Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primrose's Tennogen Expeditions and Explorations! ( HILDRYN SKIN WIP! )

Allo!

Name's Primrose. I'm a longtime Steam Workshop contributor who's been on the platform since before the platform was a thing, basically. I've been submitting my work for approval into Valve's various titles since 2011, and am currently one of the only workshoppers who has work accepted and published across their three biggest flagship Workshop titles - Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Recently I've been really into Warframe, and saw it as a great avenue to flex my creative muscles and get a bit more into the nitty gritty of different artstyles that are more demanding of the artist than stuff as stylized or low-intensity as making skins in CSGO. So, to that end, it seemed like a natural fit above any of the other workshops!

I collaborated with my friend Hans ( Millenia ) last year on an Arca Plasmor skin that got a nice level of reception but ultimately wasn't a good fit for the game, though we're both very proud of the work we designed and put out there.

Arca Indominus

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713491758

https://skfb.ly/6JTXM

ABB6643D3F03A6C9C9B2B3E159011DA736EF5D5117CBA161FD2923AC4198C51AEEA4DC7A3E5CE5A5

0A64078951BE3873B16C1134DE1C8320C565ABF7

Since then we both got busy with a lot of real life commitments and responsibilities, but recently I had enough time to return to making things for Warframe and looked towards creating a 'battle torn' / evolved / 'next-step' visualization for Ember's default look, inspired by the fact that he default appearance still hasn't had the blessing of a PBR Pass, and having a couple of what I felt to be pretty good ideas to move forward with conceptually, we land today on the finished product - 

Ember Krematsiya

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1962445212&searchtext=

92FCDDF06F99D645B3281E884183F1AC6A149E3BACC308A2DE8D41447C60314F2FA1B453C2A2521B1BB016032E48DFD0694BAE85828B6F7A6767D848F807488A0735DFEB3CA9CB96E4A0B3504559041BE8A5128B5A6282377807D7D8916AFEA3DBAC9C37

It proved to be an exciting and invigorating creative process - getting to know PBR and Substance Painter more intimately than any past encounters working with it was very fulfilling, and I think the end result speaks well enough for itself - additionally, creating the FX for the Mohawk was an interesting experience, and quite fun fiddling with and getting to exactly a point I'm satisfied with. I'm very excited to receive feedback from DE for this round.

Coming soon you can expect to see an Ivara Alt Helm based around this concept that a friend of mine had made a good few months back, I've got enough free time to work on it and I'm pretty confident I can get it done in time for the 20th.

650d66d14f.jpg

See ya then

Edited by Primrosethegreat
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! All the praise is greatly appreciated, I hope I can live up to expectations and continue to put out stuff that you all enjoy!

Unfortunately I wasn't quite able to finish the Ivara Alt-Helm in time, but I'll have it polished and up on the workshop soon regardless so I can move onto the next project! Hoping to put out a weapon-swap skin for the Heavy Blade, and after that I'll screw around and do a Hildryn Skin.

In the meantime, here's how the Ivara Helm is looking! d06edd0558.jpg46335d35ec.jpg

Gonna be doing a fun poison-dart frog pattern for the larger surfaces on this one, should be quite fun! Considered pairing it up with a full poison-dart frog skin. We'll see, though!

Weary interesting design but change face to bee little different and not like normal helmet that we have. And from the back that extra bubble is just 2 much....if you can remove it I think it would bee much better...in the end I love the idea and direction that you going to. After all we are already have 3 maybe 4 helmets in that same frog direction so it wulde bee better for something different and not just similar to the others. 

Edited by Vlada91

18 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Weary interesting design but change face to bee little different and not like normal helmet that we have. And from the back that extra bubble is just 2 much....if you can remove it I think it would bee much better...in the end I love the idea and direction that you going to. After all we are already have 3 maybe 4 helmets in that same frog direction so it wulde bee better for something different and not just similar to the others. 

Hm! I think I'm going to save any significant revisions for another time. DE generally asks for changes ranging from major to small, and if there were a time to go back and change things up, typically it's then! I'm quite fond of the way the back-hood sits on Ivara's upper shoulders in any case! Additionally as far as I can tell there's actually no Alt-Helms that play up the 'frog theme' as much as I intend to with this one and it's patterns. 

For now here's a WIP of how it's coming along, need to do mats and colors but this is looking quite solid so far, I think. The little eyelashes and faux toothy smile turned out quite cute!

c8cba67564.jpg

10 hours ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Hildryn skin? Oh my god.

Spoiler

fa31bbfde3.png

Hildryn's default mesh is an absolute chaotic nightmare to try and work around due to so much of it's geometry being very particular about it's shapes and contours, but I'm quite happy with this concept that my pal Druida made a little while back. There'll be an Alt Helm as well but that just needs a bit more tinkering with before I think it's concept is ready!

With any luck I'll get to work on this Hildryn by around March or so! 😊

Edited by Primrosethegreat
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Primrosethegreat said:

Hm! I think I'm going to save any significant revisions for another time. DE generally asks for changes ranging from major to small, and if there were a time to go back and change things up, typically it's then! I'm quite fond of the way the back-hood sits on Ivara's upper shoulders in any case! Additionally as far as I can tell there's actually no Alt-Helms that play up the 'frog theme' as much as I intend to with this one and it's patterns. 

i like it, unfortunately Vlada is well-known as a back-seat designer that constantly wheedles for people to change something to his/her preferred way.

