Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix ETA - Railjack Hotfix Progress (for PC)!

SilverBones

3 hours ago, darkemplar8 said:

TL:DR here:

1)   Give railjack debuff/supportive auras that provide passive effects like slow/loot detection/healing/allied damage buff. Aura can be toggled to provide boosted benefits while consuming flux energy. This is to address issue of amesha being mandatory in all team compositions and to also be a reason to NOT NERF AMESHA.

2)   Loot pick-up/detection needs a patchup, needs waypoints and/or greater vacuum range. Also, loot extraction supposedly only works for clients if host/crewmember refines resources at forge, else you return home with credits only. Rip all them void holes/munitions vortexes lost to failed loot extraction. Also, gunners should be able to mark/waypoint loot

3)   Tenno archwings aren't equal to enemy fighters, they're simply jetpacks with abilities. Implement a flyable/pilotable fighter equivalent to deal with the enemies. Fighter equivalents can be selected while in dry dock by each member, and selection is available from researching at dry dock else obtained via grineer/corpus enemy blueprint/part drops.

4)   Vidar reactors with 2% drop chance AND bad rng scale needs to be changed to an upgradeable reactor. More upgrades(costs resources or rush drones, whatever tenno prefer) result in more reactor avionic capacity, at the max of 100 capacity. Also, each reactor has a given number of upgrades, and tenno can choose whether they want to upgrade flux energy OR avionic capacity. They can also spend forma to increase the number of upgrades to be gained(forma grants +5 capacity or +10 flux energy, or else each forma grants +1 upgrade point. Also apply this change to the other reactors, except each house reactor has different flux/avionic capacity base and max amounts.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1)   In the current state of empyrean, due to the enemy armor scaling and the potential for crewships to 1shot tenno in archwing, only the amesha is able to easily handle taking the hits. This leaves out the other archwings, as they can abrely take a hit and survive, let alone 2 hits(mostly due to latency issues greater than 100, and even if itzal can cloak and remain unseen, that doesn't mean itzal can take a stray hit and survive). In resolving the need to use amesha ALL THE TIME due to the huge help it provides in slow aura as well as the fact that it's basically space trinity, toggle-able tactical avionics that provide PASSIVE effects could be implemented(slowing effect, magnetic field to redirect enemy missile/projectile fire, healing field, loot vacuum that has greater than current loot radius, loot radar, the list goes on).This would be the railjack equivalent of a warframe aura. In a team effort, each tenno should also be able to contribute their own railjack's toggle-able tactical avionic to the host's railjack(host's tactical avionic will provide the strongest bonus while fellow crewmembers provide a lesser bonus) and provide multiple effects on the field. All 4 tenno with loot radar would mean a greater detection range than if only the host brought loot detection, for instance. To not leave out solo players, they get doubled the host's benefit in a solo run. Also, I stated that this should be toggle-able so that when active, it would provide boosted effects at the cost of flux energy drain. This is to be used situationally(railjack is surrounded by 3+ crewships, 30+ fighters, is taking terrible terrible damage, and has no void hole/munitions vortex/seeker volley/other battle avionic).

2)   Adding to the top change, loot pick-up and loot extraction fixes are needed. I'm certain I've probably lost countless avionics and who knows how much resources due to the lack of loot radar and the abysmal loot pick-up radius(250m pick-up radius is ALOT of pick-up space if it's in a ground situation, but really it feels like I actually need to physically touch loot to pick them up and feels like 25m in front of me, if even that). The lack of loot radar doesn't help either as loot can be ANYWHERE in ANY direction of your railjack, and with all the visual noise(asteroids/rocks/spacecraft/explosions/particles), it's easy to lose track of any and all loot locations. The loot also don't really make it obvious where they are unless you're within about 500m or so of them and you are LOOKING DIRECTLY at them. Loot radar needs to be a thing in empyrean, else loot pick-up radius buff and/or loot identification needs to be implemented similar to how rare resources like argon crystals or vitus essences are waypointed.

