Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is PC so much easier when it comes to damage?

(XBOX)UwU0Senpai2

Question

I look at PC, damage numbers are flying everywhere and kuva liches are like nothing to the millions and millions of damage across all weapons including basic weapons. I understand xbox cant handle all the extra coding to all damage but it's annoying when endgame weapons with max damage as possible does nothing to a Lvl 5 Lich. I ask this because it took 4 MR28's to kill one lich. 

Could it be that the Lich they were fighting had a resistance against Corrosive or some other meta damage type?

Not sure if there's a difference in damages between console or PC, but would be interesting to know if there is.
Thanks for bringing this up, certainly gives me something to look into.

12 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Could it be that the Lich they were fighting had a resistance against Corrosive or some other meta damage type?

Not sure if there's a difference in damages between console or PC, but would be interesting to know if there is.
Thanks for bringing this up, certainly gives me something to look into

Yeah the liches are resistant to everything at lvl 5. But PC seems to bypass armor easily 

Just now, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

But PC seems to bypass armor easily 

That's interesting. I don't doubt it, just the first I've heard of it.

Far as I know the builds are practically identical, with the exception of plat costs and update schedules.
Though, I've never tried console. I'll keep this in mind.

Knowing little details like that helps in answering things on the forums, so I appreciate the insight. 😃
Best of luck to ya.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

Not really a good answer. But I bet your wrists are cramping to all that movement. Besides. The liches are moving like cheetahs. It's easy to aim. We have aim sensitivity too as well. 

My wrist is cramped up but for very different reasons. My aim is still better 🙂

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

That's interesting. I don't doubt it, just the first I've heard of it.

Far as I know the builds are practically identical, with the exception of plat costs and update schedules.
Though, I've never tried console. I'll keep this in mind.

Knowing little details like that helps in answering things on the forums, so I appreciate the insight. 😃
Best of luck to ya.

Keep in mind the max level for enemies on xbox is 155 yet pc can go up to 5000

5 minutes ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

max level for enemies on xbox is 155 yet pc can go up to 5000

That's something they're working to bring more in line.. by taking the top end from PC and narrowing down the intended scope to more clearly reflect a cap of 120-150 or wherever.

Did not know that, though. Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

Yeah the liches are resistant to everything at lvl 5. But PC seems to bypass armor easily 

Where did you get this idea?

I am playing on PC and rank5 lich is pain in the arse if my build is wrong and under power. 

A constant comparison would need the exact same type of lich resistance and immunity, with exactly the same weapon and same mod build.  Frame also play a large role buffing weapons, like wisp, rhino and chroma.

Bet how long it took for me to kill my last rank5 lich with slash immunity and resist to corrosive+viral. 

• Like 2

Liches only have a list of resistances and immunities that are decided upon birth; they don't change with lich level.

Liches only get stronger due to armour and health scaling (and damage scaling).

Go crit. The best crit weapons are heavy attack melee weapons, look to those with most base damage and range as you can't proc any status on them and if you can keep out of reach they can't throw you. Spam heavy attacks, done.

I recommend using Nezha as he is tanky and his Chakram's debuff will increase the damage you can do to the lich and he can slide during a heavy attack so you can dodge and reposition yourself while winding up your heavy attacks if needed.

2 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

Keep in mind the max level for enemies on xbox is 155

That's the first I've ever heard of this, what's your source for that claim?

Like, you're not just basing it off the max level of enemies you can spawn in the Simulacrum, are you?
Because that's governed by your MR, and the exact same limitation exists on PC, as well.

2 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

pc can go up to 5000

Pretty sure that's not an actual stopping point either, not least after there was that level 9999 Alert a good while back.

• Like 2

So far, my primary and secondary weapons feel very weak/underperforming against any lich.

Melee, on the other hand, melts liches of any rank in very few seconds without any issues.

However, once, and only once in ~20 liches, there was a lich resistant, or immune, to corrosive and a few other damage types. I built my melee weapon focused around its weaknesses, and its weaknesses only, but my melee weapon was barely dealing any damage to it. I had to resort to my exalted melee (Valkyr) to deal with it.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

11 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

but it's annoying when endgame weapons with max damage as possible does nothing to a Lvl 5 Lich. I ask this because it took 4 MR28's to kill one lich. 

I suspect this has a lot more to do with the lich turning the mission into chaos and the players then getting "unfocused" from the objective of killing the lich.  I'm 16 liches into my quest for all the weapons and I've killed all but one with the same spira prime modded with the same elements and crit.  Level 3 to 5 liches all and I don't even look at the immunities.

None of that matters when you're Ivara in prowl and the lich just stands there like an idiot while you kill it. 

11 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Liches only have a list of resistances and immunities that are decided upon birth; they don't change with lich level.

Liches only get stronger due to armour and health scaling (and damage scaling).

Go crit. The best crit weapons are heavy attack melee weapons, look to those with most base damage and range as you can't proc any status on them and if you can keep out of reach they can't throw you. Spam heavy attacks, done.

I recommend using Nezha as he is tanky and his Chakram's debuff will increase the damage you can do to the lich and he can slide during a heavy attack so you can dodge and reposition yourself while winding up your heavy attacks if needed.

Definitely! Nezha is my go-to Lich Hunter. Very hard to kill, and very, very fast.

Incidentally, liches can get new resistances and immunities as they level (per the Wiki and unfortunate personal experience -- I had a couple liches gain additional resistances or have a resistance become a full immunity).

12 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

11 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

Keep in mind the max level for enemies on xbox is 155 yet pc can go up to 5000

Someone has given you some very very bad information.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Not really 🙂

I've never looked up what their builds are like, though I did say,

14 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I'd say, "my b for giving someone the benefit of the doubt on something that means absolutely nothing to me," but that's not something I feel is worth apologizing over. You had your shot at a cheap dig at my expense for fun's sake. Hope it satisfied you, I suppose. 🙉

Edited by kapn655321

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

You had your shot at a cheap dig at my expense for fun's sake

Nope, just telling you not to believe everything you read on the internet. Doubting something doesn't mean you're acting knowledgable or authoritative. The two aren't really related.

• Like 1