Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban - Make All Abilities Like His 4, Tap Vs Hold

NinjaZeku

[This is a bit of a repost, but I still like the idea so I figured, why not give it its own topic.]

Minelayer, with its 4-in-1 cycle mechanic, was a really interesting idea, but ... is it actually necessary?

It can be a bit annoying to cycle through it to get to the effect you want, similar deal for Ivara / Khora
(let us choose what mode Venari starts in, same for mode switch weapons while we're at it ... eh, different topic)
but Booben is an especially bad case, since there's multiple things in Minelayer (well, not so much Vector Pad maybe)
that you may want to use frequently / keep up all the time, making his ability use kind of a chore.

So, how 'bout this, why not simply get rid of the cycle mechanic?
Make all his abilities work like his 4, give a different effect based on whether you Tap or Hold the button:

1 - Tether Coil / Tesla Nervos (you always charge Tesla to full anyways, the Augment working on tethered enemies seems fine)
2 - Overdriver / Vector Pad (now VP is out of the way until it's buffed / replaced lol)
3 - Flechette Orb / Orbital Strike (BTW, if used while aiming, give the OS throw a bit more oomph so it can reach further)
4 - Bastille / Vortex (same enhanced range / speed while aiming might be nice here ... or Hek, just give that to everything, actually)

Limited CC, buffs, damage, mass CC, all grouped together and overall more easily accessible, just seems so much neater 🙂

• Like 1

I want to steal his Vector pad asset and make a K-drive cart racer.. and then not return it to him.
It's good in theory, just like his bounce pad was.. but in execution it's easier not to bother.
Maybe overdriver is a tap for speed boost, and hold for a more competent damage buff. (It's like a sub par roar for 1 person. Why?)

I'd be for happy with these changes, though Orbital Strike being even slower might be a problem.