Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Erra. Why?

(NSW)Riophilip

I expect you'll recognize me. I have already sent in numerous requests about the Paracesis' inexplicable requirements, Chimera and general things deemed unwise. At all requests, I was politely told the team would think about it, and asked to post in the forums. In which I only found straw men arguments, adn a very angry 17-year old boy. Now, Erra has been released. Respectfully, I ask to be educated as to why, first, the unexplained jump from MR 7 to MR 10 to get a single weapon, which I have certainly already proved I am worthy of getting, only to immediately use it to receive another blueprint, for another weapon, which has an even higher MR. 13. Even between this, I need a railjack. Honestly, have you seen the list? So first we jump from 7-10, and now 10-13. Frankly, Why? I'm here to request a more logical decision. Maybe 7,8 or 9. For both of them. If the purpose of this ludicrous MR requirement is to ensure I am "worthy" of the shedu, Note that I have already killed eidolon, the queens, gotten 100 ducats, grinded up to MR 9 and much, much, much more. This so-called "Mastery" Rank represents our ability to perform repetitive procedures. And, in the first place, why is this magnificent story locked behind a hideous pay/grind wall? It is the story! Please do not tell that this form of grinding is easy - that is completely subjective. It is objective, however, that the jump makes no sense, and possesses no other purpose that being an enormous thorn in the backside of any player who should dare not to spend hundreds of hours grinding. I hope you will take my perfectly logical proposition into serious account. Yes, I will post this in the forums. There is no need for an automated message. Simply the knowledge that you have realized this proposal that a great deal of others stand for as well. Good Luck with your future projects, and may these changes be made. (Decrease of Paracesis and Shedu MR requirements, and , if possible, of railjack requirements as well (25 Argon crystals? Why? Do you like the sound of players crying?))

As you can see, I sent the above to the support team. Surprise, surprise, I got an automated message in exchange for my effort.

Anyway, go ahead and drop your salt.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip
  • Like 2

Even once you get the shedu blueprint you have to be able to farm the parts which is not easy.

You are not at the level needed to be doing veil railjack missions.

Farm the rest of the game build your ship get it geared.  Get your shedu at mr 18 plus.

My fresher pc account is only mr 10 and i am not touching ediolons, umbra, or railjack yet.  It doesn't have the gear or resouces to do it.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 9

Kakurine2 you are absolutely right. That is the problem. We shouldn't be having to do MR grinding in the first place because it is here to make sure we are "ready". I could abuse spy missions for a year and now I'm "ready". The player has already done so much, and now we are asked to spend our time doing this?

• Like 1

MR7-10 is not the jump.

MR5 is the previous mastery lock-out in the story, for the War Within. Before that was an MR3 lock and before than an MR1. In other words, your MR7-10 grind is entirely personal to yourself. This is further indicated by the fact that in the 'standard' progression (i.e. how a new player will experience the game) Railjack acquisition comes long before even the War Within lock-out, acquired after the Second Dream. You are, in actuality, complaining about your ownprogression, not the progression of the game as a whole

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

MR7-10 is not the jump.

MR5 is the previous mastery lock-out in the story, for the War Within. Before that was an MR3 lock and before than an MR1. In other words, your MR7-10 grind is entirely personal to yourself. This is further indicated by the fact that in the 'standard' progression (i.e. how a new player will experience the game) Railjack acquisition comes long before even the War Within lock-out, acquired after the Second Dream. You are, in actuality, complaining about your ownprogression, not the progression of the game as a whole

So then you are saying that the jump is actually 5-10-13? Isn't that even worse? I don't see how anything you said is relevant. Remember, I'm not arguing that the grinding is too hard, that is completely subjective. I'm saying it shouldn't be there, and that it causes only problems, without any benefits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

So then you are saying that the jump is actually 5-10-13? Isn't that even worse? I don't see how anything you said is relevant. Remember, I'm not arguing that the grinding is too hard, that is completely subjective. I'm saying it shouldn't be there, and that it causes only problems, without any benefits.

There is a benefit. You have to explore all the game's content to progress, and thus DE can be confident you're getting an actual experience of the whole game rather than just progressing headfirst through one facet of it.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-08 at 8:14 AM, Loza03 said:

23 hours ago, Itsmez said:

I mean its lootershooter MMO, what did you excpect? 

Yeah, but when you do that looting and shooting, you do it to get stuff for a cool weapon, or frame, or even decoration. But not for the story. I'm saying that we shouldn't need grinding for the story. Players who grind should be rewarded, yes, but not with the story mode itself, don't you agree?

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Loza03 said:

There is a benefit. You have to explore all the game's content to progress, and thus DE can be confident you're getting an actual experience of the whole game rather than just progressing headfirst through one facet of it.