This is an add-on to 2nd statement as I've seen that Danielle has posted about loot visibility/pickup: Would be VERY BENEFICIAL if gunners can mark/waypoint loot. If there's a TON of waypointed loot, most of which would be resources, it'd be nice if loot marked by gunners would have a special blinking effect or something to emphasize that it's an important pick-up(wouldn't want to miss a void hole or something in a sea of copernics, right?).

3)   So far in space combat, enemy grineer and corpus have access to jetpack troops, fighters, and crewships. We the tenno have archwings and the newly released railjack(which needs improvements such as weapon balancing for the better and NOT nerfs, most avionics needing patches to make them actually useful). Archwings, so far, feel like jetpacks with special abilities. In combat, on Earth, they're okay-ish in survivability versus any fighter. Just when you have to deal with crewships are they almost no good in taking a hit, as all crewships 1shot you. Hence the massive push in having to use amesha to debuffing and almost completely negating damage taken. This is fine and good, except it leaves much to be desired, as I really wanna use itzal and the other 2 archwings we almost never use(cuz go figure, archwings haven't ever been used by the majority of players for a while). In my personal honest opinion, crewships and fighters should put less priority on tenno in archwings unless tenno are dangerously close to them. So rather than just simply nerfing the enemy fighters/crewship armor and/or damage output, what if the tenno could bring in their own fighters of sort? Something of a cross between the archwing and the railjack in terms of survivability/damage output. This could basically be a kind of zaw-empyrean spacecraft in which tenno research orokin parts back at dry dock, and acquire(*ahem, steal blueprints/parts) from corpus/grineer fighters/crewships to add enhancements of other factions to their fighters. Tenno can deploy these fighters from the railjack, and can equip the railjack weapons on them. Omni can be used to recall tenno and fighter back to railjack, costs 25 omni to recall. Though this idea should be implemented AFTER current state of railjack is fixed/patched.

4)   My luck with the vidar reactor is legendary(or so I believe). 20+ reactors so far, all of them provide less than 40 avionics capacity. I do not believe that RNG on top of RNG(mission reward drop table reward of 2% with a capacity range) is a good idea for content. I know there are definitely people with 90+ cap reactors, maybe even someone owning a 100 cap reactor. The fact that I've wasted all this time to get something that is much less useful than a researched mk3 sigma reactor is depressing, disappointing, and frustrating. A change is needed for this(especially as it's frustrating just about for anyone who farms empyrean for it). I propose changing house reactors so that the reactors have a starting base amount of flux/avionics capacity, and we can upgrade them with resources/dirac obtained in missions. Resources and/or dirac can be used to grant an upgrade point. Each reactor will have a set amount of upgrades possible, and tenno can choose whether flux energy or avionic capacity is upgraded. This consumes an upgrade point. Once maxed out on points useable, tenno can also spend forma to increase the number of upgrade points(by 1 point each forma, up to 5 or so), or else each forma spent can grant additive bonuses to stats(+5 avionic capacity or +10 flux). Could also use forma to make a new forma called empyrean forma or something to increase upgrade points.

If #4 is implemented, all currently existing reactors should not be affected. Tenno already spent a ton of time farming for their 90+ capacity reactors, should let them keep their prizes, after all.

I agree with this. It's okay if the upgrading takes a long time, as we at least have something reliable instead of RNG. 

3 hours ago, D4Prot0Typ3 said:

In the love of all Tenno please remove this RNG on Items or at least let us grind somthing to upgrade bad rolled Items
e.g.:

• Player 1 gets a RJ weapon with +60% (max value) damage (god roll) he is lucky and done.
  • Player 2 gets a RJ weapon with +40% damage and he can spend (polish the weapon) with e.g. Dirac to boost the 40% step by step until the weapon is at 60%.
  • Player 3 gets a  RJ weapon with +20% damage (min value) so he can decide to grind for a new weapon with more +damage% whats highly possible to get and then grinds it up like player 2 OR he can grind even more Dirac (or Recource X) to boost polish the weapon all the way trom 20 to 60.

