Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Bonus in Railjack

WhiteyTighties

Stealth Bonus, don't change this until you can fix Railjack 90% and up there is no reason to nerf what we do with Stealth kills in Railjack , as of right now there is so many problems with Railjack mechanics and how you get intrinsics the Stealth kills is the only real way as of right now to even farm intrinsics and not make it a job and spend HOURS AND HOURS just to get 1 little level up . take some time to fix Railjack before doing anything with the Stealth Bonus so we can have  at least have a way to really farm intrinsics without making it a job to get it.

well, i'm expecting that the stealth nerf that we received on meele 3.0 was unintentional, since only stealth finishers can benefit from it, unlike before that only needed for the enemy to be unaware, which denies any primary and secondary weapon to earn said affinity bonus

I've abused this stealth farm myself and I'm setting at 6/8/8/8 thanks to it, but I think it will be nerfed because I don't think DE are happy with a progression method that involves aborting missions because it's not efficient.

They may make it so you only keep the intrinsics you get in mission if you actually complete it, and lose it all if you abort.

Edited by Jarriaga

I got to 8988 without the stealth farm then I did lvl 10 piloting with the stealth farm, which I was mostly just doing this till I got pennet/quellor once i got  those back the gian point to try for a 90+ reactor.  The upper lvl intrinsics are not even very good really the best stuff is on the lower lvls past the archwing buffs there isn't much that is good/or even works right.  If I get a 90+ reactor before I get all 10's and the stealth thing is still around I might go back to it to finish up but if its gone it won't matter much unless they suddenly make the lvl 10 stuff actually good, which could happen.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Or they could finally delete Stealth and replace it with something cool that doesn't trivialize content. Maybe Ash and Loki will be able to do something useful beyond hiding. I used to go full power strength with Ash and not even use stealth because it's boring and anti-fashion frame but now he's complete traumatic garbage with forced Synergy with his 2 and worse range/dmg/QoL. Loki used to be able to stealth affinity farm but they basically deleted it from the game and then designed a warframe, Ivara, specifically designed to counter their own nerf which makes no sense.

Spy missions are also anti-co-op and force solo play and negativity between Tennos so I wouldn't mind those removed or reworked to promote non-invisibility stealth rework.

Spoiler

lokihmm.png hue

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Pff oh please we know they're gonna nerf that S#&$ out of it, its inevitable and it just shows how out of touch de is with their community. 

Why should players get experience for their railjack when they are killing ground units with stealth? It is almost a certainty that DE will alter this somehow.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

Why should players get experience for their railjack when they are killing ground units with stealth? It is almost a certainty that DE will alter this somehow.

They were asking for it by tieing it to affinity. Players are just using the same broken system that has existed for years which DE purposely made possible with their Ivara design. As long as it's not Loki or Ash doing it they're happy.

You know what else is tied to affinity? Dying 4 times in a mission to bugs during ship boarding where you fall through floor and die to a crewship in 1 hit or upon entering slingshot. RIP earned affinity.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

38 minutes ago, Lord_Babadook said:

until you can fix Railjack 90% and up there is no reason to nerf what we do with Stealth kills in Railjack , as of right now there is so many problems with Railjack mechanics and how you get intrinsics the Stealth kills is the only real way as of right now to even farm intrinsics and not make it a job and spend HOURS AND HOURS just to get 1 little level up . take some time to fix Railjack before doing anything with the Stealth Bonus so we can have  at least have a way to really farm intrinsics without making it a job to get it .

fear not most likely they not gonna nerft it
they gonna make so if u dont finish the mission with success ur not getting ANYTHING

It's to efficient, they'll nerf it don't worry. Remove it from railjack, fine but I worry more about them completely removing stealth affinity though. Especially considering stealth is the best way to level fodder since being solo we can't leech like all the co-op players do at Hydron and ESO. 

It's an oversight and abusive mechanic. Of course, it will be fixed. Gee, I love this vocal part of the community throwing "nerf!1!" tantrums left and right without even thinking through.

28 minutes ago, Lord_Babadook said:

only real way as of right now to even farm intrinsics and not make it a job and spend HOURS AND HOURS just to get 1 little level up

8 / 4 / 5 / 7

About 100 more points to get Tac9. Already got my Shedu and then some more by playing the damn game without using any exploits or stealth. Not making it my job or turning into a grind. Also, it's called progression for a reason. But at least 4x10 INT people can enjoy having nothing to do or work towards in the RJ mode for the next Nth months complaining about content drought and stuff.

1 minute ago, ZeroX4 said:

fear not most likely they not gonna nerft it
they gonna make so if u dont finish the mission with success ur not getting ANYTHING

If that is all they did people would still stealth farm. It would just be adjusted slightly and would take a tiny bit longer. Unless DE removes the stealth bonus it doesn't really make a difference.