I just don't agree that weapons and frames really count as content. The maps, battles, story, etc. That is content. Content that I think shouldn't be behind a grind wall. I know the grinding isn't hard, but it is tedious, which may be even worse. I don't think we should be doing grinding to unlock a story mode.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip
  • Like 1

After being forced to go from MR 5 to 10, and now 10 to 13, I'm running out of options, of things to build and do. Do you all think there will eventually be a threshold for quest Mr that they won't go over? This is getting really tiring and turning Warframe from a fun looter shooting into a serious pain in the rear.

• Like 1

I have already sent in numerous requests about the Paracesis' inexplicable requirements, Chimera and general things deemed unwise. At all requests, I was politely told the team would think about it, and asked to post in the forums. In which I only found straw men arguments, adn a very angry 17-year old boy. Now, Erra has been released. Respectfully, I ask to be educated as to why, first, the unexplained jump from MR 7 to MR 10 to get a single weapon, which I have certainly already proved I am worthy of getting, only to immediately use it to receive another blueprint, for another weapon, which has an even higher MR. 13. Even between this, I need a railjack. Honestly, have you seen the list? So first we jump from 7-10, and now 10-13. Frankly, Why? I'm here to request a more logical decision. Maybe 7,8 or 9. For both of them. If the purpose of this ludicrous MR requirement is to ensure I am "worthy" of the shedu, Note that I have already killed eidolon, the queens, gotten 100 ducats, grinded up to MR 9 and much, much, much more. This so-called "Mastery" Rank represents our ability to perform repetitive procedures. And, in the first place, why is this magnificent story locked behind a hideous pay/grind wall? It is the story! Please do not tell that this form of grinding is easy - that is completely subjective. It is objective, however, that the jump makes no sense, and possesses no other purpose that being an enormous thorn in the backside of any player who should dare not to spend hundreds of hours grinding. I hope you will take my perfectly logical proposition into serious account. Yes, I will post this in the forums. There is no need for an automated message. Simply the knowledge that you have realized this proposal that a great deal of others stand for as well. Good Luck with your future projects, and may these changes be made. (Decrease of Paracesis and Shedu MR requirements, and , if possible, of railjack requirements as well (15 Argon crystals? Why? Do you like the sound of players crying?))

Sorry about 3 posts on the same topic at once - I had these collecting dust for a while and just figured out there was a specific feedback form.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

I am here to highlight what I believe to be a large problem with the Paracesis. Namely, its MR requirement. Much excitement is being built up for your upcoming quest The New War, however, there are some players who cannot enjoy it right away. The Paracesis has a MR requirement of 10, which I believe to be too high as it will clearly be necessary in the quest, I believe its requirement should be decreased. My argument for this is that certain players must tediously grind to reach this rank and that this takes a long time. I myself have the ability to fit in enough time to do this daily, but others are not so lucky. Being a story quest, it does not make sense that a player must put multiple hours into the game simply grinding,many they have already spent that time reaching this point. The previous quest, in which the blueprint for Paracesis is acquired, has only a MR requirement of 7. This sudden jump from 7 to 10 makes no sense. Of course, I completely understand your intentions with this barrier- to ensure a player is familiar enough with the game to progress, but you must remember, this player has just completed hours of other quests, has fought all major bosses, grinded for other things, fought rail guardians, empowered his operator, collected 1000 ducats, Cetus wisps, defeated the eidolon multiple times, has done all this and much more! Surely by now they are ready to progress, to play a simple quest! Of course, those who grind and put much work into the game should be rewarded! But not with the story! The story of warframe is magnificent! I shed tears at the beauty of The Second Dream! Why now should I be stopped from witnessing the grand finale of this epic adventure?! In conclusion, the Paracesis MR should be decreased to seven as this is what a player simply playing the story will have. This is because it makes no logical sense. 

Editing later, I'd like to bring up the Shedu as well. It is simply the paracesis all over again. Exect, 10 may be annoying, but 13 is just ridiculous. Why did I bother getting to MR 10 just to turn around, play a 15-minute quest and then have to get to 13?

Sorry about 3 posts on the same topic at once - I had these collecting dust for a while and just figured out there was a specific feedback form.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip
  • Like 1

As quests such as Chimera and Erra continually require us to gain increased MR, which becomes harder with every step, I'd like to ask if there is a threshold that you will not pass when it comes to quests. For example, "no quest or item received from one will require a higher MR than 13". Or, at least if it is planned? This has taken warframe from fun looter-shooter to excessive pain in the rear.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Going to make another thread on this? Hopefully not.

4 is enough, don't you think?

I actually had these sitting around for a while and finally figured out that there is a specific feedback place, so I posted them all at once. If you won't answer the question, don't bother replying.

• Like 1

Wait what? What do you need anything greater than MR5 for? MR5 is needed to clear the star chart there's not really much content (if any) locked behind MR6+ other than weapons and rivens as far as I recall.

