Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive Legerdermain Range

My Legerdemain build has a high Range, but not super high. Currently I have it at 205% Range, giving it a cast/trap range of 82m, a gem explosion rnage of 16.4m, and a Legerdemain radius of 41m. Since the recent buff to the augment, I feel it really doesn't need as much Range as I have on it now. I prefer to lean a bit more toward Efficiency instead of maxing out Range, allowing for easier frequent casting to catch more Pickups.

Fun fact: when last I checked, Pets will trip Legerdemain traps, though they aren't damaged by them (probably unintended). If this is still true, keep in mind having a Pet in your loadout may lessen the efficacy of your Legerdemain.

6 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

My Legerdemain build has a high Range, but not super high. Currently I have it at 205% Range, giving it a cast/trap range of 82m, a gem explosion rnage of 16.4m, and a Legerdemain radius of 41m. Since the recent buff to the augment, I feel it really doesn't need as much Range as I have on it now. I prefer to lean a bit more toward Efficiency instead of maxing out Range, allowing for easier frequent casting to catch more Pickups.

Fun fact: when last I checked, Pets will trip Legerdemain traps, though they aren't damaged by them (probably unintended). If this is still true, keep in mind having a Pet in your loadout may lessen the efficacy of your Legerdemain.

Wait...you're telling me that this awesome augment I just found out about was buffed? In what way?

1 minute ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

In what way?

A few months ago they increased its damage from 250 up to 500 (also scales with Strength Mods, can't recall if it did before) and buffed its Status Chance from 60% to 100%. I feel like explosion range was also buffed, but I could be recalling that wrong. In any case, it makes the augment pretty awesome for persistent CC and minor damage when camping a room.

6 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

A few months ago they increased its damage from 250 up to 500 (also scales with Strength Mods, can't recall if it did before) and buffed its Status Chance from 60% to 100%. I feel like explosion range was also buffed, but I could be recalling that wrong. In any case, it makes the augment pretty awesome for persistent CC and minor damage when camping a room.

Hella damage with strength mods, I love it.

Oh, I just checked my setup and I'd forgotten something I do with this setup. My Legerdemain build runs the Mecha Set mods, which when fully equipped copy a slain mark target's status conditions to every enemy in 30m. Slowing everyone with Leger's abundant Cold procs, it's easy to single out the Marked target and hit 'em with a burst of damage and Status while you layer/refresh Leger Statuses and melt entire rooms at once. My favorite weapon to pair this with is a high-burst weapon with lots of Slash potential (Nagantaka, Tigris or a Hunter Munitions Cernos Prime). You could also do this with Melee Heavy Attacks that force Slash procs to essentially one-shot a wide radius of enemies.

12 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Oh, I just checked my setup and I'd forgotten something I do with this setup. My Legerdemain build runs the Mecha Set mods, which when fully equipped copy a slain mark target's status conditions to every enemy in 30m. Slowing everyone with Leger's abundant Cold procs, it's easy to single out the Marked target and hit 'em with a burst of damage and Status while you layer/refresh Leger Statuses and melt entire rooms at once. My favorite weapon to pair this with is a high-burst weapon with lots of Slash potential (Nagantaka, Tigris or a Hunter Munitions Cernos Prime). You could also do this with Melee Heavy Attacks that force Slash procs to essentially one-shot a wide radius of enemies.

bruh gotta gimme that build, that sounds strong.

On 2020-01-10 at 4:45 AM, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

bruh gotta gimme that build, that sounds strong.

So this is the build I have on Mirage Prime. No Forma and pretty flexible, so you can mix this up for more or less of whatever stats you like. It's not the tankiest, but it does alright by virtue of the augment slowing and/or stunning most enemies that get anywhere near you.

Then all you need is a Kubrow to carry the other two Mecha mods and mark those targets. Other than those 2 mods, the build can be whatever you want it to be. Maybe you could work in some Hunter set mods? It's really up to your preference.

My favorite weapon to pair this setup with is a Nagantaka with a build like this. Three Forma, two Vs and a Dash. I've stacked some Crit on here to occasionally beef the damage of Slash procs. I have Vigilante Fervor on here and you could replace this with Speed Trigger, but I haven't found it to make a significant difference to this strategy. Feel free to experiment with the build but the high Status, Slash and at least some source of Viral are essential. The most important gameplay thing with this is to use the crossbow's secondary fire to burst your entire magazine onto a target marked by the Mecha mods. You want to load that target with a Viral proc, and as many Bleed procs as you can before they all start ticking and the target dies. Once that target dies, the Viral (half health) and all the Slash procs copy to every enemy within 30 meters, and they all fall down within a second or two. This Mecha/Nagantaka setup also works especially well with Equinox, whose Maim pops an extra Bleed on there and can use the Mecha "nuke" to charge Maim's stored damage very quickly for a second radial nuke.

I haven't touched this setup in a while, since before the melee rework. You could probably find a Slash-forcing Heavy Attack setup that'd work really well with something like this. Happy hunting 😉

Edited by SenorClipClop

8 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

So this is the build I have on Mirage Prime. No Forma and pretty flexible, so you can mix this up for more or less of whatever stats you like. It's not the tankiest, but it does alright by virtue of the augment slowing and/or stunning most enemies that get anywhere near you.

Then all you need is a Kubrow to carry the other two Mecha mods and mark those targets. Other than those 2 mods, the build can be whatever you want it to be. Maybe you could work in some Hunter set mods? It's really up to your preference.

My favorite weapon to pair this setup with is a Nagantaka with a build like this. Three Forma, two Vs and a Dash. I've stacked some Crit on here to occasionally beef the damage of Slash procs. I have Vigilante Fervor on here and you could replace this with Speed Trigger, but I haven't found it to make a significant difference to this strategy. Feel free to experiment with the build but the high Status, Slash and at least some source of Viral are essential. The most important gameplay thing with this is to use the crossbow's secondary fire to burst your entire magazine onto a target marked by the Mecha mods. You want to load that target with a Viral proc, and as many Bleed procs as you can before they all start ticking and the target dies. Once that target dies, the Viral (half health) and all the Slash procs copy to every enemy within 30 meters, and they all fall down within a second or two. This Mecha/Nagantaka setup also works especially well with Equinox, whose Maim pops an extra Bleed on there and can use the Mecha "nuke" to charge Maim's stored damage very quickly for a second radial nuke.

I haven't touched this setup in a while, since before the melee rework. You could probably find a Slash-forcing Heavy Attack setup that'd work really well with something like this. Happy hunting 😉

Awesome, thanks brudda, imma try these builds out. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

190% Range is what I run. An alternative way to run Mirage if you choose to build her this way without a Kavat/Kubrow/Moa is to use Energy Conversion. Of course energy orbs will be converted via the augment, but if you bring a DethCube modded for Energy Generator with a hitscan Sentinel Weapon you can boost your proximity mine damage super high.

Definitely a great recommendation about the Mecha Set. I’ve only ever played with Equinox Maim with the Mecha Set, but Mirage Explosive Legerdemain is a great candidate as well.