Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Bonus in Railjack

WhiteyTighties

Anything past 7 or 8 in any of them isn't that useful.

I would be 10 all if i didnt have to do other things the days my friends are off work to actually play. 10-15 min solo veil without void hole and 5-7 with if your squad isn't S#&$ makes intrinsics pretty damn easy to farm without stealth.

bd7e799f2e.png

1 hour ago, Thundervision said:

It's an oversight and abusive mechanic. Of course, it will be fixed. Gee, I love this vocal part of the community throwing "nerf!1!" tantrums left and right without even thinking through.

8 / 4 / 5 / 7

About 100 more points to get Tac9. Already got my Shedu and then some more by playing the damn game without using any exploits or stealth. Not making it my job or turning into a grind. Also, it's called progression for a reason. But at least 4x10 INT people can enjoy having nothing to do or work towards in the RJ mode for the next Nth months complaining about content drought and stuff.

Who cares what Intrinsics other players have? You don't see them anywhere and they benefit you without having to do anything. Are you just projecting your frustration?

• Like 1

Was anything by DE said about this or are you just further exposing the mechanic like people seem to do in this community: 

"Hey guys I found a questionable exploit, let's post it all over the forums! But please don't fix it by the way!"

By the way I'm not sure why people are freaking out in the first place. Stealth kills grant an affinity bonus. It's a part of the games mechanics.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

By the way I'm not sure why people are freaking out in the first place. Stealth kills grant an affinity bonus. It's a part of the games mechanics.

Stealth farming is few times more effective than playing the game mode normally. It is a rather significant difference and this is only going to end up as another viver Gate if DE does nothing.

• Like 1

Focus farming is incomparable harder to do if you want to max everything, yet people seem to be ok with it.

It's amazing what a bit of MR does to players that only care about that. I wonder what panic we would have seen if DE made Focus count towards MR.

Doing stealth "space Adaro" quit farming is way too boring and not needed. If you're doing this, I'd have to assume that you must really hate present and future Railjack content and never plan to touch it, as you're missing out on a ton of stuff you get by actually playing Railjack missions, and instead choosing to do a repetitive and boring activity all over.. and over.. and over.. for the sole purpose of getting MR.

It's nuts.

Edited by Vit0Corleone

1 hour ago, Thundervision said:

It's an oversight and abusive mechanic. Of course, it will be fixed. Gee, I love this vocal part of the community throwing "nerf!1!" tantrums left and right without even thinking through.

8 / 4 / 5 / 7

About 100 more points to get Tac9. Already got my Shedu and then some more by playing the damn game without using any exploits or stealth. Not making it my job or turning into a grind. Also, it's called progression for a reason. But at least 4x10 INT people can enjoy having nothing to do or work towards in the RJ mode for the next Nth months complaining about content drought and stuff.

i do the stealth killing stuff, but i dont like doing the abort mission thing cuz actually is no efficient, its better to do normal missions and let the ships/bases board you, plus i get loot on the side and my game doesnt break from constant aborting the mission

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Focus farming is incomparable harder to do if you want to max everything, yet people seem to be ok with it.

It's amazing what a bit of MR does to players that only care about that. I wonder what panic we would have seen if DE made Focus count towards MR.

Doing stealth "space Adaro" farming is way too boring and not needed. If you're doing this, I'd have to assume that you must really hate present and future Railjack content and never plan to touch it, as you're missing out on a ton of stuff you get by actually playing Railjack missions, and instead choosing to do a repetitive and boring activity all over.. and over.. and over.. for the sole purpose of getting MR.

It's nuts.

To be fair, grinding Intrinsics without an affinity booster is brutal. Considering you only get like 2-5 Intrinsic points per mission without one, and you need ~5,100 total, can you blame players for shortening the grind?

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I can, when the sole purpose is to get MR, which is meaningless ( to me that is ).

I think it's nuts and a waste of time, but hey to each their own.

