Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros appeareance does not reflect his perk

Cloud

Inaros has the concept design of a mummy, for this he is supposed to be dehydrated, twisted and spooky, I get it. 

My problem is... he's the most tank and probably more sustain centered frame of the game and his appeareance does not convey this feeling of "hardness,beefed up, endurance".

I mean, look at Hildryn, Rhino, Grendel, they are all mighty and muscular and are paper in comparison to Inaros. Indeed, there are other frames with good endurance but they are always somewhat caster frames and not raw ehp monsters.

It's just me who found strange that the most Crazy EHP frame out there seems just the healthier brother of Nekros?

I'm saying all this because since the change in theme made with Ivara, a man can dream to see a bit more muscles on Inaros Prime.

Well, it could happen. Though it'd likely have to stay within the whole Egypt/Desert/Pharaoh theme. Just like Ivara which had mostly a sub-theme change rather than a base theme change. After all her official theme per DE is "poisonous animals", hence the change from tree frog to jellyfish.

So it'd be mostly a matter of finding out a bulkier figure that fits within that sandy realm Inaros belongs to. Still, I doubt his stances would pair up with a strong warrior since Inaros move set is mostly that of an undead creature (mummies). I'd see a zombie Inaros come out easier than a bulkier one if that condition alone was considered.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

He's "undead"

That's the point

The point is just this, he does not convey (at least for me) the idea of an undead. An undead frame for me should not have centered in huge hp pools but on health percentage gates with an incredible healing factor.

Inaros instead is just a giant pool of health which can be hardened, feels like a moving mountain and when you see how that mountain looks like.... it's just bland. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, it could happen. Though it'd likely have to stay within the whole Egipt/Desert/Pharaoh theme. Just like Ivara which had mostly a sub-theme change rather than a base theme change. After all her official theme per DE is "poisonous animais", hence the change between tree frog to jellyfish.

So it'd be mostly a matter of finding out a bulkier figure that fits within that sandy realm Inaros belongs to. Still, I doubt his stances would pair up with a strong warrior since Inaros move set is mostly that of an undead creature (mummies). I'd see a zombie Inaros come out easier than a bulkier one if that condition alone was considered.

A deluxe skin would also make the work for me, I just want some muscles who reflect how tanky is the frame.

It's not that he's strong, so much as he's resilient.

Instead of imagining somebody so tough that bullets bounce off of them... imagine somebody who gets shot, bleeds until the bullet falls out (if it doesn't go clean through or get stuck inside) and then they decide to hobble their way onward.

Unstoppable. Invulnerable. That's Inaros. Not tough and beefy. He's spongy, meaty, and lacking the importance of vital organs. He's a mummy.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

*Egypt

R.I.P. public school system.

Thank you for the correction, happens from time to time, though I'll still say R.I.P. Geopolitical Awareness.

Not everyone lives in the USA or any other country that has english as a first language. Would be rather awkward if we were all cramped up in the same space and with the same culture with so much land to share among everyone on this fine planet.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

28 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Instead of imagining somebody so tough that bullets bounce off of them... imagine somebody who gets shot, bleeds until the bullet falls out (if it doesn't go clean through or get stuck inside) and then they decide to hobble their way onward.

Unstoppable. Invulnerable. That's Inaros. Not tough and beefy. He's spongy, meaty, and lacking the importance of vital organs. He's a mummy.

This^

Rhino is a man in a suit of armor that blocks the bullets,
Inaros is a zombie that gets hit by the bullets and then just keeps coming.

"I will inflict the greatest insult an enemy can suffer. To be ignored."
- Warlord Okeer

53 minutes ago, Cloud said:

The point is just this, he does not convey (at least for me) the idea of an undead. An undead frame for me should not have centered in huge hp pools but on health percentage gates with an incredible healing factor.

Inaros instead is just a giant pool of health which can be hardened, feels like a moving mountain and when you see how that mountain looks like.... it's just bland. 

You and I have very different ideas on how unkillable the undead is then

16 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You and I have very different ideas on how unkillable the undead is then

Yea, very different ideas.

53 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

That's a good image you made there. Still, i don't see why we can't get a muscular undead. In every mummy movie, he was quite beefy. I guess all the fantasy RPG has made the iconic image of the undead skinny, but that's not written on stone. 

23 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yea, very different ideas.

That's a good image you made there. Still, i don't see why we can't get a muscular undead. In every mummy movie, he was quite beefy. I guess all the fantasy RPG has made the iconic image of the undead skinny, but that's not written on stone. 

Because he's literally a rotted corpse, it's stupid to have a buff zombie/mummy

30 minutes ago, Cloud said:

i don't see why we can't get a muscular undead.

No reason there can't be. Cosmetics are fun for that. There's certainly the more beefy design used in grineer ghouls. Though providing that Inaros keeps with form, his height and all that should probably stay the same, just be more of a juggernaut frame.

I'm guessing you're thinking something like Anakaris from Dark Stalkers.

Edited by sir_deadlock

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Because he's literally a rotted corpse, it's stupid to have a buff zombie/mummy

it's stupid for you, tell that to hollywood lol. In all the movies the mummy was always an huge and massive guy 

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

it's stupid for you, tell that to hollywood lol. In all the movies the mummy was always an huge and massive guy 

Really?

I'm just thinking back to The Mummy, both recent and old and the mummy in there was just a regular guy. Are you thinking of The Scorpion King, played by Dwayne Johnson? He wasn't a mummy in that movie.

In the animated show Mummies Alive, there was a variety of body types they went with.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Really?

