Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka And Lephantis - Very Weird Damage Numbers

BoomyGordo

WARNING! BLOCK OF TEXT AHEAD!

So I went into an OD assassinate and brought my lanka along to help kill Lephantis much faster. I did this before and it worked very well at dealing damage to him. Today when I went in though I found something strange happening. My Lanka has level 8 serration and point strike, shred, split chamber, and vital sense all maxed. Lanka does serrated blade damage so it ignores armor, meaning when I shoot it does about 600 damage and on crit it does about 1200 damage (per bullet can shoot 2 cause of split chamber)

When we started the first part of the game and the corpus head came came up I shot and saw 1 damage pop up and it was only for about 200 damage. this is odd because its less than an unmodded lanka does. Shooting again i saw two damage pop ups each for about 320 and it stayed at around 320 on for that first part with crits only hitting 500. When all 3 heads were in play i hit once for the full 1200 damage i should have done but that was a killing shot on the corpus head and then it went back to the very small numbers.

We killed all 3 heads and the floor fell down and we did to and so started the second phase of the battle. I charge up and hit the corpus head... for 72 damage. no this was not a glitched damage pop up because his health didnt move at all. it didnt matter what head i shot it only did 72 damage and 144 on a crit. a little into the fight the damage went up to 120 for regulars and i dont remeber the crit damage but then i got a normal crit of about 1200 damage and then back down to 72 damage per shot and this lasted for the rest of the match with a few randomly higher damages that i cant be arsed to remeber.

I could understand if this boss had unignoreable armor, wouldnt bother me in the lease but the thing is this boss is reducing only my lankas damage down to almost nothing. My lato prime still did full damage to it. It might have to do with the penetration from shred because before this run i didnt have it on my lanka.

tl;dr: penetration seems to be making damage on lephantis glitch out

Edited by --Ragon--

Well, I usually shot a lot of targets in the head using the Vulkar or the Lex. Its very pleasurable.

Also I do two shots with the Vulkar when with the Lanka is just one, since it have to be charged.

Lanka should be fixed. Its useless in most situations. Recently I made a bullet-sponge alert mission and brought the Vulkar instead of Lanka.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115290-lanka-needs-a-small-buff/

Well, I usually shot a lot of targets in the head using the Vulkar or the Lex. Its very pleasurable.

Also I do two shots with the Vulkar when with the Lanka is just one, since it have to be charged.

Lanka should be fixed. Its useless in most situations. Recently I made a bullet-sponge alert mission and brought the Vulkar instead of Lanka.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115290-lanka-needs-a-small-buff/

lanka can 1 hit level 100+ mobs that make the vulkar take 3-4 shots to do the same. i already comfortably take out level 80+ heavy gunners and my lanka isnt even level 30 yet

Just because I disapprove you beloved broken rifle, doesnt mean I dont known how to aim.

you listed all things that make it harder to use than hitscan meaning you dont know how to lead. Lanka can and will 1 hit kill anything upto and including most bosses if properly modded. Just have to compensate for travel time :P

Its not hitscan, have travel time and needs to be charged.

The travel time is 200 meters a second, translating to practical hitscan at close ranges and leading (a little more than hitscan leading) at the medium/long ranges. The charged mechanism and travel times are balance factors to the Lanka; besides, there's no point having uncharged shots because the Lanka is the king of sniper rifles.

That being said, either Lephantis has resistance to damage from weapons with innate armor ignore (like the Stalker) or the numbers are completely bugged.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

you listed all things that make it harder to use than hitscan meaning you dont know how to lead. Lanka can and will 1 hit kill anything upto and including most bosses if properly modded. Just have to compensate for travel time :P

This

Lanka is a broken rifle. This is a fact, and opinion from the nerfer gang dont change this fact.

Theres already suggestions to fix it in the weapons feedback section.

Dont be butt-hurted over this, saying people dont known how to aim just because they said the weapon needs a fix.

Another broken rifle is the Supra.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116053-gorgon-is-better-than-supra/

It's not just with the Lanka.  I've fought Lephantis a few times today using a Miter, and the damage seems to be off as well.  Charged shots should be doing 300+, but sometimes they were only hitting for 75.

Or sometimes they don't even deal damage... Shots just bounce on the boss, instead of going through (I have Shred equipped) and with the puncture of the Miter, it should go through, and deal tons of damage. Instead, it just bounced. Wat.

The travel time is 200 meters a second, translating to practical hitscan at close ranges and leading (a little more than hitscan leading) at the medium/long ranges. The charged mechanism and travel times are balance factors to the Lanka; besides, there's no point having uncharged shots because the Lanka is the king of sniper rifles.

That being said, either Lephantis has resistance to damage from weapons with innate armor ignore (like the Stalker) or the numbers are completely bugged.

this, it balances the lanka out a bit. lanka does 250 base serrated blade damage meaning it will be 250 to everything. put maxed serration on there and you are doing 662.5 damge per shot. split chamber boosts that to 1325 per shot. max point strike brings you up to 50% crit change means you will crit with atleast 1 bullet every shot. lets use max damage for the argument so both shots crit you do 2650 damage. throw a maxed vital sense on for 330% crit damage and you do 11395 damage with 1 shot. add on maxed storm bringer, cryo rounds, peircing hit, and hellfire and you are doing 52417 with one shot. 

call me crazy but i think a little bullet travel time and charge up time is a small price to pay for that kind of fire power

edit: anyway back on topic. is anyone else having odd damage with lephantis?

Edited by --Ragon--

Or sometimes they don't even deal damage... Shots just bounce on the boss, instead of going through (I have Shred equipped) and with the puncture of the Miter, it should go through, and deal tons of damage. Instead, it just bounced. Wat.

lephantis will only take damage on its weakspots, you cant penetrate into those weak spots as it wont let it

Lanka is a broken rifle. This is a fact, and opinion from the nerfer gang dont change this fact.

Theres already suggestions to fix it in the weapons feedback section.

Dont be butt-hurted over this, saying people dont known how to aim just because they said the weapon needs a fix.

Another broken rifle is the Supra.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116053-gorgon-is-better-than-supra/

Suggestions to fix it from other people who don't know how to aim..... doesn't make your opinion a fact...

In a T3 mission, you take your vulkar or whatever and I'll take my lanka. the stats in the end, inevitably will be heavily in my favor. 

Edited by duenor