Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meanwhile Over on Console: Archwing Sadness

(XBOX)psyoniko

Before I write what I want to write about here there's a little meta I want to lay down. I'm on Xbox and I started playing Warframe avidly right around the time POE dropped, not because of the POE marketing push but because it happened to coincide with the moment I got sick of Destiny 2. I was one of those MR 4 dudes running Eidelon hunts with no idea how to damage it or not get aced, jumping up on the Plague Star boil and not understanding what was killing me, etc. By my estimation I play way too much with 2700+ hours or 750+ daily logins since then — do the math — many destroyed controllers. I know this is a drop in the bucket compared to "veteran" PC players. And, based on what I observe in these forums, console players are apparently disqualified from having opinions on Warframe. But Warframe is literally the only game I play and sometimes I want to talk about it and this is the most logical place for that.

I really loved archwing. My only complaint for the longest time was that there aren't enough missions and the ones we had quickly become tedious. I found underwater archwing fights uniquely relaxing, so there aren't enough of those either (in fact I don't know where to find those fights anymore). Then I discovered the joy of performing loops in atmosphere, which brought to me whole new aspect of playing to just fly loops over the Plains.

Since Empyrean archwing has taken a serious hit in terms of the qualities I found enjoyable. As far as I can tell, not only does Ixtal not have Blink, there still is no universal Blink. I see all the YouTube players on PC Blinking away the Railjack grind, but over here on console we're still in first gear. If I'm wrong, please let me know how it works with a controller because I can't find it and I can't see it under controller options. [I did try the controller reset (mentioned in another thread) again and it did not work. However, I tried it again while in archwing flight and now I have Blink. But that whole issue combined with embarrassing myself here once again in front of all you veterans is the opposite of fun.]

But the worst thing is that I can no longer loop end-over-end flying in atmosphere. I don't think it's just a console thing — I saw a post about it. With all the tuning and tweaking I guess this excellent maneuverability feature is considered extraneous. But my sadness increases.

Edited by (XB1)psyoniko
to further embarass myself in front of everyone

I´m a PC player, and I own consoles. So I know the struggle of always being the last pig at the trough.

I 100% respect your concerns and I am not making fun of them. Consoles will eventually get the same updates, although PC is obviously the lead platform.

But...if flying loops in atmosphere is what you enjoy the most, have you not thought about getting something like the MS flight simulator? I mean this seriously.

I appreciate your response.

I doubt the MS Flight Simulator has any Warframe resources I can farm while I'm there, no fish to catch, no Grineer to blast or Thumpers to destroy, no Eidolons to capture. Thanks for the advice, though.

I'll just mention here I found a post with suggestion for Blink control that I thought I tried already but maybe I'm just wrong — I'll try again.

Personally i like the changed controls and i always preferred amesha over all the archwings. As it stands even when they nerf it it will still be the only archwing capable of living thtough high end fighters.

I know de said universal blink would come to all. But i did read console didn't get it yet.  Well i never cared for it to begin with.  I noticed i did it by accident last night in a earth mission.  There seemed to be a internal cd to it though. And i still thought it was useless.

If anything i think the railjack enemies are overtuned and our archwings/weapons and ship weapons need better balancing.

Atm only 1 archwing is viable and 2 archguns. The rest are useless. Especially at high levels.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

I appreciate your response. I resolved the Blink issue by re-saving the controller settings, but I had to do it while in flight. I was tooling around with no Blink since the console update that supposedly fixed it because I couldn't find info about it. It helps a little bit.

I poured a bunch of Forma into the Amesha and one of those guns and they work ok where I am in Railjack stuff. I can't comment on high levels since I haven't even completed half of Saturn.

I haven't used Ixtal since they subbed in that stupid ripline ability for Blink. Maybe they put a new version Blink back in Ixtal's kit but now that I can't fly vertical loops and Ixtal is no good for Railjack I hardly care.

I guess the Grineer are way better at flying than they are at fighting on the ground.