Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Test #8 -- A jump too far

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I've been practicing this test all day.  I haven't made it once. I am consistently jump over the next platform.  I try aiming higher, aiming lower, running start, walking start ... and still I sail just past the end of the platform.  I tried releasing the joystick as soon as I'm airborne, and then I do a nose dive and I'm too short.

I think aiming up vs looking down increases the height, but what controls the distance?  Are the two connected, so the higher you aim the shorter you jump?

HELP!

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I've been practicing this test all day.  I haven't made it once. I am consistently jump over the next platform.  I try aiming higher, aiming lower, running start, walking start ... and still I sail just past the end of the platform.  I tried releasing the joystick as soon as I'm airborne, and then I do a nose dive and I'm too short.

I think aiming up vs looking down increases the height, but what controls the distance?  Are the two connected, so the higher you aim the shorter you jump?

HELP!

Bullet jump path is a parabola, meaning the higher you aim, the shorter you would land if you don't control the direction mid-air.  Bullet jump is also affected by "+X% bullet jump", and "+X% slide" if you bullet jump from a slide. 

If you have trouble landing bullet jump, try aiming your weapon while in the air. This will turn you into an slow motion air glide. Hold it for a longer glide up to 3 seconds. Releasing the aim button would make your frame lose most inertia and drop to the ground. Maybe this will make it easier for you to land on a platform as you kept jumping over.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

5 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

HELP!

Aim-glide (hold aim button when airborne) can make you glide further, there are also a glider mods such as https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mobilize.
While aim-gliding, you can perform some action, such as using AWSD to control the direction.
Also, you may aim at the ground and press melee button to do a sudden landing to where you are aiming at. 

Find a good master at any dojo to guide you, better than stuck with Warframe all day ?

I remember that one taking me some time, I think it was one of the last platforms that's hard to see until you are airborne and I kept missing it.

If you are using bullet jump or even a double bullet jump while aiming high, you can use the E (melee key) to do a slam attack and land on the platform.  Not the most efficient method but it can work in a pinch.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

This is soooo frustrating.  I can find more ways to screw this up.

Do you have to immediately start climbing the vertical wall, or is there a way to stick to it?

Is there a record for being stuck at a rank???

I had heck of a time myself. The vertical wall needs: look right up at the top of it, hold L2 then jump. Soon as you're up, grab your Wall Grab instantly and you bounce up to the top. I used Zephyr as her aim glide distance makes some parts cake. Titania can also laugh like a madwoman if you use Razorwing (with Energy Siphon Aura give her a couple seconds to get a good 200-300 Energy) and she can fly through it literally. Helps with the platform ones as she floats, shoot all enemies and never touch a platform. Mine had Flow, Intensify, Continuity all maxed and Energy Siphon to do them as at Rank 30 it gave her a 500-600 Energy cap somewhere and she drained it much slower than without those mods equipped.

On 2020-01-10 at 4:46 AM, SHArK-FiN said:

Wait until you get past MR8 and play MR9 test 🙂

So much this!

The MR 8 was tough until I realized that on the latter stages, where you end up after each jump is where you need to be (don't move forward or backward from where you initially land, as you'll fall short or overshoot). It took me around an hour of practice, and it was a breeze after that.

Now MR 9... Holy cow that was annoying! I failed it three days on the trot, even with repeated practice runs, as those Grineer have the visual range of the Hubble Space Telescope. In the end I had to use Skijati (thank God for Excal Umbra)!

MR 10 I did after two practice runs!

Stick with it, OP, you'll get there!

Edited by (XB1)TwinStripeUK
Spelling like Gollum...

You can't use abilities so Titania is of no help. Zypher lets me miss the platforms much slower. I figured Rhino would be a terrible jumper, but still go too far.

How do I jump shorter? Do I aim straight up? I'm doing a bullet jump, L1 + X. Is that the right way?  I spent over an hour, on/off, today. Best I can do is get to the vertical wall.

HELP!!!!