Grinding (to a finishline) is fine but grinding that is absolutely pointless and is purely related to luck does not make fun and results in frustration and burnout

In all the upper cases there is a finishline that has "some" RNG into it BUT it is 100% reachable by putting effort in the game without having luck only.

If you find this is a good and/or possible (partial) solution, PLEASE UPVOTE

btw imo this also should count on Lich Weapons

We could also make the transfer system part of it. Instead of only replacing one value with another, we could optionally have them combined, resulting in a value higher than either by themselves or something. Not a full A + B, but maybe take the greater value and, if you want, add 5 or something. Each weapon you get you can add a few more points, even if your RNG hates you.

Could you consider stop showing every loot in down left corner of railjack screen? It would be much better if it would show up with little string like in normal mission down center screen. I don't need to know how much pustrels I've got if I have thousands of them. But I would like still be able to see avionics and reactors and such.

Also; can we talk about the 'Annomaly' every 3 hours, only on for 30 minutes and speed runners going STRAIT for the loot, and if not finding it, just ditching?!

Oh and the 2% drop for the (buggy as [cenored]) Shedu parts?
2 years.
TWO STINKING YEARS we waited; then it is locked behind a time-gate mission (which sucks rocks), with abysmal drop chance and is a draw for the worst aspects of "ME ME ME ME" players! 
Fix THAT.  (I dunno, ever 3 hours but for 45 minutes so at least some of us have a fighting chance to log into a semi-decent crew of NOT greedy @$$hools).

I really could care less about the vidar. 
I'd like better drop chances for some of the more flashy battle avionics; void hole & fire-phoenix being two.

You NERF Amesha you will lose a LOT of community good will. 
Scott?  You reading this?  NO.  Just NO.  You ruined Itzel, back the [censored] off from the ONLY thing even remotely useful in archwing.

Pretty much everything else has been touched on.

Looking forward to some much needed fixes and IMPROVEMENTS (NOT f'n nerfs) to Railjack game play.

I'm still a white knight for you folks, but a lot of that 'paladin' feeling has been scoured away by this PUNISHMENT game-mode.

Dear DE,

i want to share with you some feeling about your game. This is my story :

After 3 weeks of playing Railjack, tonight i just drop my first Vidar Reactor with one good friend of mine !!!!

We were so happy that we decide to go strait to The Dry Dock to see what we get.

My Vidar Reactor is 58 avionics Capacity. (I play with a Lavan with 62 ac) ...

My friends Vidar Reactor is 88 ac. The only Vidar he dropped before that was 87 ac.

The sea has less salt than my feelings right now, DE. 

I'm done for today after 30 min in the game, and i play this game everyday since 2 years ... 

i just wanted to share... sorry for my bad english.

Looking forward to seeing a hotfix...

But what I really want, is to have Itzal and especially Elytron be useful in Empyrean missions. I haven't tried Odonata yet but at least it has a forward shield which will keep it safe from 14% of the incoming damage (so it just has to worry about getting 1-shot by the Missile Platforms, Crewships and the highly saturated barrage from 6+ Fighters as you go for a Crewship).

Honestly.... Elytron was always Mastery Rank Fodder, considering its abilities revolve around stationary-target-attacks and no defence.

Can you fix the issue for people, who have sprint toggled? If I'm in a Railjack and press the sprint button, my RJ gets faster, but when acceleration ends, I have to remember to press the button again, because energy doesn't restore. Can you make this thing togglable too for the Railjack?

And please, can you fix the Archwing problem? I don't have Amesha, and for me the only way to kill crewships is to use slingshot or to die trying to reach the crewship. I still don't get why we can't destroy crewships with usual turrets. Moreover, please, delete the delay for archguns, because right now not only they are useless in RJ mode, but they are also unplayable in the usual archwing missions. Basically, you somewhat fixed the movement in archwing, by severely nerfing Itzal, just so players can have more creative freedom to choose - and then release a mode where people have to use ONE archwing and ONE archgun, because everything else is literally useless. Why would you do that? 

