Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the pets current status


lukasystem
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been wondering if DE is gonna do something about the way we interact with our kubrows and kavats, and i mean with the amount of wasted time when swapping companions for certain builds, my example is: i got smeeta for farming purposes, adarza for try-hard crits, helminth for my Nidus, and vasca for show-off.

And sometimes it makes me feel like "meeeh i don't want to swap", mainly because: current companion needs to go hibernation crap + animation (also stretch full yoga session before) ---> gotta go select new companion + animation (gotta stretch too because i've slept for 3 months straight and another yoga session) ----> equip if the loadout is new.

Why can't we just have them running around in the ship and/or be treated in the loadout UI the same way sentinels and Moas do? specially considering how many of the hibernation features have changed right now and are of no proper use or purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was spoken about last year during a Devstream. But like most changes/fixes talked about, they rarely happen within a 3 year span of time, if at all. I'd really love the entire removal of the Stasis swapping operations but someone would have to plan alternate monetization for that station. Because that's all it's really about in the first place, a way to nickel and dime players out of Plat for arbitrary inconveniences.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Morthal said:

I'd really love the entire removal of the Stasis swapping operations but someone would have to plan alternate monetization for that station. Because that's all it's really about in the first place, a way to nickel and dime players out of Plat for arbitrary inconveniences.

 

Except there is no nickle and diming to be had. DE makes money from pets the same way they make money from Sentinels and Moas: by selling you a slot for 20 platinum. And also some skins for however much skins cost. They don't make money off the inconveniences of the stasis system. In fact you can only buy DNA stabilizers for credits. And I'm pretty sure the incubator upgrade is dojo only too, without the plat option, but don't quote me on that

Getting rid of the stasis system might help them sell MORE slots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As pets go, the only one you will ever need is smeeta kavat, so no actual need for quick swap. Now, the main reason of why pets dont have instant availability is because of the health decay system, if you had all pets out of the freezer then all of them would get health decay at once unless they removed the genetic degradation but that would be "lore breaking". Also consider how entangled is the cobweb of code that is warframe assets so if DE removed the health decay of pets out of the freezer just imagine how many things would break!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

if you had all pets out of the freezer then all of them would get health decay at once unless they removed the genetic degradation but that would be "lore breaking".

Lore breaking? No one cares...it should go, it adds nothing worthwhile.

DE doesn't even need to get rid of stasis, they just need to show pets in stasis when selecting a companion and automatically put a current pet in stasis/remove the selected one.

Where do all my other sentinels and moas go when I pick Helios...it's the same thing...just make it fun and not annoying.

23 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Also consider how entangled is the cobweb of code that is warframe assets so if DE removed the health decay of pets out of the freezer just imagine how many things would break!

I've never seen their code...and neither have you...pretty rude and unwarranted speculation...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Except there is no nickle and diming to be had. DE makes money from pets the same way they make money from Sentinels and Moas: by selling you a slot for 20 platinum. And also some skins for however much skins cost. They don't make money off the inconveniences of the stasis system. In fact you can only buy DNA stabilizers for credits. And I'm pretty sure the incubator upgrade is dojo only too, without the plat option, but don't quote me on that

Getting rid of the stasis system might help them sell MORE slots

Except you literally just mentioned ways that Pets are nickel and dime plat sinks. All sentinels and MOA can be purchased with plat, slot included but that doesn't affect the appearance costs, which again are plat sinks. There's no argument to be had against that fact, it only shows how little you comprehend the system. I'm not going to go into more detail here about why platinum and prime access/vaults are the money makers. 

This wasn't even the original point but is part of the problem concerning pets in the first place. They exist as microtransaction / monetization before all else, which some people would say is fair. The arbitrary timers and RNG mechanics however, are disgusting practices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lukasystem said:

 

And sometimes it makes me feel like "meeeh i don't want to swap", mainly because: current companion needs to go hibernation crap + animation (also stretch full yoga session before) ---> gotta go select new companion + animation (gotta stretch too because i've slept for 3 months straight and another yoga session) ----> equip if the loadout is new.

 

Sometimes?  The last time my smeeta went in freezer was when I wanted MR fodder for vasca.  I have multiple forma in many pets to test them out, but can't be bothered with animation.  

