Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Helen

(SWITCH) Empyrean: Update 27.0.5 Status: Live!

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

Why should we even get an update at all! Yeah! Its not like we *need* empyrean!

It was never about they should *have* to give us anything. We **ARE** a month behind. We have gotten not even an apology as a community, all i ever wanted was a real apology for the community, you know, to be treated as *humans* who support DE, instead of cattle that need to just keep logging in for our corporate overlords

To be honest and fair (a new concept for the internet, I know), DE did apologize several times when they told us the Switch release would be delayed.  I'm not sure why people want to act like they didn't.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Kadet said:

To be honest and fair (a new concept for the internet, I know), DE did apologize several times when they told us the Switch release would be delayed.  I'm not sure why people want to act like they didn't.

I see no "Sorry" in any switch announcements?

Maybe you're referring to an instant or two in a stream? Seems to me that this is the more direct way to communicate, i totally accept they may have said it during a stream, but they also spend a horrifically small amount of time on switch news in their devstreams.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

I see no "Sorry" in any switch announcements?

Maybe you're referring to an instant or two in a stream? Seems to me that this is the more direct way to communicate, i totally accept they may have said it during a stream, but they also spend a horrifically small amount of time on switch news in their devstreams.

Yeah, it was seen more so in the streams.  But too, I don't expect DE to apologize on Nintendo's behalf for not accepting certification requests over the holidays.  An apology might be seen to imply they made a mistake or did something wrong, and to me it seems like the situation was out of their control at the time.  They did express regret that the switch players would be lagging behind.

Just now, (NSW)Kadet said:

Yeah, it was seen more so in the streams.  But too, I don't expect DE to apologize on Nintendo's behalf for not accepting certification requests over the holidays.  An apology might be seen to imply they made a mistake or did something wrong, and to me it seems like the situation was out of their control at the time.  They did express regret that the switch players would be lagging behind.

I'm also not going to assume it was Nintendo's fault. We don't know if there was any part of a build before last night.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Helen:

Happy to clarify! Motion controls you're already familiar with like aiming with handheld weapons won't be affected. When Empyrean launches, there will be no motion controls enabled for controlling your Railjack specifically. So, motion controls that already exist aren't being removed, and you can expect us to add motion control capabilities to your Railjack in a future update!

Thanks a lot for answering our question 😊 We Nintennos are just so used to motion controls that when they are not there it feels like a stick on our controller is missing 🙈😅

Just now, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

I'm also not going to assume it was Nintendo's fault. We don't know if there was any part of a build before last night.

Its not "fault", its just timing. But there's no need to assume, its literally what DE said:

"While we were able to get Rising Tide out in a speedy fashion, the timing simply didn’t align for us to submit Empyrean to Cert before Nintendo closed for the holidays."

1 minute ago, (NSW)Kadet said:

Its not "fault", its just timing. But there's no need to assume, its literally what DE said:

"While we were able to get Rising Tide out in a speedy fashion, the timing simply didn’t align for us to submit Empyrean to Cert before Nintendo closed for the holidays."

I guess i will accept that they did give a non-answer then, but i still contend that this is all just excuses, no reasoning - maybe they hadn't written one line of switch code yet, maybe it was a single motion control trigger giving them pause - Still though, they have an outside studio to support Warframe on Switch, why was Switch not done in time? we have no reason to suspect Nintendo closed any earlier than anyone else, so *WHY*? 

So yeah, not "fault" but something happened and we are now at a delay, there has been harm to the community - maybe no one is at "fault" but when you have a team of professional communicators being paid a salary, and theyre saying nothing, its probably because they just can't put a good spin on it

Empyrean being delayed compared to the other platforms doesnt put us behind anything.  The only reason it seems like we're behind is because there are other platforms that get the same content that have it already.  The big but here is that it doesnt matter.  Them having the content in no way affects the Switch players.  We aren't locked out of participating in content with our friends because of this.  To look at it another way, if the other platforms didnt exist, how would we be affected by this delay?  The truth is, we wouldn't be affected. 

The only reason we were compensated for the previous delay is because we were locked out of time sensitive content.  The prime vaults are on a schedule and we weren't able to participate on that schedule.