I hope you also address one of the most severe bugs, that occurs in basically every mission:

Missing mods on our gear. This happens so often and it´s truely game-breaking.

You suddenly realise you´re doing 1-2 damage with your archgun and it takes 30 seconds to shred a crewship reactor, because all the mods on your gear are being ignored.

One thing that has already become sth like an "exploit" is the Slingshot tactic. If you exit the railjack via the slingshot and use it to crash into a fighter (not to board a crewship), you will end up with your standard warframe weapons in space. You can deactivate crewships with a burst from an Acceltra or shred through enemy fighters with Kuva Weapons. It´s a neat workaround to "fix" the crappy archgun damage we have right now.

Slingshot out - use the omnitool to teleport back - slingshot out....etc.

Got 10 in each intrinsic, missing a meta reactor so these potential changes probably won't do much for me.

Only issue I had with this update are the RNG %'s.

I mean, a Vidar reactor having worse stats than a Zekti reactor?

I would suggest a change, but that won't have any effect so, back to grinding something else I guess.

There is an critical bug that needs some serious fixing,especially for players that are playing as boarders.

When you leave a crewship using the normal exit to AW,you'll get sometimes bugged and all you see is some blue background (can't specify what actually is it),you will not be able to /unstuck,your inventory wheel doesn't work either,so you can't use omni.It feels like you were teleported to crewship heaven together with that crewship,nothing really works,I've tried everything,the ESC menu is empty.

And when your crew depart,you will be teleported to your ship,but always you are bugged in some animation - since I've encountered this bug more than once,I believe it has something to do with the animation meant for leaving the crewships to AW, it's like you are in the air waiting for your AW to actually attach,and you can't do anything,you are stuck in that animation.

Only solution is to dry dock and leave the dojo,nothing else helps.

This bug caused me a lot of problems,because everytime we have to dry dock,the first time - I've lost some rare avionics.

There is also a similiar bug,that when you leave a CS the same way,all you see is black,just a black screen,because clearly the game did not loaded well while exiting the crewship to AW,usually you can move freely and most of the things works,so it's not that critical as that bug above.

All the bugs/problems happen to me so far:

1. walking in space when you have high ping
  2. slingshot to space and still holding warframe weapons; staying in slingshot is too dizzy, can you make the POV bigger?
  3. More going back to dry dock and restart mission with your team = more buggy
  4. infinite loading when back to dry dock
  5. infinite loading when invited to dojo sometime - this is absolutely relate to railjack
  6. people spawn in railjack instead of spawn room when invited to dojo
  7. when you board crewship and destroy it's core, somehow the pet almost die
  8. giant pet bug
  9. radar on pet sometime doesn't work
  10. when I only equip 2 weapons, catchmoon and paracesis, sometime I lost my catchmoon
  11. Forward artillery: many visual bugs, too bright, different parts on crewship take different damage, and many time I only shot down 1 of 3 crewship's engines
  12. stuck in black screen after exit crewship
  13. some minor forge animation bugs
  14. archgun/archmelee visual bug when holding normal weapon (it looks like you're holding 2 - 3 weapon at the same time

Primed example: 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Shemarria:

Also; can we talk about the 'Annomaly' every 3 hours, only on for 30 minutes and speed runners going STRAIT for the loot, and if not finding it, just ditching?!

Oh and the 2% drop for the (buggy as [cenored]) Shedu parts?
2 years.
*some cry*

I'd like better drop chances for some of the more flashy battle avionics; void hole & fire-phoenix being two.

1. i agree with the most posts here that need to be fixed but this?

NO!

Shedu Parts are dropping hart in prices  and i dont see any problems in the farm atm. It Work. Maybe you need 2-3 Days but rly, thats nothing.