If anything, DE is losing money on this because I'd buy cosmetics for other pets, and play around with alternate builds, but it's to much of a pain to swap.  Then all my saved builds get screwed up and since the companion UI is not on Warframe UI anymore, I go into mission without.  

It is way overdue.  DE could make a mini-quest that ties into railjack with a cure.  Here is my 30 second idea:

- A cure is found in one of dilrelect chests which unlocks a dojo research blueprint.

- Resources can be found in Railjack and perhaps sentinet.  

Nothing new needs to be developed, everything is already in game, just some copy and paste code.  Now players could earn the cure and once clan has BP, players can craft for each pet and railjack resources required so new game mode promoted.  Then thier health never degrades and then can just pop out of status immediately so we can save pets to certain frames / builds.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Except you literally just mentioned ways that Pets are nickel and dime plat sinks. All sentinels and MOA can be purchased with plat, slot included but that doesn't affect the appearance costs, which again are plat sinks. There's no argument to be had against that fact, it only shows how little you comprehend the system. I'm not going to go into more detail here about why platinum and prime access/vaults are the money makers. 

This wasn't even the original point but is part of the problem concerning pets in the first place. They exist as microtransaction / monetization before all else, which some people would say is fair. The arbitrary timers and RNG mechanics however, are disgusting practices.

All of what you said is true, except it doesn't defend the stasis system in any way. The point I was debunking was that removing the stasis system would cost DE a source of revenue. And you haven't de-debunked it in any way

I mean your post was correct, DE does sell pets for plat, but you had originally said 

2 hours ago, Morthal said:

I'd really love the entire removal of the Stasis swapping operations but someone would have to plan alternate monetization for that station. 

and then did not give any examples of how Stasis specifically is monetized at all. Because it isn't

So we are like simultaneously on the same page but also not, in agreement but also not

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Lore breaking? No one cares...it should go, it adds nothing worthwhile.

DE doesn't even need to get rid of stasis, they just need to show pets in stasis when selecting a companion and automatically put a current pet in stasis/remove the selected one.

Where do all my other sentinels and moas go when I pick Helios...it's the same thing...just make it fun and not annoying.

I've never seen their code...and neither have you...pretty rude and unwarranted speculation...

You must be new, when DE releases new mainline updates, stuff that is entirely unrelated to the patch content gets broken for no reason, new bugs pop up, etc. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mainly, I just want them to be actually useful in battle, with their skills constantly active rather than having to wait for them to decide when they feel like being helpful, and giving them much better survivability (Pack Leader only goes so far, higher level enemies wreck pets instantly no mater what, plus not everyone is a melee main). IIRC one of the devs mentioned the idea of a "Pets 2.0" update that would rework all companion types. a few slapdash ideas of my own:

- add a command function that can be bound to hotkeys, or triggered when performing certain actions such as aiming at an enemy, so that pets only attack when the owner lets them. all too often they run into battle and get killed because they try to take on armoured units that can one hit them, and Eidolons along with other bosses with immunity to regular attacks are just kitty-stomping machines. some pets just aren't made for attacking anyway, so they shouldn't run off.

- the DNA wasting mechanic is interesting, but functionally redundant. yes, it only costs credits for the upkeep in the long run, but messing around with Stasis, Stabilizers and cooldowns are more reasons why people will just pick a Sentinel: Sentinels are always ready to go, whereas you have to jump through hoops with your pets.

- each type of companion needs a specialization, Sentinels have utility, Kavats can be focused on buffing the player's offensive capabilities (gun damage, power strength etc.), while Kubrows focus on buffing a player's Defense (Armour buffs, Damage reduction etc.). Helminths can essentially be like having an AI Nidus, that could keep sending out maggots, or make a small Ravenous Garden to heal you for example, and maybe also give them a unique synergy when using both Nidus and a Helminth Charger. MOAs are modular, and could take different aspects from each of the other companions, to create a hybrid companion tailored to your needs.

I've had several Kubrows, and they've been in stasis for years. I've contemplated getting rid of them, but I'm kinda holding out for a rework and/or forgetting I have them 99% of the time. then again, Eggs are easy enough to get...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...