Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does a resource drop chance booster screw me over for Avionics

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

Question

Does having a resource booster active lower the drop chance for avionics - or does it change the drop table only IF a resource were to drop.

In other words, with an active resource booster am I now more like to get any resource and less likely to get avionics, or equally likely to get avionics as without a booster, but if an enemy should happen to drop a resource instead of avionics, its more likely to be a rare one.

If it messes with my avionic drop chance, any way to get rid of an unwanted resource drop chance booster awarded from sortie or should I just take a 3 day vacation from Railjack.

6 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

So i'm still back where I started wondering if the resource drop chance booster lowers the 10% to some lower value.

It doesn't.

Resources and Mods are on separate tables, that's why enemies can drop both a resource and a mod in a single kill.

A resource drop chance booster will only increase the chance of enemies dropping a resource. Mod drops are unaffected by that.

• Like 1

Yeah I looked at the official drop tables and ships listed that drop avionics don't list any resources, just that the mod (overall) drop chance is 10%.

I'm 99% sure those same ships have dropped resources as well (perhaps as the other 90% or some fraction there of) but perhaps in the heat of battle, those resources dropped from ships that have no avionic drops at all (but I don't think so).

So i'm still back where I started wondering if the resource drop chance booster lowers the 10% to some lower value.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Yeah I looked at the official drop tables and ships listed that drop avionics don't list any resources, just that the mod (overall) drop chance is 10%.

I'm 99% sure those same ships have dropped resources as well (perhaps as the other 90% or some fraction there of) but perhaps in the heat of battle, those resources dropped from ships that have no avionic drops at all (but I don't think so).

Resources are in a separate part of the drop tables. Look up Pustrels (or another resource) and you should find them. An enemy rolls both the mod and the resource drop tables when killed, so one booster shouldn't affect the other.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Does having a resource booster active lower the drop chance for avionics - or does it change the drop table only IF a resource were to drop.

In other words, with an active resource booster am I now more like to get any resource and less likely to get avionics, or equally likely to get avionics as without a booster, but if an enemy should happen to drop a resource instead of avionics, its more likely to be a rare one.

If it messes with my avionic drop chance, any way to get rid of an unwanted resource drop chance booster awarded from sortie or should I just take a 3 day vacation from Railjack.

resource booster doubles what materials you get
rescource drop chance booster affects the rariety of items dropped pretty much anything that is non mods, like fish spawns an ore deposits.
mod drop chance booster affects the chance of mods dropping which affects avioncis mods for your railjack.

having a drop chance booster doesnt lower the drop chance of mods or items