And the Drops of Void Hole and other? Its ok. Yes its low but sry im happy that the drops are low. It feels *Special* when it drops and i like it. Railjack will be a new Chapter in this Game and we will Play it a lot in future so it will drop anytime for Everyone. 

We had other Problems that need fixed but not this 2. 

Why don't you guys make ships drop materials, wreckage and avionics immediately after ship reach HP 0/Reactor gets blown up from inside ? Instead need to finish its explosion effect.
I did notice for Crewship, you can speed it up by shooting to HP 0 but takes time.

Just increase the vacuum range first. I don't know why, but you guys kinda skeptical because players maybe farm it too fast ? What's the different anyway ?

Also, please just give glowing lines instead full effect for Battle Avionics especially Fiery Phoenix and Particle Ram when you inside the ship. It hinders the sight of the gunners. Let full effect from outside only.

13 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Don't worry, it's almost guaranteed to come back either as a nightwave reward, Baro item or (more likely) become a common occurrence on every Sentient ship once New War launches and they appear en masse. DE doesn't do time-gated once-in-a-lifetime exclusives, the ONLY exception being Excalibur Prime access. 

Primed Chamber would like to have a word with you on that one.

5 hours ago, IamLoco said:

I hope you also address one of the most severe bugs, that occurs in basically every mission:

Missing mods on our gear. This happens so often and it´s truely game-breaking.

You suddenly realise you´re doing 1-2 damage with your archgun and it takes 30 seconds to shred a crewship reactor, because all the mods on your gear are being ignored.

One thing that has already become sth like an "exploit" is the Slingshot tactic. If you exit the railjack via the slingshot and use it to crash into a fighter (not to board a crewship), you will end up with your standard warframe weapons in space. You can deactivate crewships with a burst from an Acceltra or shred through enemy fighters with Kuva Weapons. It´s a neat workaround to "fix" the crappy archgun damage we have right now.

Slingshot out - use the omnitool to teleport back - slingshot out....etc.

Turns out this can happen to the Railjack too. Flew a mission in Saturn and got DESTROYED the other day. Get back to the dry dock to discover that the ship had no avionics installed except one Phasic Weave.

In the past, using the RJ configuration interface has (apparently randomly) removed all installed avionics, but until now I assumed it was a visual bug only. Guess not!

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Primed Chamber would like to have a word with you on that one.

Primed chamber has been given out several times - approaching 20 different instances - in devstreams and such.

It’s still like winning the lottery or getting hit by lightning, but it’s not strictly exclusive to that one event.

16 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Since there are a lot of changes and quality of life fixes going into this hotfix (edit: such as new Squad Status in the UI overlay to indicate what your squadmates are doing on your Raijack), we didn’t feel it was ready for a release today.

The pilot is piloting, the boarder is boarding, the engineer is engineering but on cooldown, the noob that lied about his intrinsics is leeching. That's all the status board really needs to say

33 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Primed chamber has been given out several times - approaching 20 different instances - in devstreams and such.

It’s still like winning the lottery or getting hit by lightning, but it’s not strictly exclusive to that one event.

That's poor reasoning to keep it exclusive and you know it.

16 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

To follow on from Rebecca's tweet regarding a PC hotfix date, we wanted to keep you posted on the progress of our Railjack hotfixes. We are not planning a hotfix for today, but hope to get the first one of 2020 out as early as tomorrow!

There were a lot of bugs and requests sent to us over the holiday period and the team has been working diligently on improving your collective Railjack experience. We have already addressed some threads with tasters of what’s to come:

Since there are a lot of changes and quality of life fixes going into this hotfix (edit: such as new Squad Status in the UI overlay to indicate what your squadmates are doing on your Raijack), we didn’t feel it was ready for a release today. We want to thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the fixes when they go live on PC!

Hey, can we also get a fix for Railjack customization soon? The Engine color doesn't seem to change on any of the Railjacks, and the Caballero skin's colors are washed out. Thanks.

Archived