Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The real End Game is

Morthal

complaining about how broken Warframe is. But that's not all, for a few of us out there it's collecting Rivens, hitting max capacity, rerolling till satisfied and then rerolling more because boredom. 
halfway.png
What is YOUR End Game?

• Like 6

Thats over 1.715.000‬ Kuva...

My End-Game has been teaching new players a thing or two and taking people who have just come back to have a basic Railjack experience and just watching them freaking out and thrilled with the experience. ❤️

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

My end game is going to be reading the salt on the forums when they hit us with the riven melee disposition changes in the immediate future. 

lol yes!
I was honestly expecting that to happen already. Despite what comes from nerfing Rivens, DE is only hurting themselves on that issue. I just remembered a time when my end game content was running Heiracon for mods/relics 🤣

10 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

This is end game to me:

343351613-22-image.png

With a good clan and discord setup, this is a pretty great feeling. Sad that so many people are moving away from Warframe atm though. Hope DE veers off it's current path, steering away from what feels like a mobile game's market 😐

19 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

This is end game to me:

343351613-22-image.png

that is so wholesome, aww

sadly i have no patience to teach anyone, but at least i like to give advise whenever i can to the newbies, there's no need to ruin their feel of discovery XD

12 minutes ago, Morthal said:

so many people are moving away from Warframe

Many of those people are only compelled to play by rewards. Invariably, when they reach the peak, the only thing left to do is ask, "what have you done for me Lately?" Development takes longer than beating new missions, so this is absolutely bound to happen. The bigger and more ambitious the updates, the more people collide with this thought.

There's a ton of new great games out, so it's not just that DE's failing in some vast an incredible ways, but that there are other options.
This has also been a year of getting super emotionally invested in hating on devs of every company, and the youtube rumor mill has grown fat and happy from it.

I'm not concerned, personally.. but I'm also happy with most of what we have. There's an odd thing that happens with new updates, where they change the perception of existing content. Like.. this game was excellent 3 years ago, and somehow adding more to it made it worse to so many people? I dunno, hasn't bothered me, but it is what it is.

Edited by kapn655321

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Many of those people are only compelled to play by rewards. Invariably, when they reach the peak, the only thing left to do is ask, "what have you done for me Lately?" Development takes longer than beating new missions, so this is absolutely bound to happen. The bigger and more ambitious the updates, the more people collide with this thought.

There's a ton of new great games out, so it's not just that DE's failing in some vast an incredible ways, but that there are other options.
This has also been a year of getting super emotionally invested in hating on devs of every company, and the youtube rumor mill has grown fat and happy from it.

I'm not concerned, personally.. but I'm also happy with most of what we have. There's an odd thing that happens with new updates, where they change the perception of existing content. Like.. this game was excellent 3 years ago, and somehow adding more to it made it worse to so many people? I dunno, hasn't bothered me, but it is what it is.

Very true and I'm observing this personally. I'm coming from the 80's however and those of us who were lucky enough to have arcades in their homes or even pre-Nintendo consoles, have watched the market go from Entertainment to unregulated greed, watch it all crash and burn then once again come back to Entertainment/Arts. I don't blame people for having negative comments about the current state of gaming. The only winner these days are the investors and sometimes the Devs, so asking for a rewarding time and money spent shouldn't be asking too much.

57 minutes ago, Morthal said:

from Entertainment to unregulated greed

Then again, you look at old quarter eaters, and really not much has changed. Difference is, many of the things we get now in game have permanence.. cosmetics, etc.. personal expression that is more than being player 2 or putting in 3 letters for a name, in a high score that is deleted when the power goes out. The market has also seen many factors that demand higher cost to produce.. like better graphical rendering, competing against tens of thousands of other titles, many of which being launched anywhere from indie dev bedrooms in the dead of night, to massive billion dollar studios.

You're not asking too much to want a reward, but it is asking the impossible to have that reward ready every single time. Especially, when many people play to reduce every finite aspect of the game down to a streamline method of achieving months worth of grind in hours. No one could make enough creative functional content to keep up with that. Old entertainment systems didn't give us that. They had about 10 hours of gameplay at best, and gave nothing but a, "thanks for playing," often while devouring quarters on deliberately BS mechanics. It's not unreasonable that a player wants to chase an addictive property of rewards.. but expecting or ever having that delivered as a constant infinite loop may either be impossible or flatly unhealthy.

The mechanics take time, the cosmetics, the rewards.. and they all take time to develop. Meaning, unless we're paying more than a 1 for 1 to every dev, and everything they release is a banger, they'll fall behind, leaving that player unsatisfied.. After all, if the devs aren't making the money, then their reward incentive is gone.. and we'd much rather see them encouraged by the love of the entertainment and art, instead of just the pay.. So, if it's ok for the player to just be fueled by reward, and devs just fueled by passion, we're going to outstrip them by orders of magnitude.. and if it's the other way around, they may keep up, but it's a bloodless corporate mess.

I hope I'm not sounding as though I condemn your sentiment. I'm merely trying to elaborate on my perspective of why there's practically no good way to deliver that product if that's what we demand.

Example:
How long did Super Mario Bros 3 take to make? Many long and difficult years. How fast can it be beaten? Months or hours. How do they release a 4th by the time the fastest players are done with the 3rd? Without charging more? Even before strategy guides and youtube walkthroughs that was impossible. Our understanding of game mechanics reduce that window even further, and our expectations are far beyond anything we've ever had. When the content is consumed so voraciously, it's no wonder there's gaps in releases while they work on something better and harder to finish. So.. there's nothing wrong with playing a game like that, but expecting devs to keep up with that just cannot happen. Regardless, they've kept at it, doing their best to release asap for nearly 10 years, which I applaud them for. Some years cost more, some launches don't meet expectations, but is it any wonder, when we set the bar so insurmountably high? It seems to me, that the drive to give us new shiny things every time we want it, would need the sort of funding that mobile games make.

TL;DR: We can't help but feel like the loser, if our expectations could never be met in the first place.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2