Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain why this will be useless in railjack?

(NSW)Katsuro

Just now, taiiat said:

Sigma Parts aren't necessarily useless, it's more that there are further upgrades to get when you play the Railjack Missions. but the Clantech Parts are cheap and instant to Craft, so they're good starter gear.

then simply scarp every part that isnt as good as sigma parts until you find a good one or leave it as a optional pursuit like rivens I guess.

The only Sigma Mk3 parts that are completely useless are the engines, but only because they're bugged and don't increase Engine Speed as they should.

Aside from that? I equipped my entire ship with Sigma Mark3 parts and never heard any complaints even in Veil missions. Are they the best? No. Will they allow you to grind the content to get the best parts? Absolutely. They were never intended to be more than a stepping stone, and they serve that purpose.

• Like 4

they are not useless, but it will take 9 days or more to research them on your dojo when you guys get the update (3 days for mk1, other 3 days for mk2 and 3 days for mk3),  you will need to use the base sigma for a while till you get enough mats to craft some mk1 or mk2 or mk3 that you get on a mission, depends on how far and fast you want to go without upgrading the ship on the first week of release

The sigma mk iii parts are not useless (except the bugged engine) and are good enough to run veil with. If you want to make them they are good cheap placeholders to use until you get an RNG part that you want. 

Edited by LazyKnight
  • Like 1

They're not useless, it's just that people tend to have the attitude of "If it doesn't have the best stats, then it sucks and I don't want it!".

Even though I started RJ missions on day 1 and the MK-III parts take time to research, I ended up building them prior to Veil loot.

• Like 3

Why even bother with sigma stuff when you can easily pub veil and just leech/farm MK3 stuff there. Only sigma mk3 reactor is worth crafting cause the rng for vidar reactor is stupid and its better than best zetki one. You get tons of mk3 from farming veil.

Sigma parts requires way too much resources that you will desperately need later for actually good stuff. Everything costs a ton of Titanium, when MKII parts of other houses don't. Of course, the RNG part will most likely prevent you from even getting a decent mark II before you upgrade to MKIII, but that is because DE has no common sense at all.