Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Suggestion: Escape

Undefined

I was just wondering if there has been any suggestions about an Escape mission. I was thinking of maybe an infested boss chasing after you, and your mission is to parkour your way around the map, getting away from the boss. Also, at certain points of the mission, you will be able to activate some sort of cannon that paralyzes said boss for a few seconds. At this time, you and your team will be able to unleash your bullets/powers upon him.

Your thoughts?

I just read it and i think, its can be more cooler not as a mission type, its can be looks pretty awesome as an assasination of ifested boss for example.

Colleseum map with levitating blocks and a loot of parkour and obstacles.

We have like 4 platforms. Periodicaly boss use some kind of massive stomp, at this moment 3 of 4 platforms falling down, and start to regenerate energy. at this time, players falling on the ground filled with toxin/electricity/fire zones. At this rate they must reach that levitating platform with parkour skills, maybe even at this reat they must shot some objects (like in test of mastery rank 8) to activate sub platforms, get to that platform and damage boss.

-Even so, there is no need to stan on this platform, but boss can have a lot of hp, and platform can give you a buff that increase your dmg.

-We cand separate platform on 4 different pieces that gives 2 different buffs like increase weapon damage/ gives increased energy regen

Some rough thoughs, that came into my head

I also like the idea of an Escape mission type very much. Basically a mission type that is more focused on the Parkour jump and run system of the game and not the shooting.

The scenario could be that the Tenno are on a random capture mission and during the mission they get ambushed by a massive infested, Or the stalker pops up and brings along some of his buddies to hunt you down, or a giant killer robot, or the ship starts exploding and you have to our run the fire.

Like the OP mentioned it could be like a 2 Phase event first the escape where you run away from the “Hunter” at this time he is invincible and the second phase where you fight or if you run away from fire / water / acid /vacuum of space, you need to hack multiple terminals to open or close airlocks to further acvance or gain extra time to escape.

The Parkour runs get more difficult with higher map levels ofc. (Similar to the Mastery rank 8 challenge)

Another scenario could be that you are a Tenno that just woke up from you cryo sleep (without any weapons )and you need to escape the Capitain Vor who just discovered your pod, or you were captured prisoner by the Corpus for experimentation and held in a prison underneath the earth with no weapons and you try to bust out (escape upward).

This could get really interesting if and when the DE implement the grapplinghook

Only issue I see here is that it would be a succeed or die mission, if you get Caught fail the Parkour there would be no chance of revival. This could be frustrating for some players. I personally like the idea of only having one chance / life to do it right, it brings a bit more excitement to the game and it would up the difficulty of the game quit some. So you could end up fighting alone at the end if your teammates fail to keep up.

Anyhoo there are just some thoughts of mine

Cheers

@Aum: You raise a good point on the succeed or die scenario and you have an excellent insight. I think it would be cool if all players have 3 'free rrvives' which are automatically used when you die. Any revives after that will count to the daily amount. Also I think that the player should get all the loot previous to their deaths should the mission fail.

Sorry I am typing on my phone at the moment. Lots of mistakes

EDIT: Okay so I thought of something that would work with the Escape mission. It could be a capture/rescue mission gone wrong, and as the Tenno is hacking a console to release/capture the captive, an infested boss could be in the container instead.

Edited by Yoshieku

EDIT: Okay so I thought of something that would work with the Escape mission. It could be a capture/rescue mission gone wrong, and as the Tenno is hacking a console to release/capture the captive, an infested boss could be in the container instead.

A nice idea to get the Escape started. 

Or:

In a Sabotage mission when you destroy the reactor, all the doors close shut and the reactor room is flooded with water (to prevent a chain reaction and cool down the core) the only way to escape is to run up and along walls to reach a vent at the top of the room. 

The reactor room must be quite big to realize this.

• 3 weeks later...