That said, MR28 is currently the cap and you're barely a fifth of the way there. MR13 is 21.56% of the way to MR28 in terms of mastery rank points which is more or less directly proportional to number of weapons/warframes to max (where a warframe/archwing/companion counts as two 'weapons' in terms of MR earned for ranking up). For every weapon/frame you've maxxed you've got another 4 to go! That's content, baby!

Running hydron a million times to level gear is hardly content, though. Have you done sorties? Have you cleared the star chart for arbitrations? Have you taken down the Terry with a group? Solo? What about exploiter orb and profit-taker? Have you started looking at the augment mods from syndicates to mix up how you play some frames? Do you like speedrunning spy vaults like I do? What about opening relics for prime parts? Do you have the corrupted warframe mods? How's your index play? Do you have a kitgun or built amps? Have you got any focus lenses? Lua lenses?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Wait what? What do you need anything greater than MR5 for? MR5 is needed to clear the star chart there's not really much content (if any) locked behind MR6+ other than weapons and rivens as far as I recall.

That said, MR28 is currently the cap and you're barely a fifth of the way there. MR13 is 21.56% of the way to MR28 in terms of mastery rank points which is more or less directly proportional to number of weapons/warframes to max (where a warframe/archwing/companion counts as two 'weapons' in terms of MR earned for ranking up). For every weapon/frame you've maxxed you've got another 4 to go! That's content, baby!

Running hydron a million times to level gear is hardly content, though. Have you done sorties? Have you cleared the star chart for arbitrations? Have you taken down the Terry with a group? Solo? What about exploiter orb and profit-taker? Have you started looking at the augment mods from syndicates to mix up how you play some frames? Do you like speedrunning spy vaults like I do? What about opening relics for prime parts? Do you have the corrupted warframe mods? How's your index play? Do you have a kitgun or built amps? Have you got any focus lenses? Lua lenses?

Yup. That content should require some grinding, I guess. But not the story.

As for pretty much everything you said...

Yes.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip
  • Like 1

Just now, (NSW)Quarky said:

What part of the story do you need MR13 for at the moment? What did you need MR10 for?

MR 10 was to build Paracesis, which was needed to play Erra, which rewards a MR 13, which will be necessary in "The New War" (the only point im still playing this game)

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I have already sent in numerous requests about the Paracesis' inexplicable requirements, Chimera and general things deemed unwise. At all requests, I was politely told the team would think about it, and asked to post in the forums. In which I only found straw men arguments, adn a very angry 17-year old boy. Now, Erra has been released. Respectfully, I ask to be educated as to why, first, the unexplained jump from MR 7 to MR 10 to get a single weapon, which I have certainly already proved I am worthy of getting, only to immediately use it to receive another blueprint, for another weapon, which has an even higher MR. 13. Even between this, I need a railjack. Honestly, have you seen the list? So first we jump from 7-10, and now 10-13. Frankly, Why? I'm here to request a more logical decision. Maybe 7,8 or 9. For both of them. If the purpose of this ludicrous MR requirement is to ensure I am "worthy" of the shedu, Note that I have already killed eidolon, the queens, gotten 100 ducats, grinded up to MR 9 and much, much, much more. This so-called "Mastery" Rank represents our ability to perform repetitive procedures. And, in the first place, why is this magnificent story locked behind a hideous pay/grind wall? It is the story! Please do not tell that this form of grinding is easy - that is completely subjective. It is objective, however, that the jump makes no sense, and possesses no other purpose that being an enormous thorn in the backside of any player who should dare not to spend hundreds of hours grinding. I hope you will take my perfectly logical proposition into serious account. Yes, I will post this in the forums. There is no need for an automated message. Simply the knowledge that you have realized this proposal that a great deal of others stand for as well. Good Luck with your future projects, and may these changes be made. (Decrease of Paracesis and Shedu MR requirements, and , if possible, of railjack requirements as well (15 Argon crystals? Why? Do you like the sound of players crying?))

1 - It's not pay wall, it's justa  grind wall, a lenghty one? Yes. (ws way worse without Nightwave) But It's not impossible. Locking stuff behind Mastery rank is a way to make it significnt and to ensure that player has the capable skills AND gear to do X content (sure, most o the content can be breezed through, but you get the idea).

2 - Railjack requirements are more than fine, it is supposed to be a expansive becasue it's A #*!%ING SHIP that you are building. And farming 15 Argon Crystals is not that hard, people overdramatize this.

3 - Warframe is a game that requires your time and patience to play, if you don't have neither of those, well that's not the game for you I'm sorry.

If you are having a hard time with the grind, why not ask for someone's help in your clan?

hace 2 minutos, (NSW)Riophilip dijo:

MR 10 was to build Paracesis, which was needed to play Erra, which rewards a MR 13, which will be necessary in "The New War" (the only point im still playing this game)

Sounds like you are rushing,  you should take a look at the codex and try to get the gear that picks your curiosity, leveling is less boring if you are enjoying the gear, oh and btw i am rank 20 and have only crafted 1 prime warframe and 3 prime weapons lol