Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerikus

Easy to do QoL Avionics suggestion

Recommended Posts

Theoretically I really like the idea, that there are 3 different Railjack parts and avionics manufacturers, but I think, that the decision to make some excel in some things and other in other things is reaaaaly confusing. There does not seem to be any real system in it, it feel just random. (If there is some system, I have completelly missed it)

I would suggest to rename the components in a way, that Lavan is ALWAYS a worse version then Vidar and that's ALWAYS a worse version than Zetki.

Since it is not like that, when I menage my avionics and decide what to upgrade I MUST have a wiki opened and that is not a good thing. 

This small tweak would really help to orientate better in the whole system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

 

I would suggest to rename the components in a way, that Lavan is ALWAYS a worse version then Vidar and that's ALWAYS a worse version than Zetki.

Since it is not like that, when I menage my avionics and decide what to upgrade I MUST have a wiki opened and that is not a good thing. 

This small tweak would really help to orientate better in the whole system.

No house is “worse” than the other. Yes certain houses have their strengths that are stronger than other houses. Guns are a great example. Lavan are not “worse”, they just do lower damage and have a higher overheat threshold. Vidar is not “worse” then Zetki, they just do slightly less damage but do not over heat in .2 seconds. Some would rather be able to lay on the trigger and track targets, other want to try for the single shots. 

The components and houses are designed that way so everyone has gear for the play style they prefer. Because everyone has their own play style, there is no clear “best” item for railjack. I think the only thing most would agree is a clear “best” is Vidar MKIII reactor and that is purely for capacity purposes.

 

The whole system is up for changes and will eventually get rebalanced, but as for now I would suggest figuring out hose each house is different. Lavan lower cost, lower effect. Zetki high cost, high effect. Vidar right down the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

No house is “worse” than the other. Yes certain houses have their strengths that are stronger than other houses. Guns are a great example. Lavan are not “worse”, they just do lower damage and have a higher overheat threshold. Vidar is not “worse” then Zetki, they just do slightly less damage but do not over heat in .2 seconds. Some would rather be able to lay on the trigger and track targets, other want to try for the single shots. 

The components and houses are designed that way so everyone has gear for the play style they prefer. Because everyone has their own play style, there is no clear “best” item for railjack. I think the only thing most would agree is a clear “best” is Vidar MKIII reactor and that is purely for capacity purposes.

 

The whole system is up for changes and will eventually get rebalanced, but as for now I would suggest figuring out hose each house is different. Lavan lower cost, lower effect. Zetki high cost, high effect. Vidar right down the middle.

It of course is true for the weapons, but have you actually read the title of this topic and my post before responding? I literally wrote: QoL Avionics suggestion and decision to make some excel in some things and other in other things. 

What I was talking about is, that in avionics, there is nothing like "different" types. The three houses are just plain tiers there, but randomly ordered. When you go through your avionics, it just gets confusing.

If you do not belive me, read this wiki page: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Avionics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cerikus said:

It of course is true for the weapons, but have you actually read the title of this topic and my post before responding? I literally wrote: QoL Avionics suggestion and decision to make some excel in some things and other in other things. 

What I was talking about is, that in avionics, there is nothing like "different" types. The three houses are just plain tiers there, but randomly ordered. When you go through your avionics, it just gets confusing.

If you do not belive me, read this wiki page: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Avionics

My comment worked with components and avionics. Lavan is low cost low effect (lower Avionic cost and lower values). I have seen all the charts and understand how it works. If you think Zetki is better than all others, you will be running for only 4-5 avionics maxed and that’s it. Using Vidar avionics for some things, Lavan for others and the few Zetki here Andy there means you can have a variety of avionics to help your ship be more well rounded. The only Zetki avionics I use currently is a maxed bulkhead. At its cost of around 17, it is the equivalent to an umbra mod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

My comment worked with components and avionics. Lavan is low cost low effect (lower Avionic cost and lower values). I have seen all the charts and understand how it works. If you think Zetki is better than all others, you will be running for only 4-5 avionics maxed and that’s it. Using Vidar avionics for some things, Lavan for others and the few Zetki here Andy there means you can have a variety of avionics to help your ship be more well rounded. The only Zetki avionics I use currently is a maxed bulkhead. At its cost of around 17, it is the equivalent to an umbra mod. 

Ok, even if I 100% agreed with you, what is the system in the avionics? How am I suppose to know from the top of my head which one has higher stats? 

Because that is the only purpose of this topic. You cannot know the values based on anything but the wiki. (or memorize everything)

I feel like you are trying to prove me wrong on things I do not disagree with you... Yes Railjack gear is not better or worse based on the house. Yes Avionics can be used even if they have lower values. So I do not get your point of view... 

Example: Why Conic nozzle can reach highest value in Lavan? Why is Anode cell the middle tier for Lavan? Why has Zetki the highest valued Bulkhead but low Heat sink...?

There is no pattern. That is my point :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently I have the Lavan "predator" and "section density" on my RJ because the Zetki versions are to expensive to equip with my current reactor. So while Zetki has bigger numbers they are not "the best" always :).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...