Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a way to disable the obnoxious muzzle flash on Prime weapons

Periselene

It's really distracting with rapid fire, cannot be reduced in way way through video settings that I know of, ignores weapon skin selection, and can't be colored darker.

I have only encountered this issue since around  The Old Blood and later, as I first noticed it when testing Melee 3.0 changes after reinstalling the game.

0tcvvmZ.jpg

Edited by Periselene

1 minute ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

None of my primes have a muzzle flash that looks like that. Not Tiberon, Sybaris, AkLex, Vasto, nothing. All I can say is try changing the energy/emissive colours.

you are correct, the muzzle flash colours for all weapons are decided by the energy colour. the fact he is calling it obnoxious means he is calling his own colour choices bad

FWIW:

-Have a similar lens flare problem.
-Reset graphics to "low" preset*. Lens flares disappeared off Lex.
-Restarted. Lens flares reappeared on Lex. Settings (in the menu) had not changed.

Confirmed with Vasto, though Sybaris and Braton seemed to keep away from the lens flares just fine during brief testing.

*Of note is that half the time I would try to switch to the "low" preset, it would flip the actual settings around (but still show as being set to "low", e.g. despite being on low, dynamic lighting would be enabled) and would only stick to the actual "low" settings if I set it to custom and back to low. It's possible there's some other behind-the-scenes reverts happening even further down that's causing the lens flare fun. Very probably a bug, in short.

19 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I have never seen this. Can you list the prime weapons you have and screenshot your graphic settings? 

I have every Prime except for maybe a few secondaries.  This happens on everything I tried- Boltor, Soma, Latron, Bronco, Baza, Vasto, Akstilleto... etc but interestingly not on Burston.

After I looked at my settings, I noticed Glare was turned on (sadly it does not change the issue) when I have explicitly turned it off twice this week. Seems to be some issues retaining settings between sessions, unless alt+f4'ing from Orbiter is the reason for that.

RXUZlUL.png

Edited by Periselene

1 hour ago, Periselene said:

I have every Prime except for maybe a few secondaries.  This happens on everything I tried- Boltor, Soma, Latron, Bronco, Baza, Vasto, Akstilleto... etc but interestingly not on Burston.

After I looked at my settings, I noticed Glare was turned on (sadly it does not change the issue) when I have explicitly turned it off twice this week. Seems to be some issues retaining settings between sessions, unless alt+f4'ing from Orbiter is the reason for that.

RXUZlUL.png

So I compared our settings, snagged vasto prime and headed to europa (the tileset you are on in the image) It appears that the extreme muzzle flash is caused by High Dynamic Range. With high dynamic range enabled the entire bun muzzle and bullets flash, without it only the bullets flash.

It appears that the extreme muzzle flash is caused by High Dynamic Range. With high dynamic range enabled the entire bun muzzle and bullets flash, without it only the bullets flash.

You know I shouldn't be surprised, Steve has been consolidating features into unrelated options for years, such as forcing you to keep HDR on to avoid color banding since a graphics pass in 2017. That is incredibly stupid but sadly does not fix my case, I still have the muzzle flashes with HDR off

Edited by Periselene