Just now, (NSW)draugath said:

Empyrean being delayed compared to the other platforms doesnt put us behind anything.  The only reason it seems like we're behind is because there are other platforms that get the same content that have it already.  The big but here is that it doesnt matter.  Them having the content in no way affects the Switch players.  We aren't locked out of participating in content with our friends because of this.  To look at it another way, if the other platforms didnt exist, how would we be affected by this delay?  The truth is, we wouldn't be affected. 

The only reason we were compensated for the previous delay is because we were locked out of time sensitive content.  The prime vaults are on a schedule and we weren't able to participate on that schedule.

This presupposes that all Railjack-gated content (The New War) will also be similarly delayed for our platform.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

I guess i will accept that they did give a non-answer then, but i still contend that this is all just excuses, no reasoning - maybe they hadn't written one line of switch code yet, maybe it was a single motion control trigger giving them pause - Still though, they have an outside studio to support Warframe on Switch, why was Switch not done in time? we have no reason to suspect Nintendo closed any earlier than anyone else, so *WHY*? 

So yeah, not "fault" but something happened and we are now at a delay, there has been harm to the community - maybe no one is at "fault" but when you have a team of professional communicators being paid a salary, and theyre saying nothing, its probably because they just can't put a good spin on it

DE clearly stated the issue which was with the game size and issues that come about with the switch hardware limitations

(as stated here). Warframe i'd go out to say is the most intense game on the console and I'm surprised it can run, issues like this aren't surprising. Remember warframe is a first for nintendo having content updates etc  this like stated in streams has been a learning experience for Nintendo and DE, with DE even helping Nintendo make the experience more streamlined etc. Similar cert delays also happened when warframe on the ps4 and xbox were released.

It's like me blaming the cancellation of Metroid Prime 4 on "I bet they didn't have much work done and pretended to cancel it to buy more time". Digital Extremes couldn't just lie on an issue like that and its not fair to be calling them out for lying and excuses unless you have any actual evidence.Everything you've said has been from assumptions and guesses of what DE has or has not done you have no evidence for anything your saying. 

Keeping in mind the cert took even longer thanks to thanksgiving closing nintendo for a week and the awkward process things had been set back by a month and there just wasn't that line up allowing us to get empyrean before Christmas, everything had been pushed back and just wouldn't work out. Keep in mind that the cert would have to be sent in with some time before christmas so they could actually get it approved and ready to go so it makes sense it just wasn't ready.

I will agree it's unfair how we've been ignored and left in the dark with sorry's in the form of extra items and alerts. DE should've been more transparent and didn't do a great job at making the switch community feel valued and should do better at communicating between player and devs. They did what they can and I'm hoping we'll see better communication and things get easier as time goes on and we go into this year. the timing of christmas and empyrean coming out on other platforms so suddenly really didn't help and have made a bit of a mess in updates not even just to switch but PS4 and Xbox with the empyrean bug storm and balancing issues etc.

Giving criticism is fine and needed to keep a company on track but make it constructive.
Switch warframe is playing catch up and hopefully will be back with other consoles soon

vor 27 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae:

Do you have any idea how long it takes to make plattform specific changes ? The console versions of empyrean where already in development long before it launched for pc... The switch version takes the most development time and effort of the three consoles, because there is less performance to work with and specific requirements like a docked and a handheld mode, motion controls etc. Also panic button just helped with the porting in 2018. the ongoing work since then is done by DE alone. They also said everything there was to say. Sorry for not launching alongside the other versions before Christmas break because cert was not ready and a launch window in early 2020.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Evil_X said:

DE clearly stated the issue which was with the game size and issues that come about with the switch hardware limitations

(as stated here). Warframe i'd go out to say is the most intense game on the console and I'm surprised it can run, issues like this aren't surprising. Remember warframe is a first for nintendo having content updates etc  this like stated in streams has been a learning experience for Nintendo and DE, with DE even helping Nintendo make the experience more streamlined etc. Similar cert delays also happened when warframe on the ps4 and xbox were released.

It's like me blaming the cancellation of Metroid Prime 4 on "I bet they didn't have much work done and pretended to cancel it to buy more time". Digital Extremes couldn't just lie on an issue like that and its not fair to be calling them out for lying and excuses unless you have any actual evidence.Everything you've said has been from assumptions and guesses of what DE has or has not done you have no evidence for anything your saying. 

