Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix ETA - Railjack Hotfix Progress (for PC)!

SilverBones

Hey Tenno,

To follow on from Rebecca's tweet regarding a PC hotfix date, we wanted to keep you posted on the progress of our Railjack hotfixes. We are not planning a hotfix for today, but hope to get the first one of 2020 out as early as tomorrow!

There were a lot of bugs and requests sent to us over the holiday period and the team has been working diligently on improving your collective Railjack experience. We have already addressed some threads with tasters of what’s to come:

Since there are a lot of changes and quality of life fixes going into this hotfix (edit: such as new Squad Status in the UI overlay to indicate what your squadmates are doing on your Raijack), we didn’t feel it was ready for a release today. We want to thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the fixes when they go live on PC!

Thank you for the updates [DE]Bear. I really hope DE is taking a hard look at the balance of railjack. As released, it was WAY off the mark. It feels like it was balanced around Earth and not the Veil. I hope DE makes a big move rather than small incremental moves considering how far off the mark the initial release was. It would be nice if there was some substantial changes in weapon damage,vacuum range, etc. as a goodwill gesture to the community.

From the topic about prefering long grind to RNG^2:
(I edited it here and there, to closer match the forum guidelines)

4 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

+1 to OP

I did hema research in a solo clan using specific builds, cats, and boosters.  The gameplay was not varied and diverse to do it quickly but I knocked it out in a single weekend (but also had a ton already since been playing for years and ODD used to be the prime place to level up and I often ran nekros there for the oriken cells so I had a headstart).  

While that grind is certainly tedious, I much prefer a long grind with a guaranteed reward than a random loot box.  I hate loot boxes and I hate random stats.  I hate the lack of progress and extreme lack of customization this new system gives.  

All warframes have a set capacity with a catalyst reactor and aura.  This sets the boundaries of what you can do and you must be creative to min/max.  

Railjack reactors spit on years of work, instantly giving some players more capacity than others.  It's like if my excal had twice the capacity of your excal.  I could create an excellent online guide how to build my frame and you could get all excited to play it, but guess what, your screwed.  You can gamble for years and still never have the same capacity Warframe I got on day 1.  

If warframes were treated like railjacks, the game would have died on first year.  Warframe is still around because of the customization.  If DE wants railjack to be around for years, they need to ditch the loot box concept.  

We don't come here to play a mobile game. We want Warframe, not some petty mind tricks some "brilliant" pshycologist pitched on how to get kids more addicted.  

Make railjack fun, I'm ok with grind because it's fun.  I'm not ok with random.  Random is just plain bad and railjack in its current state is going to have a short life because no one can create a guide or share builds because the constraints differ from player to player.  

Whoever did this at DE needs to rethink (and hard) about the outcome because it fundamentally changed a game that has been successful for years.  

We need to be more resistant to change.  

I have upvoted the guy. Warframe used to be a game where one could play 15min at a time and progress. Playing on a tight schedule, RNG drops can void your whole session of free time. That = not progressing = time not worth spending on that game in the 1st place.

Edit: I know it sounds like a rant but it's actually on a lot of people's minds. I still like Warframe (hadn't experienced the Veil RNG yet though).

And thank you. I've made my 1st purchase of platinum today. Was small, but I hope to make more once my life settles.

Thanks for the update.

I do hope that this short summary doesn't represent what's coming in terms of hot fixes, because with all the current game breaking bugs from crashes to freezes and all kinds of weird issues going on, focusing on Wisp's melee animations sounds like some wacky prioritization going on there ;-)

3 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Thanks for the update.

I do hope that this short summary doesn't represent what's coming in terms of hot fixes, because with all the current game breaking bugs from crashes to freezes and all kinds of weird issues going on, focusing on Wisp's melee animations sounds like some wacky prioritization going on there 😉

Oh no. There are way more fixes being crammed into this than what is listed.

Will this hotfix or coming soon hotfixes focus on content pacing as well? It's getting rather old that one must wait anywhere from a week to over a year for the update to actually be polished in terms of intended time investment for progression. Not one major update in 2019 had finalized time investments on release, and the wait time was anywhere from 2 months to almost 2 years in the case of Plains of Eidolons.

Thanks.

Just now, Valok said:

Would you be able to tell us now if there's a change on the way (or being planned) for the issue of reactors and avionics? Thank you for the heads up.

Yep, Scott said on Twitter that they are considering increasing the drop rate of wreckage and therefore reactors, and also considering reducing repair cost. No words on avionics as far as I'm aware, though.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Since there are a lot of changes and quality of life fixes going into this hotfix, we didn’t feel it was ready for a release today.

Feel free to also delay future releases to make sure they're ready instead of going "zomg award show release NAO".

16 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Oh no. There are way more fixes being crammed into this than what is listed.

Can you please confirm that that 2% Vidar MKIII Reactor mission RNG avionics capacity buff or rework will be in the fixes as well?

The only 2 Vidar MKIII reactors I have after numerous veil missions gave me +39 and +59 capacity and feeling more demotivated each day.

It would be cool if:

1) Railjack gets a speedometer (as well as archwing and hoverboard);

2) Railjack Battle Avionics get more balanced and useful as, for example, swarm does literally nothing in Viel Proxima at all;

3) Zetkai turrets get another buff or debuff as Rate of Fire + Overheat can be barely called a balanced weapon.

4) Droprate of Lavan and Vidar parts vs Zetka is increased; 

- Armaments bonuses get changed as the only good ones are listed below:

+25% Railjack damage while shield depleted  Zetki  Shield
+50% boost speed while shield depleted  Vidar  Engines
+100% damage immunity duration after a Major Breach is repaired  Vidar  Reactor

- Railjack stops warping forward if it's boosting backwards or to the side;

- Turret enter/exit speed is increased;

- Transport engines stop consuming all Tunguska damage;

While I'm sure there's a lot more fixes and changes coming, it feels like you guys are being very limited in what issues you want to actually comment on, here. Are you guys still planning on doubling down on the claim that the reason for massive random stat ranges that allow so much strictly bad gear as being for the sake of people's ships being "unique"?

Thanks for the update, but please dont just make the fighters easier to kill.. even in the Veil they are easy enough to kill with either Archguns or RJ turrets. But please remember to make the Omni a permanent gear item... 😉 its not their armour thats the problem it only the healing bubble.. but then again it makes the away team member want to kill those crewship as soon as they appear.  Why not just make crewships have a 1-2 min delay before the healing bubbles are activated, so the RJ teams that are organised can kill the crewships and not have the healing bubbles go on.

The other issues that hopefully get addressed are the alternate Archwings and Archguns, AND Archmelee weapons not working in RJ missions properly.  We ran the Fomorian and what a difference having the Archmelee working again (compared to the RJ missions) and having other Archguns killing like they all should.

Keep up the great work guys and gals, we are really enjoying RailJack experiences .. apart from running in space with a sword 😉

Will issues with heavy attacks ever be addressed? It's already been a long time since the change with no acknowledgment of the problem, yet other issues not even related to game play consistently see higher priority.

Heavy attacks trigger frequently on some weapons when not intended to, holding the melee attack key doesn't even work at all for some weapons and stances, and heavy attacks can not be triggered using the hold key method during some combos, despite the dedicated heavy attack key working during those same periods.

Archived