MR is not meaningless as it provides several QoL features, like increased daily cap limits, additional loadout slots, more mod capacity, etc. Sure, you don't need any of these things to play Warframe, but it would be akin to not installing Reactors or Catlysts in your frames/weapons. At some point having them just makes playing the game easier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

MR is not meaningless as it provides several QoL features, like increased daily cap limits, additional loadout slots, more mod capacity, etc. Sure, you don't need any of these things to play Warframe, but it would be akin to not installing Reactors or Catlysts in your frames/weapons. At some point having them just makes playing the game easier.

That is some off the charts comparison right there.

Sure, being MR 10 or MR 30 makes a ton of a difference in the things you mention.

Being MR28 or "a little closer to" MR29 does not.

Comparing this to reactors and catalysts that basically double your capacity makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Flexa, Ivara - killed everything with stealth: [galleon crew, commander, objective crew, crewships crew], destroyed all the crewships & fighters (ie completed the mission)

You can minmax it by stealth killing the entire crew of 10-15 mobs for 5/6, blowing up the first 5 ships, then capturing the next 8 that spawn for a total of 13 crew ships worth of stealth kills (an extra 130 worth of 10k kills on top of the 60-90 that spawn in the galleon). Made just over 200 intrinsic levels in a ~1hr long mission doing the mission objectives, killing the fighters, and farming crewships. Chaining the crewships together so you don't lose your 500% bonus is near impossible (but certainly doable if youre more skilled than I am), 30 seconds is eaten up too quickly when exiting/entering each ship, even if they're all parked closely together.

21 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

That is some off the charts comparison right there.

Sure, being MR 10 or MR 30 makes a ton of a difference in the things you mention.

Being MR28 or "a little closer to" MR29 does not.

Comparing this to reactors and catalysts that basically double your capacity makes absolutely no sense.

Why? I get 28 mod capacity on every unranked weapon while an MR 14 gets half that. That's exactly like Reactors and Catlysts. The fact that I also get increased daily cap limits in a game that had almost a dozen of them means I can progress further in the same amount of time. When Prime Access is released I can refine more relics as I have a larger supply of void traces.

Sure, the difference between an MR 27 and 28 isn't significant, but if MR was meaningless you would stop way before reaching that rank, probably in the mid teens. And if you stopped there I would have close to double the benefits as previously listed.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It's not fun though...it just skews frame choice and is another bad idea just like loot frames.

I hadn't seen that the stealth farm was a thing but knew something was up when I kept getting into game with multiple Ivaras lol... also explains why guy was upset when I was slapping enemies around...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Pengu_Imperialus said:

I hadn't seen that the stealth farm was a thing but knew something was up when I kept getting into game with multiple Ivaras lol... also explains why guy was upset when I was slapping enemies around...

Meh. Public stealth missions are pointless since stealth affinity is not shared.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Public stealth missions are pointless since stealth affinity is not shared.

Not for greedy ivaras, they get all the stealth xp, plus whatever everyone else on the squad earns, and it takes a lot less time to get to the mission reward. Not that I'd do that, but I can understand why there are so many ivaras in pubs.

• Like 1

Nerf? there is no reason to do it, also I haven't heard of any possibility of that happening with the railjack galleon intrinsics farm. Intrinsics points are pretty much the same as Focus system, it turns affinity earned from actions or kills into intrinsics points. Stealth kill affinity multiplier is something that works inside and out of empyrean, so there is no motive to touch it at all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Nerf? there is no reason to do it, also I haven't heard of any possibility of that happening with the railjack galleon intrinsics farm. Intrinsics points are pretty much the same as Focus system, it turns affinity earned from actions or kills into intrinsics points. Stealth kill affinity multiplier is something that works inside and out of empyrean, so there is no motive to touch it at all.

The only motive I can see if when a player joins mission, runs to objective, stealth kills everyone, and leaves mission.  Then the team is down a person.  

That player then joins the next mission, completely ignoring railjack, ships, etc. to run to next missions.  They are not going after items or resources, just focused xp farm.  