• Like 1

Honestly, who cares? Stealth farming intrinsics is so short sighted when there are other grinds that exist within RJ that are the limiting factor. I will be 10/10/10/10 long before i get all the turrets, parts, and avionics i want. Not to mention the rank 10 intrinsics are hardly worth the investment cost.

If you want to farm intrinsics faster and not get parts/turrets/avionics go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

If that is all they did people would still stealth farm. It would just be adjusted slightly and would take a tiny bit longer. Unless DE removes the stealth bonus it doesn't really make a difference.

> DE: Releases Affinity system that doesn't scale off mission objectives and instead functions like Focus.

> Players: Farms Intrinsics just like Adaro Focus and concludes it's highly efficient.

> DE:

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

But seriously, DE needs to stop repeating problems and mistakes with each major update. Intrinsics are just Empyrean Focus with Mastery tied to it. It's nothing more than another Affinity system to grind through stealth leveling. DE could even be lazy by having missions completed grant a bonus of a hefty amount of Intrinsics like Eidolons have shards for Focus....

• Like 2

I mean there are some clear broken aspects of it (like getting stealth bonus for back attack finishers no matter what) but otherwise yeah not sure it should be removed entirely. It's too late to reverse the damages for the most part, and the grind is gross anyways and should just be balanced so there are other options on a similar scale of affinity gain and the stealth farm that don't require such a weirdly specific activity/method to pull off, for the sake of diversified play. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lord_Babadook:

until you can fix Railjack 90% and up there is no reason to nerf what we do with Stealth kills in Railjack , as of right now there is so many problems with Railjack mechanics and how you get intrinsics the Stealth kills is the only real way as of right now to even farm intrinsics and not make it a job and spend HOURS AND HOURS just to get 1 little level up . take some time to fix Railjack before doing anything with the Stealth Bonus so we can have  at least have a way to really farm intrinsics without making it a job to get it .

I would bet money on it that they will "adjust" it. Lately they become like Blizzard. Unitentional fun detected? Nerf it to da ground.

I really dont know why the hadnt implemented just a fixed value for each node, like 2 Intrinsics for the first to a max of 10 for the hardest on earth and start all over on Saturn with 12 and so on. So that you could get maybe 30 Intrinsics at the End of an Mission in Veil.

Edited by ValinorAtani

Things they could do:

• instrinsics not gained unless mission completed - sucks when 25% of missions need to be aborted due to game bugs
  • Intrinsics (affinity) for internal enemies (ie ground based troops) halved or quartered - or removed entirely from intrinsic calculation
  • break stealth multipliers even more than they already did with melee 3.0. Seriously - why can't we get stealth kills with primary and secondaries anymore? its been 2+months

things they should do IMHO

• increase affinity for space based combat/tasks
  • fix stealth so achievable for primary secondaries (i don't care if it counts toward intrinsics, just talking in general)

My best single intrinsic run was ~110 intrinsics (actual not the double counted report on mission summary screen we still have on console) - Flexa, Ivara - killed everything with stealth: [galleon crew, commander, objective crew, crewships crew], destroyed all the crewships & fighters (ie completed the mission).  Cat was proc'ing affinity most of the time and had an affinity doubler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Things they could do:

•  
  • Intrinsics (affinity) for internal enemies (ie ground based troops) halved or quartered - or removed entirely from intrinsic calculation
  •  

But there are enemies that board ship frequently.  This should count.  I haven't took advantage of this stealth once, honestly just didn't pay attention or care, but I gaurantee they fix this before any of the other game crippling bugs 

Just now, Educated_Beast said:

But there are enemies that board ship frequently.  This should count.  I haven't took advantage of this stealth once, honestly just didn't pay attention or care, but I gaurantee they fix this before any of the other game crippling bugs 

i'm not suggesting they do it, I was just throwing things out I could see them doing.  I agree dealing with boarders should count to intrinsics.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Elvenbane:

It's not fun though...it just skews frame choice and is another bad idea just like loot frames.

Sorry had to specify it better next Time. Blizzard nerfed a lot of fun things escpecially in WOW with toys you could use to have actually fun and not even harming somebody. Mostly they upped their Cooldown are restricted the area where they could be used etc.

1 minute ago, ValinorAtani said:

Sorry had to specify it better next Time. Blizzard nerfed a lot of fun things escpecially in WOW with toys you could use to have actually fun and not even harming somebody. Mostly they upped their Cooldown are restricted the area where they could be used etc.

ugh that reminds how many ways RJ ticks me off with various cooldowns: turret cooldowns, slow forward artillery, forge cooldowns, tactical cooldowns, blink cooldowns.  stamina bar (boost)….

and that's with 10/10/10/10 intrinsics.