Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best frame recommendations

(XBOX)Majestik Falkor

Question

18 answers to this question

Rhino is pretty good to pick up early on.

You are going to pick up Oberon somewhere along the anyway and he isn't bad.

For Stealth Loki is really good, but you want to have corrupted mods for him.

Rhino is good for everything, so once you have him, you can just work towards whatever sounds like fun to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gluih said:

Rhino is pretty good to pick up early on.

You are going to pick up Oberon somewhere along the anyway and he isn't bad.

For Stealth Loki is really good, but you want to have corrupted mods for him.

Rhino is good for everything, so once you have him, you can just work towards whatever sounds like fun to you.

I have rhino built but I havent played with him yet and i just got the last part for Oberon yesterday. I only have 3 frame slots so i dont know who to pick and who to sell just yet. And i havent made it to corrupted mods yet, still not quite sure how those work 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Majestik Falkor said:

I only have 3 frame slots so i dont know who to pick and who to sell

I wouldn't sell any Frames (until you get their Prime, at least), get some Plat for more slots,
either via buying it or trading with other players, you can e.g. run random Relics in Fissures to get Prime parts to sell.

But yeah, Oberon and Rhino are hardly the worst ones to pick, nicely versatile Frames that'll do well in lotsa missions.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Majestik Falkor said:

i havent made it to corrupted mods yet, still not quite sure how those work

Corrupted Mods have a (strong) positive but also a negative effect,
e.g. Transient Fortitude at max Rank gives +55% Strength but also -27.5% Duration.

Or if you meant how where what, you get Corrupted Mods from Vaults found in random locations in the Orokin Derelict.
Mission keys (in Blueprint form) for the Derelict are in the Market, and to actually open Vaults,
you need to equip all 4 Dragon Keys (on yourself or spread over your Squad), the BPs for those are in Clan Research, Orokin Lab.

Basic Oberon is decent but he really shines when you have the prime version, his augments and some good mods to go along with him.

An endgame Oberon build is incredibly tough and gives enormous damage buff/enemy armor debuff.

Nezha is the frame that carries me through the starchart tho. He is easy to build and you can acquire his parts from any Dojo that researched him.

Few ways to look at this.

You're going to potentially be spending a lot of time in whatever Warframe.
You can either... find one that reduces that time as much as possible, or one that you'll enjoy using regardless.
Some people see the frames and such as a means to an end, others see them as personal expression.
It's like.. do you pick a character in a fighting game for their tournament worth, of how much you enjoy the feel and aesthetic of their combos?

A word of advice.. if you do strive to follow the meta, in order to have the, "best," you run the most overt risk of investing in something that gets nerfed.
Ultimately, it's down to what you're comfortable with. Whether that means you pick based on what speaks to you, or what gets the job done the easiest, you'll have to decide for yourself.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Majestik Falkor said:

I only have 3 frame slots so i dont know who to pick and who to sell just yet.

Make sure to level those frames you have to 30 first, before getting rid of any.
Frames are worth a lot of Mastery affinity.

You will be able to replace Excalibur once you can beat the boss on Mars,
Ember is from the boss on Saturn, and Rhino/Oberon are very easy to replace...
Though keep the ones you feel you enjoy the most.

Later on in the story, you will get another Warframe slot, and... no spoilers,
but there may be something just a bit better than Excalibur at doing the same job. 😉

8 hours ago, (XB1)Majestik Falkor said:

hey so im pretty newish still at the game. 
Is there any frames that i should be on the look out for or i should start building

Get Rhino ASAP. Optimize him and use him to unlock the rest of contents.

Actually looking for just a frame is not recommended, You should look for knowledge (such as warframe.wikia.com , or youtubers)
and a Master who can quickly guide your path.

I recommend that your first few frames are chosen to cover different purposes, e.g:

• Defense, e.g. Frost, Gara, Limbo
  • CC, e.g. Khora, Vauban, Nyx, Nova
  • AoE damage, e.g. Saryn, Ember
  • Stealth, e.g. Loki, Ivara
  • Single target damage, e.g. Valkyr, Mag
  • Tank, e.g. Inaros, Rhino, Chroma
  • Speed, e.g. Volt, Gauss
  • Support/Healing, e.g. Trinity, Oberon

Covering each of these categories will enable access to the large variety of different things you may want to do in the game. There might be more categories you can come up with, some frames may cover multiple categories, and that's in no way a comprehensive list of frames, it's just to give you an idea. It's also more complicated than that once you start considering the whole loadout (weapons, companions, etc).

So, for example, you might aim to get Frost, Mag, Nova, Ember, Trinity and Rhino as your first few frames, working through the starchart, and be confident you have the tools (after you collect the right mods and weapons for them, of course) to access/handle anything you might want to in the game.