I've only had it happen once.  Guy even left right after a pennant dropped.  I got my pennant so I really didn't care but was surprised he left it behind.  Now I see why.  Can easily get a few hundred intrisnics per hour with booster and smeeta like this.  

I tested it out in solo to see and it certainly is profitable.  I suppose if you have a strong ship you could do it in solo and not screw people over ...

• Like 2

Well with the growing case of players entering public Flexa runs and then clear everything on the galleon and then leaves leaving the host to suffer, a nerf is inevitable.

Geez, the community are very impatient and want everything earned ASAP. Intrinsics are not meant to be maxed out in a day besides everything past intrinsics 8 is not very practical in standard gameplay. There is no rush to max it out really.

They ALWAYS do nerfs first.  Every time.  They'll put a bandaid on a few things, fix some bugs, fix a bunch of stuff that THEY put in the game and then call it "unintended" because it wasn't grindy enough in the state that it was in, and they'll nerf the bejeezus out of anything that reduces player grind or is fun in a way that they didn't "intend" because that is what they have literally always done for the past several years.  I'm starting to think I'm beating my head against the wall by continuing to play this game.

They put some attractive Canadians on a live stream a few times a month to give political answers to legitimate questions, fixed a slot machine mechanic literally one time, several years ago, and they've been riding the wave of good will that generated ever since, despite putting in several more slot machines.  It honestly speaks volumes about the rest of the game industry that these are the "good" devs.

1 minute ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

They ALWAYS do nerfs first.  Every time.  They'll put a bandaid on a few things, fix some bugs, fix a bunch of stuff that THEY put in the game and then call it "unintended" because it wasn't grindy enough in the state that it was in, and they'll nerf the bejeezus out of anything that reduces player grind or is fun in a way that they didn't "intend" because that is what they have literally always done for the past several years.  I'm starting to think I'm beating my head against the wall by continuing to play this game.

They put some attractive Canadians on a live stream a few times a month to give political answers to legitimate questions, fixed a slot machine mechanic literally one time, several years ago, and they've been riding the wave of good will that generated ever since, despite putting in several more slot machines.  It honestly speaks volumes about the rest of the game industry that these are the "good" devs.

Bethesda, Blizzard, and Bioware used to be the good devs too. Things change over time. The nice things about being F2P is that it cost you nothing to take a break while they sort thing out.

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Bethesda, Blizzard, and Bioware used to be the good devs too. Things change over time. The nice things about being F2P is that it cost you nothing to take a break while they sort thing out.

Yeah, they're going to need to do a total 180 and start listening to their players if they ever want another dime from me.

3 hours ago, LazyKnight said:

Stealth farming is few times more effective than playing the game mode normally. It is a rather significant difference and this is only going to end up as another viver Gate if DE does nothing.

that is why they made ESO it was to kill the adaro stealth farm with out killing the ability to stealth farm EXP it still work but is not as worth it with the changes to trydolans and the addition of ESO (happened in back to back updates) granted it can still 0-30 a war frame in one mission but it takes 2 people (one good friend to help you level) if they are smart they will nerf the ease of stealth in those missions but at the same time make rail jack stuff more rewarding like say 1k EXP for killing a crew ship and better EXP sharing or nodes where the mission is easyier to do and therefor gives better exp (hydron VS hellen is an example)

57 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

The only motive I can see if when a player joins mission, runs to objective, stealth kills everyone, and leaves mission.  Then the team is down a person.  

That player then joins the next mission, completely ignoring railjack, ships, etc. to run to next missions.  They are not going after items or resources, just focused xp farm.  

I've only had it happen once.  Guy even left right after a pennant dropped.  I got my pennant so I really didn't care but was surprised he left it behind.  Now I see why.  Can easily get a few hundred intrisnics per hour with booster and smeeta like this.  

I tested it out in solo to see and it certainly is profitable.  I suppose if you have a strong ship you could do it in solo and not screw people over ...

Players who do stealth affinity farm for intrinsics do it solo, there is no reason to even join a random squad to do it.