Keeping in mind the cert took even longer thanks to thanksgiving closing nintendo for a week and the awkward process things had been set back by a month and there just wasn't that line up allowing us to get empyrean before Christmas, everything had been pushed back and just wouldn't work out. Keep in mind that the cert would have to be sent in with some time before christmas so they could actually get it approved and ready to go so it makes sense it just wasn't ready.

I will agree it's unfair how we've been ignored and left in the dark with sorry's in the form of extra items and alerts. DE should've been more transparent and didn't do a great job at making the switch community feel valued and should do better at communicating between player and devs. They did what they can and I'm hoping we'll see better communication and things get easier as time goes on and we go into this year. the timing of christmas and empyrean coming out on other platforms so suddenly really didn't help and have made a bit of a mess in updates not even just to switch but PS4 and Xbox with the empyrean bug storm and balancing issues etc.

Giving criticism is fine and needed to keep a company on track but make it constructive.

Perhaps you didnt read my messages - i made no assertions other than "we are a month behind" and "DE spends a small amount of devstream time on switch" - i said that everything else was assumptions because we have no information to go on other than "it was not done"

I want answers, maybe its selfish to ask, maybe its because i feel i cant give actual constructive criticism to "we just dont have it" - as a teacher, if a student tells me "i don't know" with a blank face, my job is to ask questions and find out what they didn't know, how to fill in those gaps, how to help my students communicate what they cant understand - but my criticism here has been the same from the start, the communication from DE's team has been limited, which is fine if theyre just handing out doctrines from the king on high, but when you want to forge a community, and act like your team is members of that community, you gotta talk.

I wasn't even aware there were any delays in content for the Switch, tbh. Granted, I only just started playing it around Christmas (when I got a Switch), and as someone who played the XB1 version previously years ago, I'm only now trying to wrap my brain around all the QOL changes since 2015/2016, lmao.

Was the time when Switch caught up with other consoles and eventually updating at the same time a mistake? If we stayed late people wouldn't be having issues with the recent strings of delays lol

Delays are going to happen with any and all games no matter what. DE is not at fault here. They're doing the best they can with a console they barely just started making games for since a year ago. Clearly there will be problems adjusting certain things to the switch considering that it isnt as powerful as the other consoles/pc. On top of that you have to understand that people also have lives, they can't just be working 24/7, you people are monsters if you think all the do is work. They have kids, they have families, they have lives outside of work. Let's not blame them for not getting the switch version out earlier because we dont know anything about making video games. Let's just give them a break and THANK THEM for being able to even play the game on the switch, not many games from the other consoles have ported to the switch and seeing as warframe is such a big game with updates coming every other month or every 3 months, were basically witnessing a miracle. I'd like to say thank you to all the people at digital extremes for making this happen, and I dont care how long it takes for an update to come out, I'm just glad to be able to play it. 

I hope you guys realise that the only thing that DE is able to put live on all platforms is Nightwave. Everything else is always going to be delayd now. So we might as well get used to it. 

8 hours ago, (NSW)Cephalon_Carinae said:

Why should we even get an update at all! Yeah! Its not like we *need* empyrean!

It was never about they should *have* to give us anything. We **ARE** a month behind. We have gotten not even an apology as a community, all i ever wanted was a real apology for the community, you know, to be treated as *humans* who support DE, instead of cattle that need to just keep logging in for our corporate 

Yes and DE are people too they work to get this stuff out while we play a game missing something they should get a bonus for getting something out I think talking like that you need to stop making such a big deal out of things and do your research. Everytime there's a wait they give a reason

14 hours ago, Lancealotred said:

By any chance have you guys fixed a particular rifle riven. Called archgun it doesn't have a weapon it attaches too.

It is not a rifle Riven, it's a Archgun Riven.
Arch gun are the guns that you use on the Archwing missions and, futher on in Fortuna, bring them with you in any mission as heavy weapons.

I assume you haven't progressed that much in the story.

Just now, (NSW)DharakHasaki said:

Low key hoping we get red text today😎

Same, but not gonna hold my breath because it only went out to cert a couple days ago.

37 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Same, but not gonna hold my breath because it only went out to cert a couple days ago.

It's happened a couple of times on Switch. Remember when we got Old Blood seemingly out of the blue after only being in cert for a day or two?