Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk: Becoming the truly unique one

buffalobuffalogaming

We already have lots of killing machine in Warframe. most of them are a more preferrable than Baruuk.
Despite his noble appearance, some CC powers and a demon inside, Baruuk is just another not-so-popular frame now.
Let's make Baruuk a truly unique frame !!

My idea:

1. Being an Icon of extreme pacifist. He cannot participate in missions that require killing to complete. (exterminate, defense, etc)
  2. Baruuk cannot equip any lethal weapon(or convert all his damage type to non-lethal). All of his actions are non-lethal and only knocked an enemy unconscious.
  3. Gain extra bonus or reward when performing non-leathal takedown.
  4. May have a unique set of special takedown animation/power. 
  5. Remove restraints meter, no more flip-flop killing machine.

This way, Baruuk will become the only frame that stands for extreme pacifist in Warframe, The truly unique one that shall be remembered,
Always being popular among non-lethal style players,
And thus, supporting "Many new ways to play" concept.

Feel free to insert your Baruuk's rework idea here.
Thanks 😄

Edited by blimsoon

It would work if he was somewhat unique in the lore, or had special aquisition, but I don't think Baruuk deserve that much "uniqueness".

It's cool to have a warframe with some unique features, but what you ask there fundamental changes of the core gameplay just for him, a lot of restriction that (as long as reducing the build possiblity), prevent him from doing certains actions, so he would need a special slot to avoid him being your last warframe. Also, I don't think Baruuk mains would be happy about not being able to play him in extermination, defenses and other mission that require to kill, killing is the main goal of warframe.

12 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

but what you ask there fundamental changes of the core gameplay

1. I never ask for anything like that. Just a slight change and we get a completely new way to play.
  2. I forgot how many time DE changed the gameplay, be it "core gameplay" or not. For example: "core" gameplay is all about killing ? They have added an animal capture mission. So DE is never afraid to change few rules as far as I know.

Il y a 11 heures, blimsoon a dit :
  1. I never ask for anything like that. Just a slight change and we get a completely new way to play.
  2. I forgot how many time DE changed the gameplay, be it "core gameplay" or not. For example: "core" gameplay is all about killing ? They have added an animal capture mission. So DE is never afraid to change few rules as far as I know.

Don't get me wrong, preventing one warframe from killing and using weapon, and restrict the missions he can play can sounds fun, but it have a lot of issues that need to be fixed in order to work, mainly to give him some alternatives way of doing what other can do.
Here a a few issues I see without going deep in details :

• What can he do if he don't have weapon ?
    Without weapon (which is a huge part of warframe), his gameplay only consist of parkour and powers, which doesn't sounds really fun.
    So unless he still can't equip "non lethal weapons" such as Hind or Aklato, Baruuk will miss the big part  of warframe gameplay weapons are. If you want weapon damages to be converted in a new "non lethal" damage type, it means a new damage type and all weapon rebalancing, sololy for Baruuk, which is a lot of work for nothing really interesting, at least at first view. If you have something to share about "non-lethal" damages, I would be interested, but for now I'm definitely skeptical about it.

• What's about other warframes when playing in squad ?
    Baruuk is a pacifist and don't want to kill, but is he ok to watch his Valkyr and Garuda friends shredding hundreds of grineers appart ? In my opinion, this doesn't really make sense and need actual reason for this, unless you can only play him solo, but it would be another unessary restriction to the frame.

• What mission can he actually play ?
    As you said, he couldn't require missions that need to kill, but a bunch of missions require you to kill :
    • Arena need you to kill for score.
    • Assassination need you to kill the boss.
    • Defense require you to kill all enemy in each wave.
    • Excavation require you to kill the power carrier to power excavators.
    • Exterminate need you to... exterminate peoples.
    • Sanctuary Onslaught is all about killing.
      Spy can be done without killing, but turn into exterminate if you fail a few objectives, would it mean instant failure for Baruuk ?
    • Suvival could be done without killing, but not without your teammates doing kills unless you have a lootframe in the squad of searching for chests in all the map for approximately 5-10min max survival time.

So, to summarise, with the changes you ask for, Baruuk cannot use weapons and kill, which is a big 30% of warframe gameplay, but he is ok to watch his team shredding enemis appart and can only play 60% of aviable gamemodes for no real reasons.
I understand you want to make Baruuk a bit unique and going in the "full pacifist" direction could fit, but the idea need a lot more work, and really think restricting weapons use and missions type played is not something that could happens.

Lore-wise, that's a neat idea. In-game, that doesn't sound feasible and may actually make him less popular. Even Buddhist/Taoist monks fight if they're pushed to it. 

But I would love to read a story or book where Baruuk was the aloof pacifist!

On 2020-01-07 at 1:03 PM, blimsoon said:

We already have lots of killing machine in Warframe. most of them are a more preferrable than Baruuk.
Despite his noble appearance, some CC powers and a demon inside, Baruuk is just another not-so-popular frame now.
Let's make Baruuk a truly unique frame !!

My idea:

1. Being an Icon of extreme pacifist. He cannot participate in missions that require killing to complete. (exterminate, defense, etc)
  2. Baruuk cannot equip any lethal weapon(or convert all his damage type to non-lethal). All of his actions are non-lethal and only knocked an enemy unconscious.
  3. Gain extra bonus or reward when performing non-leathal takedown.
  4. May have a unique set of special takedown animation/power. 
  5. Remove restraints meter, no more flip-flop killing machine.

This way, Baruuk will become the only frame that stands for extreme pacifist in Warframe, The truly unique one that shall be remembered,
Always being popular among non-lethal style players,
And thus, supporting "Many new ways to play" concept.

Feel free to insert your Baruuk's rework idea here.
Thanks 😄

Right, so your way of making Baruuk ‘unique’ is completely alienating anyone who plays him, restricting them of the majority of the game’s content? Okay...

5 hours ago, (PS4)Cell_Purple said:

Right, so your way of making Baruuk ‘unique’ is completely alienating anyone who plays him, restricting them of the majority of the game’s content? Okay...

I'm not intended to upset Baruuk players, Baruuk was my favorite sleeping gas expert too.
but "another average CC frame with an exalted weapon and a different skin" seems too common for me.
Yes, this is one of my idea to specialize something.

1 hour ago, blimsoon said:

I'm not intended to upset Baruuk players, Baruuk was my favorite sleeping gas expert too.
but "another average CC frame with an exalted weapon and a different skin" seems too common for me.
Yes, this is one of my idea to specialize something.

I understand that you want to make Baruuk unique in some way, but this is the complete wrong way to do it. 
Completely restricting half the game’s content for purpose of idiosyncrasy is not feasible at all, and just plain pointless.