Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Preparing to fight high level sentients

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Question

With the sentient on the way, I've been looking for a good sentient killing set up. I'd like to efficiently dispose of level 100-150+ sentients. As it stands, things that one-shot everything else in the game only irritate big level symbolysts and things. 

Mag Seemed promising with the the right, well rivened shotguns. Got one-shotted with mostly survivability mods. 

Valkyr Can take them down with certain setups. Unfortunately eternal war doesn't seem feasible with small enemy counts. 

Damage frames Frames that just multiply damage are either not dependable, inefficient, or just not survivable. At least so far in testing. 

Limbo I refuse.

Ivara Is capable, but takes too long to kill with most things. 

Those are my results so far. I've only been experimenting for a small amount of hours against sentients in particular. If you know how to slap these things without sacrificing survivability at high level, I'd like to hear (read) from you. 

other than using operator....which is usually my go to unless I'm running a 'sentient killing weapon'

• excalibur umbra....the obvious choice considering the kit is designed for sentients
  • skiajati + tank
  • paracesis + tank
  • umbra modded frame/melee/exalted weapons

I also wouldn't be shocked to see another frame, operator skill(s), mod (s), weapon or something drop with or just before we fight sentients....

wihchever sort of Damage Multiplying Ability you like, and a Spike Damage sort of Gun that you like. remember that Corrosive Damage is pretty crucial. for very high Level Sentients(like higher than we see in Railjack Zone 3), a couple Corrosive Projections doesn't hurt(don't remove all of their Armor >.>).
dunk on those Sentients before they can Resist anything.

to not sacrifice any Survivability, the answer is... just Multiplayer. you can't attack while you're definitely safe, so the solution is to have someone else apply Healing/DR to another Player while they DELET Sentients through their Adaptation.
as the Grenade Ability and Disco Laser Ability are pretty Binary in protecting yourself against them - you'll either be fully protected against those attacks and not Kill Sentients before they Adapt, or you [won't and you] will.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Limbo I refuse.

Whilst I respect your decision, Limbo is a pretty damn good Sentient-killer. He's not the fastest, but against large swarms and with the right loadout, he's definitely one of the safer and more consistent ones.

Personally though? Operator with Magus Lockdown and a rapid-fire amp does the trick really well. They adapt to the puncture damage, yes, but a fast enough reset will un-do that. At least at Sentient Ship levels, it's an effective strategy.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

other than using operator....which is usually my go to unless I'm running a 'sentient killing weapon'

• excalibur umbra....the obvious choice considering the kit is designed for sentients
  • skiajati + tank
  • paracesis + tank
  • umbra modded frame/melee/exalted weapons

I also wouldn't be shocked to see another frame, operator skill(s), mod (s), weapon or something drop with or just before we fight sentients....

Those seem to fall short over level 100. Don't know what I'm missing if not.

2 hours ago, Srovy said:

Magus lockdown, void dash a few times then shoot with a 7xx or a 6xx, rinse and repeat

I'll look into this. 

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

wihchever sort of Damage Multiplying Ability you like, and a Spike Damage sort of Gun that you like. remember that Corrosive Damage is pretty crucial. for very high Level Sentients(like higher than we see in Railjack Zone 3), a couple Corrosive Projections doesn't hurt(don't remove all of their Armor >.>).
dunk on those Sentients before they can Resist anything.

to not sacrifice any Survivability, the answer is... just Multiplayer. you can't attack while you're definitely safe, so the solution is to have someone else apply Healing/DR to another Player while they DELET Sentients through their Adaptation.
as the Grenade Ability and Disco Laser Ability are pretty Binary in protecting yourself against them - you'll either be fully protected against those attacks and not Kill Sentients before they Adapt, or you [won't and you] will.

While I Agree on corrosive and having to deal damage - I like to be able to to things without depending others too much. 

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

So why are you asking for optimal methods to fight the sentients if you refuse said optimal methods?

Out of over 40 warframes and hundreds of weapons, i refuse to use only 1. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Whilst I respect your decision, Limbo is a pretty damn good Sentient-killer. He's not the fastest, but against large swarms and with the right loadout, he's definitely one of the safer and more consistent ones.