I'm just thinking back to The Mummy, both recent and old and the mummy in there was just a regular guy. Are you thinking of The Scorpion King, played by Dwayne Johnson? He wasn't a mummy in that movie.

In the animated show Mummies Alive, there was a variety of body types they went with.

yea cause this is just your regular skinny guy 

maxresdefault.jpg

The point is when the mummy is born, he starts to recollect his physical appeareance /body structure of when he was alive or even bigger.

PS: the whole concept of making a mummy is to conserve as long as possible the physical structure of the dead.

Edited by Cloud

8 minutes ago, Cloud said:

PS: the whole concept of making a mummy is to conserve as long as possible the physical structure of the dead.

1. In the image you shared your "mummy" was a literal scorpion man hybrid so using it as an example of what mummies look like is dumb.

2. One of the steps of creating a mummy is covering it with a massive pile of salt, that's not going to leave a very beefy mummy.

3. "The point is when the mummy is born, he starts to recollect his physical appeareance /body structure of when he was alive or even bigger."
That is how it works in 1 movie franchise, risen mummies aren't real so DE can go whatever route they want.

4. Inaros' base skin is based on a rotting lanky mummy, not Dwayne the Rock Johnson

Edited by BaIthazar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

1. In the image you shared your "mummy" was a literal scorpion man hybrid so using it as an example of what mummies look like is dumb.

I can use any example I want as long as they are classified as mummy, Do you want another not even took by me?

35 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

I'm guessing you're thinking something like Anakaris from Dark Stalkers.

3 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

One of the steps of creating a mummy is covering it with a massive pile of salt, that's not going to leave a very beefy mummy

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

he starts to recollect his physical appeareance /body structure of when he was alive or even bigger.

4 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

That is how it works in 1 movie franchise, risen mummies aren't real so DE can go whatever route they want.

More than 1 franchise. And since they are free, they can also take the massive mummy model.

5 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Inaros is base skin is based on a rotting lanky mummy, not Dwayne the Rock Johnson

5 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

risen mummies aren't real so DE can go whatever route they want.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

The classical religious theory is kind of funny.
You've heard the phrase "you can't take it with you" right? Well the Egyptians believed you could. Granted, they weren't the only culture to create mummies and have stories about curses from beyond the grave, but Inaros does have an Egyptian mummy vibe.

The idea was that the body was supposed to be preserved as long as possible, because it's the body you would have in the after life. Have a TED talk, for your entertainment.

Can you explain the point of all the separate quotes in relation to each other?

It looks like you used something I said as a counter of something I said.

Regardless, all of this is countered by the fact that risen mummies are fiction, so if DE decides that Inaros is a shriveled bullet sponge than that's how it is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

It looks like you used something I said as a counter of something I said.

Exactly, just because many of your points can, without any problem, be used to counter your arguments.

26 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Regardless, all of this is countered by the fact that risen mummies are fiction, so if DE decides that Inaros is a shriveled bullet sponge than that's how it is.

Exactly. Belief, story, movies and fantasy thinking it's all relative. All goes around what DE decides. That's why this post was made, as a feedback in which I say that considering his role in the game, the raw EHP and his perks,  I belive a more muscular body could land a better feeling/impact for the frame. You're free to agree or disagree with me, that's how feedback works.

12 hours ago, Cloud said:

An undead frame for me should not have centered in huge hp pools but on health percentage gates with an incredible healing factor.

But, Inaros does have the incredible healing factor through multiple factors. His passive that heals him when doing finishers (which synergizes naturally with Desiccation), Devour, and Scarab Storm which all provide different ways for him to heal. Not exactly sure how health percentage gates would work in Warframe, but even then, you already have a portion of your idea of within Inaros.

13 hours ago, Cloud said:

I mean, look at Hildryn, Rhino, Grendel, they are all mighty and muscular and are paper in comparison to Inaros

Now here's the thing with some of the Warframes you listed that you feel like follow the muscle = tank character archetype. Hildryn, obviously a tank, has lots of shields and can be beefy when she needs to and her muscular form helps characterizes that. Rhino would also technically fit into the same lane, even though he aesthetically doesn't have the same type of defined muscles as Hildryn does, he does have the body type to support it. Now Grendel, and I'm not trying to be mean, doesn't really have a focus on his 'muscles' than the other two, mainly because he doesn't really have any. It's obviously his fat that is the main focus of his tankiness. A more better example would be Atlas, since he has the broader shoulders and top-build appearance of someone who can be muscular, and yet Atlas himself isn't that much of a tank. It's not that he isn't, it's just that he has more of a focus on damage and CC, that his tank role is more of a secondary/tertiary role for him.

Many tanks in Warframe don't follow the muscular = tank rule, heck Revenant is a tank frame who happens to technically be undead (based on his lore and name), and yet that guy barely has a pound of meat on his bones. Inaros is just happens to be a tank that follows the path of taking lots of hits and patching all of his wounds instantly.

13 hours ago, Cloud said:

I'm saying all this because since the change in theme made with Ivara, a man can dream to see a bit more muscles on Inaros Prime.

Ivara didn't have a theme change, rather a theme shift. Jellyfish are still poisonous (which still ties to the dart frog appearance), still move slow like Ivara in her Prowl, and attack unexpectedly just like a stealth frame (although more intentionally). Her thematic appearance definitely changed, but her general theme didn't. Also, I feel like Inaros would get more of a 'royal' but also rebel type of appearance, since he fought against the Orokin, namesake references the historic figures that both rebelled against specific groups of people as well. It's not to say Inaros won't get beefier in his Prime, but I doubt that would be a focus or even intention of the potential Prime design.

Edited by Scruffel