Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll, Nyx Or Frost?

Frost's damaging abilities are somewhat lackluster at the moment. However, if the Armor 2.0 change includes a major redesign, this could be fixed.

Nyx, on the other hand, scales better given that her ult doesn't deal any damage. 

EDIT: Remembering, of course, that Snow Globe is possibly the best defensive ability in-game.

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

It's subjective and largely incomparable.

Frost provides damage control against ranged enemies, and some very limited CC and damage.

Nyx provides some very powerful hard CC along with some very limited damage dealing.

nyx i like more (chaos useful in any condition, her ult great to be a decoy, MindControl.... use it on a healer ancient and its gonna give ur team and u 100 hp)

Frost is ehh (all ability dmg is ice based so its pretty bad vs infected, snow globe great defensive ability vs RANGE ENEMY now if u do it on infected ur not helping but ur trying to make ur team lose the game, also his a great corpus killer with Ice wave)

If you mean "better" in terms of universal usefulness, then Nyx is definitely better. She has three skills (Mind Control, Chaos, and Absorb) that are useful in any scenario, while Frost's eternal mission is to stand on top of Defense cryopods and continually recast Snow Globe.

If you mean "better" in terms of universal usefulness, then Nyx is definitely better. She has three skills (Mind Control, Chaos, and Absorb) that are useful in any scenario, while Frost's eternal mission is to stand on top of Defense cryopods and continually recast Snow Globe.

They're two of my favourite Warframes (Nyx being #1).. They can't really be compared. They offer two wildly different things. Sure, Nyx can do a struggling job to fill in for a Frost sometimes, but same goes for Frost and Nyx.. They're both about putting something between your team and the enemy. With Frost, it's slow-downs, and a giant bubble now and then.. With Nyx, it's other enemies, and a giant bubble now and then.

I prefer Nyx, for more things, because she suits my playstyle, and I love the way she looks, and her abilities. But, Frost is my main man for Defense, and my favourite of the male Warframes. They're my King and Queen, so to speak.

You couldnt pick two MORE different WFs!

almost impossible to compare...

but to be brutally honest, 

Nyx is one of the BEST warframes in the game,
Mind control is incredible
Chaos may very well be one of the very best abilitys in game, it SHOULD be her uber but its only her 3rd power!
She is amazing to solo, a lifesaver to any defense or survival grouping and one of the few WFs that is still viable end game

Frost has Snowglobe

lol

As i have both, i will just say that any of them is good. You wont make mistake whatever you choose.

Frost is Snowglobe spammer, useless at Infested. Nyx is Chaos spammer, useful for everything.

You can use Frost other powers, but it is not viable to do that. Avalanche can help you sometimes, having few seconds cc, but long cast time and short duration makes it meh mostly.

Nyx can crowdcontrol with Mind Control as good as with Chaos, if you MC right mob. Absorb is a joke, use it only to block pod or artifact if they are being swarmed.

Frost Prime with white and black color scheme kicks so much &#! that you get a morale boost any time you see him.

That said, I'd say that it comes down to your play style.

Frost (Prime) is basically a turret, it's tanky but not anywhere near invincible, when S#&$ hits the fan you hit 3 to raise the bubble and then you proceed to rape anything with your guns. The bubble slows down stuff quite a bit, so it's not totally useless against infested. Its other abilities are very lackluster nowadays.

Nyx is a runner, is squishy, when you press 3 for chaos and everyone starts killing each other. Need healing? Find a healer and cast mind control on it.

All in all both are good, but they are pretty different.