Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck at checking for updates

Kepler91f

Question

When i open the launcher.. since yesterday my warframe was showing a problem like in every 10 seconds.. there was a red text saying network not responding and then it vanished and appeared again after 10 seconds... it kept happening. When i exit the game and opened it, the launcher was stuck at checking for updates. I reinstalled the game and downloaded the game through steam, still it was stuck at checking for updates but after like a long time i kept the launcher open and then i saw that it was written that downloading update but i saw no bar and the update was stuck at 11 MB.. Right now i dont see downloading update but it leads me to this page where it says, server are unavailable.. Internet_TImeout_error

Right now.. i just uninstalled the game from steam and now trying to download from the website but i can't download the installer from the website too.. this is what comes RnfBPg5.png

i have already downloaded the Installer when i downloaded the game for the first time but when i open the installer, a window comes and says checking required information and then disappears and nothing happens then.

It totally feels like the game hates me lol bcs i cannot try any options.. not from the internet or the pc, this is the first time i have faced this kind of problem to be honest

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Kepler91f said:

When i open the launcher.. since yesterday my warframe was showing a problem like in every 10 seconds.. there was a red text saying network not responding and then it vanished and appeared again after 10 seconds... it kept happening. When i exit the game and opened it, the launcher was stuck at checking for updates. I reinstalled the game and downloaded the game through steam, still it was stuck at checking for updates but after like a long time i kept the launcher open and then i saw that it was written that downloading update but i saw no bar and the update was stuck at 11 MB.. Right now i dont see downloading update but it leads me to this page where it says, server are unavailable.. Internet_TImeout_error

Right now.. i just uninstalled the game from steam and now trying to download from the website but i can't download the installer from the website too.. this is what comes RnfBPg5.png

i have already downloaded the Installer when i downloaded the game for the first time but when i open the installer, a window comes and says checking required information and then disappears and nothing happens then.

It totally feels like the game hates me lol bcs i cannot try any options.. not from the internet or the pc, this is the first time i have faced this kind of problem to be honest

This may be the DDOS protection the game uses. Go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your address. Now power off your modem/router until that site shows a different IP address and that may work. I know the patch servers are covered by the DDOS protection but I'm not sure about the content.warframe.com bit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shalath said:

This may be the DDOS protection the game uses. Go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your address. Now power off your modem/router until that site shows a different IP address and that may work. I know the patch servers are covered by the DDOS protection but I'm not sure about the content.warframe.com bit.

I contacted my ISP and this is what he said

'Dear Customer,

With reference to your email, this is to inform you that as per observation your link is up and connected with threshold power level. Further we would like to update you that Stormfiber [Name of the company] doesn't own this Warframe.com platform and the owner of this platform restrict you to download from their end so you can contact domain provider to resolve your issue'

36 minutes ago, Kepler91f said:

I contacted my ISP and this is what he said

'Dear Customer,

With reference to your email, this is to inform you that as per observation your link is up and connected with threshold power level. Further we would like to update you that Stormfiber [Name of the company] doesn't own this Warframe.com platform and the owner of this platform restrict you to download from their end so you can contact domain provider to resolve your issue'

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you're from South Asia as well? 😛 

Coz if so, then yeah this is typically something that happens every once in a while during the year with WF servers on our end. Just gotta wait it out is what I'd say, or as some folks tend to suggest: Try a VPN. (personally I believe that option defeats the whole purpose of fixing the innate problem)

5 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Don't wait at all and:

11 hours ago, Gashryo said:

Try a VPN. (personally I believe that option defeats the whole purpose of fixing the innate problem)

>.>

Really though, why a VPN for just this game and why does it happen at all? Its been years now already 😕

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Don't wait at all and:

36 minutes ago, Gashryo said:

>.>

Really though, why a VPN for just this game and why does it happen at all? Its been years now already 😕

Any free vpn u guys can tell me about which will help me play the damn game...