1 hour ago, Ascythian said:

i like it, unfortunately Vlada is well-known as a back-seat designer that constantly wheedles for people to change something to his/her preferred way.

Because sometimes as artist is good to hear someone else opinions and see things in a different perspective. Im just been realistic that even he is amazing and there is nothing to complaining about his Ember and plasma weapon because they are weary good and he have my votes on this skins, his ivara face on the other hand look the same as normal ivara face-helmet. But everything else around that face is excellent because I love good hood style specially that is combined with some steampunk style. But from the back look just like its not belong there and thats it,because we already have normal helmet and 3 other helmets from tennogen that they are weary similar 1 to another. His style and direction don't have to mix in that same category and thats it. Critics are always welcome for the artist,if you are not the artist you will not understand that...

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

his ivara face on the other hand look the same as normal ivara face-helmet. But everything else around that face is excellent because I love good hood style specially that is combined with some steampunk style. But from the back look just like its not belong there and thats it,because we already have normal helmet and 3 other helmets from tennogen that they are weary similar 1 to another.

Personally, due to it being a stand-alone Alt-Helm, I think there's value in being 'similar yet different' to Ivara's standard helmet! I think Ivara has the strongest looking base appearance out of almost all warframes in the game and with a stand alone helmet I'm interested in trying to create something that's congruent and complimentary with her unmodified look.

Who knows! Maybe this mock-up I did for the yet-unfinished Frog-patterning could convince you otherwise of the value of the back-hood! 

9e4fb1ec26.png

Design is subject-to-change still, but I think having a visual to show what the intent is with the back hood does a better job conveying what my intent is for it!

Oh ok I see it just alt helmet,ok nice but maybe because every helmet is just big and massive....but then again even if is her style I can hope that sometimes she will get the helmet that is not that big like unfortunately have just 1 that she's got already in the game...in the end im hoping to see more other cool skins for other frames...what frame you planning next and can wee see more hoods for other frames? 🤔😏🍻

Edited by Vlada91

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Primrosethegreat said:

unknown.png

Got a lil' somethin' somethin' cookin'. Stay tuned.

Just add something different on her chest to not look like she is having bikini like what she already have on normal skin... And all the rest loook perfect 😁👏👏

On 2020-01-23 at 7:24 PM, Primrosethegreat said:

Personally, due to it being a stand-alone Alt-Helm, I think there's value in being 'similar yet different' to Ivara's standard helmet! I think Ivara has the strongest looking base appearance out of almost all warframes in the game and with a stand alone helmet I'm interested in trying to create something that's congruent and complimentary with her unmodified look.

Who knows! Maybe this mock-up I did for the yet-unfinished Frog-patterning could convince you otherwise of the value of the back-hood! 

9e4fb1ec26.png

Design is subject-to-change still, but I think having a visual to show what the intent is with the back hood does a better job conveying what my intent is for it!

Interesting, I'd pick this up if you can get it into Tennogen. It would be Ivara's first 'stand-alone helmet tennogen' as well if you can get it in.

As an Ivara main, with 12 froggy/jellyfish waifus, I have all of her Tennogen skins. Would like to add this 'Froggy hood' to my girl's attire.

Edited by BlindStalker

On 2020-02-06 at 9:55 AM, Primrosethegreat said:

unknown.png

Got a lil' somethin' somethin' cookin'. Stay tuned.

Looking good.

On 2020-01-23 at 10:57 PM, Vlada91 said:

Because sometimes as artist is good to hear someone else opinions and see things in a different perspective. Im just been realistic that even he is amazing and there is nothing to complaining about his Ember and plasma weapon because they are weary good and he have my votes on this skins, his ivara face on the other hand look the same as normal ivara face-helmet. But everything else around that face is excellent because I love good hood style specially that is combined with some steampunk style. But from the back look just like its not belong there and thats it,because we already have normal helmet and 3 other helmets from tennogen that they are weary similar 1 to another. His style and direction don't have to mix in that same category and thats it. Critics are always welcome for the artist,if you are not the artist you will not understand that...

I believe a critic has to follow the rules of the game. DE make the rules and one of their rules is that certain artistic styles have to be adhered to. Honest criticism need not be judgemental [which in my opinion in part is what you are doing]. The idea that the style and direction do not have to follow is false because DE generally want it to. The element of verisimilitude plays a role. You are not really offering constructive criticism for the most part and I wouldn't really call you a critic, more as someone seeking to impose their own order on someone elses work in an opinionated manner.

Edited by Ascythian

5 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Looking good.

I believe a critic has to follow the rules of the game. DE make the rules and one of their rules is that certain artistic styles have to be adhered to. Honest criticism need not be judgemental [which in my opinion in part is what you are doing]. The idea that the style and direction do not have to follow is false because DE generally want it to. The element of verisimilitude plays a role. You are not really offering constructive criticism for the most part and I wouldn't really call you a critic, more as someone seeking to impose their own order on someone elses work in an opinionated manner.

Actually im just giving different perspective and saying something that is maybe better for change just because it look more like whaz we have in normal skin. I cant hold his hand and say everything what need change part by part.... For some frames lile her im not that in 2 and 90% of the time im using male frame more then female... So in the end i really dont care... But i like to help, with my opinion what i think and how i see something that maybe can look little better. On this frame i have lich armor chest so i cant see this detail even if i have some skin on her. But that doesn't mean that i  don't care about design. And if you want some more criticism look her knees look like female chest parts... 

Edited by Vlada91