Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is going to happen to our existing Archwings?

thurmack

Question

Has anyone heard what's going to happen to our existing archwings  when Modular archwings come out?

I would like to know for two reasons:

1) I've invested a lot of time, energy, and resources into ranking up the archwings I've got and I would be bummed if I lost all that, and

2) I have a couple of archwings (Elytron and Odonata Prime) that just hit rank 30, and I don't; want to burn Orokin Reactors on something that will shortly be removed from the game, but I also can't really use an un-upgraded Archwing effectively in the Veil missions.

Anyone have any info?

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

I very much doubt that DE will remove them from the game, as they only remove something if it's truly bad. It can even be useless, and it'll just sit there and be ignored but it won't be removed.

But will they remain relevant as they are? Are they going to be left dusting (even post-rework) after the modular AW's are released? Only time will tell.

I advocate for them to not make them modular, and instead work out the qwirks in a way they haven't done in the last 4 years. And then release the long deserved Primes.

I think it's a good opportunity to treat the Archwings for what they are: Warframes, but only usable in certain areas.

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I advocate for them to not make them modular, and instead work out the qwirks in a way they haven't done in the last 4 years. And then release the long deserved Primes.

I think it's a good opportunity to treat the Archwings for what they are: Warframes, but only usable in certain areas.

Likely not gonna happen

Arcwing will be better as modular parts, no point just "buffing" the ones we already have now, as always modular will be more powerful, give or take. Only to be nerfed to the ground at a later date. Right now the only "useful" Arcwing is Amesha, no amount of "buffs/power changes" will make any of the other Arcwings useful. "Amesha will always be king/op/overused" to DE until that is nerfed. 

Best thing for DE to do is scrap the whole Arcwing System and restart from the ground up (and maybe delete arcwing missions, while they at it)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

8 hours ago, thurmack said:

1) I've invested a lot of time, energy, and resources into ranking up the archwings I've got and I would be bummed if I lost all that, and

once we get modular arcwings the non modluar will remain as it just gonna be like with all modular items you can use them an never use just for mastery fodder or min max the modular item.

8 hours ago, thurmack said:

2) I have a couple of archwings (Elytron and Odonata Prime) that just hit rank 30, and I don't; want to burn Orokin Reactors on something that will shortly be removed from the game, but I also can't really use an un-upgraded Archwing effectively in the Veil missions.

like i said the arcwings we have now will remain in the game when modluar arcwings are out. DE will not remove the current arcwings to have modluar ones be the only arcwings in the game.
have you forgotten that the nightwave store sells reactors an catalysts so you can buy them or hopefully find them in invasion alerts or heck from when ever they do gift of the lotus alerts.

17 hours ago, thurmack said:

1) I've invested a lot of time, energy, and resources into ranking up the archwings I've got and I would be bummed if I lost all that

You will never lose your completed gears. The new modular AW could be a bit better, could be a new temporary meta, but I don't think they will be too OP. 
Your invested time&resource, If in the end, they succesfully gave you what you want, consider those efforts well-spent.
Some of my legacy gears are still viable once I've optimized it.

17 hours ago, thurmack said:

and I don't; want to burn Orokin Reactors on something that will shortly be removed

If you can farm 20 plats, you can afford the reactor. You will have plenty of them in later game.
All of my old archwings are still viable since last year, I don't think they will shortly be removed.
If you still short of reactors, go farm some more, or buy plats when u get a discount.

Don't worry about those removed contents, DE always give the new broken one for us to enjoy. 😄

If they go modular I dont know how that would work without giving us the forma/reactor we invested into them back.  Which should be super easy to do.

I could really care less though... new stuff is always added to the game.  Your always going to need more forma, more catalysts, more reactors.   Get over it.  

I am far more interested in how they plan to balance archwings vs railjack.   I think enemy fighters and crew ships and batteries should not be able to even target archwings.   I think Railjack missions should have tons of little archwing size enemies to fight when you go outside in your archwing.  These little enemies wouldnt be able to do jack to your Railjack.

But if they wanna make us godlike in our archwing and take shots from crew ships and fighters lol bring it on lol!!   But if they did that I think then they will also have to screw with open world maps to balance AW's there.....  Thats why I like my idea of AW's being to small for RJ stuff to target except other AW size enemies.  Then there wont be much to balance.  And of course I would support making RJ enemies immune from our AW's.  buh bye intrinsic farm losers...