Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player, Arcanes?

Tokomi_

Question

Been away a few months.

I'm trying to find out if Arcanes work with Exalted weapons. I attempted to do some homework on the forums, reddit, and the wiki. Sadly, no actionable info did I find. Just a stink about some bug back in March 2019.

What is the situation with Arcanes and Exalted, more specifically MESA and A. VELOCITY?

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

On 2020-01-08 at 7:57 PM, Tokomi_ said:

Been away a few months.

I'm trying to find out if Arcanes work with Exalted weapons. I attempted to do some homework on the forums, reddit, and the wiki. Sadly, no actionable info did I find. Just a stink about some bug back in March 2019.

What is the situation with Arcanes and Exalted, more specifically MESA and A. VELOCITY?

Thanks in advance!

They were supposed to, but DE used a Mesa bug as a reason to remove their effects from all exalted weapons and I don't think any have been re-enabled yet.
If you trigger one it will buff exalted weapons, but those can't be used to trigger them; unless that's been fixed.

edit: Wait, have they been fixed then? I'll have to test my old build.

Edit: Sorry for forgetting about this thread.
Yes, I can personally confirm that exalted arcane triggers have been re-enabled :), although I'm guessing at this point everyone else already knows.

Edited by TheArcSet

On 2020-01-09 at 8:03 AM, TheArcSet said:

They were supposed to, but DE used a Mesa bug as a reason to remove their effects from all exalted weapons and I don't think any have been re-enabled yet.
If you trigger one it will buff exalted weapons, but those can't be used to trigger them; unless that's been fixed.

edit: Wait, have they been fixed then? I'll have to test my old build.

That's all I could find. I have tested, and that prompted my question. I have a Rank 3 Velocity, and when that proc's: you certainly know it. In gameplay lately, I can't tell a difference. Which means: it's not happening.

On the one hand, it's a small matter for a powerful Warframe that only gives it a little more punch, yet on the other hand, it's a systemic issue that applies to all Warframes that is deleterious to the whole game. I'm the last one to dictate priorities to DE, so I'm just curious if I should replace it with something else (the Arcane, that is). That appears to be the case., at least, until the much feared and prognosticated ner- ahem! Balancing Pass... for Mesa drops. 😉

23 minutes ago, Tokomi_ said:

I have a Rank 3 Velocity, and when that proc's: you certainly know it. In gameplay lately, I can't tell a difference. Which means: it's not happening.

You may have trouble observing the proc effect if you modded your Regulators right due to the fact they shoot faster the longer you are shooting (spool-up)

Arcanes and passives work even in Archwing mode, of course they work with exalted weapons.

Edited by Zakkhar

I've edited my post, but just for clarity.

I've tested and Titania can trigger now trigger Arcane Precision with her Dex Pixia, just like she used to.

So unless any frames have been made an exception, it looks like exalted weapons can proc arcanes again.

Edited by TheArcSet

On 2020-01-14 at 5:32 AM, TheArcSet said:

I've edited my post, but just for clarity.

I've tested and Titania can trigger now trigger Arcane Precision with her Dex Pixia, just like she used to.

So unless any frames have been made an exception, it looks like exalted weapons can proc arcanes again.

Thank you for taking the time!

• Like 1