Edited by schilds

You never know what frames you will enjoy using until you actually use them, so try them all.

For me, like others have said, I mostly swap warframes out based on the situation.  When i dont need a specific frame for a specific task,  then I divert to my feelings/nastalgia.

Like right now I am using Mag for general purpose stuff, even some Railjack.  She was my first warframe.  Lich's totally re-ignited the fun of using different frames.  I pulled Mag out of mothballs to create a Lich and then I bought her a skin and tried to come up with a better mod loadout.  I've been having alot of fun with her.  But I like to rock Ember, Valkyr, Garuda, Atlas, Nidus, Grendel, Mesa, Wisp and some others to.  I even pulled trinity out and was trying to have some fun with her.

--------------

Get your trade game going,  buy more slots so you dont have to choose either/or.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

46 minutes ago, schilds said:

I recommend that your first few frames are chosen to cover different purposes, e.g:

• Defense, e.g. Frost, Gara, Limbo
  • CC, e.g. Khora, Vauban, Nyx, Nova
  • AoE damage, e.g. Saryn, Ember
  • Stealth, e.g. Loki, Ivara
  • Single target damage, e.g. Valkyr, Mag
  • Tank, e.g. Inaros, Rhino, Chroma
  • Speed, e.g. Volt, Gauss
  • Support/Healing, e.g. Trinity, Oberon

Covering each of these categories will enable access to the large variety of different things you may want to do in the game. There might be more categories you can come up with, some frames may cover multiple categories, and that's in no way a comprehensive list of frames, it's just to give you an idea. It's also more complicated than that once you start considering the whole loadout (weapons, companions, etc).

So, for example, you might aim to get Frost, Mag, Nova, Ember, Trinity and Rhino as your first few frames, working through the starchart, and be confident you have the tools (after you collect the right mods and weapons for them, of course) to access/handle anything you might want to in the game.

Pretty good list. I would argue, that the single target and speed categories aren't that important.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Majestik Falkor said:

I have rhino built but I havent played with him yet and i just got the last part for Oberon yesterday. I only have 3 frame slots so i dont know who to pick and who to sell just yet. And i havent made it to corrupted mods yet, still not quite sure how those work 

When it comes to only having 3 slots, you have a few options. You can buy some plat, to help out with the slots specifically and spend the rest on cosmetics. I don't know if you spent your starting plat already, but iirc you can buy some warframe and weapon slots with that. Oberon and the frames you can pick up in the dojo you can pretty safely sell, if you don't like them and you haven't invested a reactor or forma into them. Never sell any prime frames. You can get a slot through nightwave. Ultimately you probably want to have all the frames (at least the prime version), so you have to spend plat on most of the slots.

As mentioned earlier, you can get them in the orokin derelict. I would recommend you google how getting them works.
There is a locked door in the derelict missions and you can unlock them with 1 of 4 keys. Each key has a negative effect while you have it in your gear wheel and you can get the blueprints in the orokin lab in your clan's dojo. To run the derelict missions, you also need a key and you get the blueprint for those in the market (iirc). Ideally you want to run capture. You used to only be able to carry one of the keys, but that has been changed, so you can just solo it now. Rhino is probably the best frame to do this, because his iron skin isn't affected by the negative effects of the keys. When you found the door, go inside and pick up the thing in the middle. When you leave the mission you get the corrupted mod.
They used to sell for a decent amount of plat, not sure how easy it is to find a buyer today. The warframe mods are worth ~20 plat I would say, so that's a good way to get plat early on.

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ a dit :

You never know what frames you will enjoy using until you actually use them, so try them all.

For me, like others have said, I mostly swap warframes out based on the situation.  When i dont need a specific frame for a specific task,  then I divert to my feelings/nastalgia.

Like right now I am using Mag for general purpose stuff, even some Railjack.  She was my first warframe.  Lich's totally re-ignited the fun of using different frames.  I pulled Mag out of mothballs to create a Lich and then I bought her a skin and tried to come up with a better mod loadout.  I've been having alot of fun with her.  But I like to rock Ember, Valkyr, Garuda, Atlas, Nidus, Grendel, Mesa, Wisp and some others to.  I even pulled trinity out and was trying to have some fun with her.

--------------

Get our trade game going,  buy more slots so you dont have to choose either/or.  

That's true as well. I never would have expected to enjoy Harrow this much when I got him. I expected a support healer and what I got was a headshot crit murder machine that is tanky af and gets energy the more he kills.

Lots of frame with proper mods are very powerful actually. And some have multiple interesting builds you wouldn't expect at first glance... as such, experimenting by playing them is your best bet.