Personally though? Operator with Magus Lockdown and a rapid-fire amp does the trick really well. They adapt to the puncture damage, yes, but a fast enough reset will un-do that. At least at Sentient Ship levels, it's an effective strategy.

Ram ranch is under siege. UNDER LOCK DOWN!

55 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I run frames like Rhino or Chroma for that. Big damage and big eHP.

They do big damage, but not enough for me.

As of right now, valkyr and heavy attack melee set up seems to work best out of most of these things. Big chunk damage around level 100+. I'll be looking into involving lockdown since I can just get hp from life strike as its the primary form of attack anyway. Redeemer prime has been pretty good, but arca triton might be pretty good - but lacks the multishot. We'll see. Thanks for your responses, guys. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

While I Agree on corrosive and having to deal damage - I like to be able to to things without depending others too much. 

use Zenurik Slow to make them less likely to Kill you then - or Lockdown (or both).

then you'll have more time to DELET them and Grenade/Disco Laser will be less of a concern.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Ivara Is capable, but takes too long to kill with most things. 

That's only if you gimp her power strength.  With Power strength at 100% or higher, merc'ing the Sentients is just a matter of Sleep Arrow to stop them from moving and then Artemis Bow to the center mass.  I've used this very method to take out multiple Sentients without even needing to reset their Adaptation resistance.  

I just use Atlas I Ore Gaze them, then hit them with my weapons. Plus side bonus of turning them to stone is they are automatically scanned into my codex with another bonus of they might drop extra stuff with my 47% to 87% drop rate depending on config.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

If you know how to slap these things without sacrificing survivability at high level, I'd like to hear (read) from you. 

Just level your paracesis to rank 40, it deals extra damage to sentients and remove their resistance. Heavy attack on sentients with this gift slaps the soul out of them. You could pretty much use any frame you want.

It's also a decent slash weapon against other factions, could handle lv150+ with ease, though gram prime is better.

Grab a r0 magus lockdown and you have a 4 sec CC ignoring all immunity.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Just level your paracesis to rank 40, it deals extra damage to sentients and remove their resistance. Heavy attack on sentients with this gift slaps the soul out of them. You could pretty much use any frame you want.

It's also a decent slash weapon against other factions, could handle lv150+ with ease, though gram prime is better.

Grab a r0 magus lockdown and you have a 4 sec CC ignoring all immunity.

that's my approach too. sometimes annoying if they fly a bit and you can't reach them with the melee in which case I pop them with the Opticor Vandal or a sniper rifle or the tombfinger or the Shedu or well pretty much any high dps weapon.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

If you know how to slap these things...

I would rather slap Erra's bottom and leave the mission not solo farming sentients now.
There are many ways to deal with those sponges in solo but none of them is enjoyable for me.
Nor do they give anything useful but a vague hope.
I am, a filthy casual 😄

8 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

...without sacrificing survivability at high level

I have completed The Sacrifice, I know for sure that it's impossible to obtain anything powerful without.... The Sacrifice.
Such as Warframes sacrifice their offensive power for defensive power and vice versa.

Edited by blimsoon
fix

3 minutes ago, blimsoon said:

I would rather slap Erra's bottom and leave the mission not solo farming sentients now.
There are many ways to deal with those sponges in solo but none of them is enjoyable for me.
I am, a filthy casual 😄

I have completed The Sacrifice, I know for sure that it's impossible to obtain anything powerful without.... The Sacrifice.
Such as Warframes sacrifice their offensive power for defensive power and vice versa.

hol up, you quoted the wrong person. Try to crop the quote without messing it up.

• Like 1

UPDATE

After further testing, I've found ember to be the best so far. She can survive and strip armor AND buff a an additional damage type. I find that she can dispose of 135 sentients in practical manor. I'll run her through the anomoly just to be sure, but that's only level 80 compared to the higher level I'm testing at. Rivened rubico and galatine primes seem to suffice. I'll be running through more weapons to see if I can find a meta for use with ember. 

