Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarthIronclad

[SPOILERS] The sentient arm cannon can be a fun weapon,but...

Ever since i got this new weapon,i have been having a blast with it.

Is a solid room cleaner with its AOE which also deals no self damage,which is amazing.

However,the fairly low base damage of this weapon makes it fall off fairly quickly in higher levels without using any form of damage buffs.

I did some testing with a chroma,and the weapon feels a lot better on his hands,but still,the weapon could use a buff to its base damage so it won't rely too much on damage buffs to unlock its potential.

Personally,i would recommend a viral HM build for railjack enemies,and a corrosive build when fighting against sentients(not eidolons) and normal Grineer and infested(corrosive is great vs ancients,and heat is decent vs the trash mobs),of course go for gas for Corpus

I have a video made too doing some tests with chroma on the infamous officers and a new sentient enemy,which is prob the strongest non boss sentient EHP wise as of making this post:

Spoiler

This weapon instantly became my 2nd most fav weapon currently...Strun Wraith will still be No 1 to me though(mainly due to riven bias)

I think you can go with corrosive to reduce their armor? The DoT isn't that high so I guess straight damage with no reduction will do faster

I would absolutely love my Shedu, if it would fire. Every mission I start off being able to use it, only to find myself mashing the fire button to no avail later. 

I'm inclined to agree. I love the weapon, it's incredibly fun to use (when it isn't bugged), but my Acceltra just seems to outclass it on almost every level, so I only bring it to starchart stuff. Hoping for either a damage buff, a fire rate buff, or both.

When comparing it to Acceltra,is like trading damage potential so you don't risk blowing yourself up.

Also wonder will there do a secondary with anti sentient capabilities soon...so we can have a full anti sentient loadout

Not really on topic, but why would sentients develop a weapon that is effective against their own kind but far less effective against the "Bios" as they like to call us? If you want to defeat a tenno just put up a few friendship doors or force a host migration, time to adapt sentients!

Sentiments may not be one hive mind - maybe they have their own internal disputes.

It's a ripped off sentient arm per the description. So go off of that.

I tossed this thing away to gather dust shortly after using it to grind up murmurs. Just tops out really fast.

Il y a 6 heures, DarthIronclad a dit :

viral HM build for railjack enemies,

Il y a 6 heures, DarthIronclad a dit :

some tests with chroma on the infamous officers

Just tested corrosive against them and it seems like the wiki is wrong when they say "Gokstad Officers are immune to all forms of armor reduction and negation" (or maybe we can argue semantics). Against officers, corrosive damage has +75% damage bonus and 75% of armor is "ignored" (more here : https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage).

Spawned a lvl 100 officier, took a lanka with serration (+ speed trigger + primed shred + vigilante fervor) + :

-infected clip and primed cryo round : 3547 viral damage and 1391 electricity damage, at 2x combo, shot does 540 yellow crit damage

-infected clip only : 2643 corrosive damage, at 2x combo, shot does 1381 yellow crit damage (Adding primed cryo round reduced the damage lol)

That's 2.56x more damage with corrosive damage being 74.5% of viral damage (not even counting electricity damage). Even the viral proc isn't enough to offset the armor mitigation.

Also took my 0 forma Shedu with corrosive (+heat) and shot at the officier without any buff and the hits did more damage (309 vs 239) than your buffed chroma (without the same fire rate though).

My biggest issue with the Shedu is that it'll just bug out from time to time and refuse to fire at all.

Il y a 5 heures, 844448 a dit :

think you can go with corrosive to reduce their armor?

If you did not know, corrosive does not remove their armor, and even with 4x corrosive projection their armor is not removed. They are still affected by other status effects ... xD 

3 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

If you did not know, corrosive does not remove their armor, and even with 4x corrosive projection their armor is not removed. They are still affected by other status effects ... xD 

Even with that, they take more damage from +75% with corrosive so it may be a better option

il y a 1 minute, 844448 a dit :

e from +75% with corrosive so it may be a better option

Viral also has +75% damage multiplier on their health, and it halves their HP, so corrosive is definitely not better. 

il y a 3 minutes, HatedByLifeItself a dit :

Viral also has +75% damage multiplier on their health, and it halves their HP, so corrosive is definitely not better. 

See my post above, you can test it yourself, viral does less damage even when considering the debuff.

3 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

If they have zero armor, where there's no secondary layer to change the calculation so I believe corrosive will do better in this case

They gonna hopefully release special mods for the Shedu only that alters the projectiles or other parts of the weapons stats like something outta Metroid. 

6 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

When comparing it to Acceltra,is like trading damage potential so you don't risk blowing yourself up.

I would argue that the tradeoff isn't worth it. Someone's Reddit math put the Shedu at about 39% of the Acceltra's sustained DPS on a single target, and 47% if you use the reload speed mod cheese to stop the Shedu's armor-stripping explosion. Considering how the Acceltra has its own safety feature to reduce accidental suicides, plus the existence of that one Arbitration mod that reduces self-damage by 99% but decreases total weapon damage by only 15% (significantly less of a penalty than the Shedu's overwhelming damage loss)... I just don't think it's worth it.

6 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Not really on topic, but why would sentients develop a weapon that is effective against their own kind but far less effective against the "Bios" as they like to call us? If you want to defeat a tenno just put up a few friendship doors or force a host migration, time to adapt sentients!

The weapon is designed to be good against Biological targets, it has a built in resistance reset but that seems to be more of a unique gimmick that we can take advantage of from overloading the weapon.

Any of the standard damage types are bad against the Sentients, even Radiation that they are weak to because they adapt to it all, a damage they don't adapt to, like Void or perhaps Tau damage is effective against them. The more technologically advanced a weapon becomes the worse it is against the Sentients. Hence why we use mundane weaponry like swords, bows, flamethrowers and beam cannons. They are technically low tech weapons compared to what the Orokin used.

I think it would be very interesting to one day have access to some full Orokin tech (Not primed mundane weapons) and see how powerful they could be, except they have massive negatives against Sentient foes.

9 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

The weapon is designed to be good against Biological targets, it has a built in resistance reset but that seems to be more of a unique gimmick that we can take advantage of from overloading the weapon.

The weapon does below damage dps across the board, the second sentence is what makes it infinitely better against sentients than everything except the paracesis. Hence less effective against bios, very effective against their own kind. I will grant you its a stretch in reasoning, but i think it holds true in the broader sense.

Shedu has a bug, and this bug persist not only on players, but also on specters like, whoever wielding shedu. 

It appears that everytime it depleted of ammo, its radial blast completely stops the ammo regen. 

Whatever, im exclusively using shedu for wukong clone only now, if it stops firing then i just recast the ability. Temporary fix, but its really fun seeing the clone going nuts with it. 

meh it's not bad. just wish it wouldn't jam. reminds me of back when we first got Azima on console and the Alt-fire didn't work. energy cannons wouldn't jam anyway, they'd just explode and probably kill the user if they malfunctioned.

I am disappointed sentient arm-cannon thing become just a normal weapon and everyone accepted it, dunno if people dont care, forgot or simply dont know but we should talk about the fact that weapon we got is NOT what it was supposed to be, orginally it was supposed to be: procedurally generated super weapon, there were pics showing different variations of sentient arm cannon, also we were supposed to fight very special sentient to get it, it was called exo sentient or something.

Shedu is gutted version of what was promised...