Mag with tigris prime did wild damage, but she just can't survive for me. 

Nyx was promising too, but 

1 hour ago, blimsoon said:

Aka umbral mods. Because the other "sentient killing" gear can't armor strip of % damage reduction. It's all about spanking these things with allot of damage at once before they can adapt or to simply out power the adaptation. That's where weapons like rubico and pick your heavy blade come in. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

that's my approach too. sometimes annoying if they fly a bit and you can't reach them with the melee in which case I pop them with the Opticor Vandal or a sniper rifle or the tombfinger or the Shedu or well pretty much any high dps weapon.

So why is it that when I try to use paracesis on these guy's they take so many hits? My galatine seems much more effective. I've also tried every move and gotten no removal of the adaptations. Could you explain that bit. I must be missing something. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

So why is it that when I try to use paracesis on these guy's they take so many hits? My galatine seems much more effective. I've also tried every move and gotten no removal of the adaptations. Could you explain that bit. I must be missing something. 

Is your paracesis rank40? Because the damage addition starts from rank31+, up to +60% damage at rank40. While the resistance removal is only available when paracesis is exactly at rank40, not even rank39.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I don't know - have you put the requisite and wasteful 5 forma on it?

I just run corrosive + some berserker to make up for its slow attack, sac steel, ppp, b.rush  etc - I didn't even think that much about the build just using whatever I had on from way back when it was released and brought it to the anamoly  & veil and it does fine.

Which doesnt kill you makes you stronger - well those sentients only kill stupidity not agility, they are slow as feck

Magus Anomaly plus Magus Lockdown plus Virtuos Trojan (definitely not maxed) for the viral proc in spoiler form, hvy hit one time with your melee scythe and crumble they will...

if u want to use Paracesis mod accordingly , the same goes for the Pennant. give it some attack speed or the joke is on you.

10 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Is your paracesis rank40? Because the damage addition starts from rank31+, up to +60% damage at rank40. While the resistance removal is only available when paracesis is exactly at rank40, not even rank39.

Ah, there it is. I didn't realize that there was additional damage as well. thnx.

• Like 1

I'd say Loki for the sake of being invisivulnerable, just go with duration, hushed invisibility and some endurance, then just wave whatever around. 

Most if not all weapons I use are rivened, so asking you to use the Veldt, for instance, would be bad advice! I like using the Nukor followed by some high damage or high rate of fire weapon, just because of the damage boost the Nukor gives. Its vulnerability debuff works on EVERYTHING, Stalker, Tridolon, the Orbs in the Vallis, Sentients... 

I need to check and see if Ash's 3 still works on them. If it does, I understand why they debuffed Covert Lethality, as that makes things more trivial than Loki ever could. 

I normally run Zephyr with a latron prime, Azima, and Dual ichor. 

Zephyr is my favorite tank warframe, plus her tornadoes do both DPS and CC. Latron because I like semi auto weapons and so far it performs similarly to my Stradavar prime. Azima because the secondary fire takes out the reactor in one shot. Usually resulting in me teleporting back onboard the Railjack the second the Crew Ship's reactor goes critical. And dual ichor for critical spam. 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

1 hour ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

invisivulnerable

Invisibilty does NOT equal invulnerability.  I wish people would stop saying things like this as it gives other players the wrong impression of what Invisibility does.  I've rez'd too many Loki players who thought this.  

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Invisibilty does NOT equal invulnerability.  I wish people would stop saying things like this as it gives other players the wrong impression of what Invisibility does.  I've rez'd too many Loki players who thought this.  

Too true, rolling guard or just paying attention to surroundings works when dealing with the second (counting latency) of visibility. 

20 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Too true, rolling guard or just paying attention to surroundings works when dealing with the second (counting latency) of visibility. 

Have seen quite a sum of loki getting killed by toxic gas in corpus tileset.

But it's situational. For sentients, invisibility is useful to stay alive as they won't target Loki. The downside is that the sentients would fly so high and around if there is no target.  Loki also has a low base health. If a few sentients decided to go AoE lasers, Loki would be screwed unless transferring into operator.

Edited by SHArK-FiN