Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

[DE]Megan

Thanks for the hotfix! 
  Any chance we could get a search bar in the Armaments section in the Railjack preview screen? It would make comparing stats on the same weapons a lot less confusing, so we would know what to scrap and what to keep.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

Thanks for the changes DE. Since enemies will die faster, RJ missions should be a lot more efficient in time vs. reward investment now.

Also, thanks for removing the option to buy the repair drone. It felt very P2W and icky.

farming 50 plat by selling prime junk is still faster then farming for 3 weeks to build 50% of 1 gun

And no enemies are now harder to kill in veil. They are only easier to kill in normal missions. Veil fighters cant be killed before my Cryophons overheat now with a max polar coil

Damn. Quite a fine list of updates and changes, I must say. Fond of the idea of actually being able to find battle avionics, and use them thanks to the rebalanced fighters.

However, some points. Railjack ground enemies still have vastly more EHP than any other regular enemies in the game. To note, the Gokstad Officer at level 100 has four times as much total EHP as the Eidolon Hydrolyst (16.6 million vs 4.7 million) and isn't affected by Armour Stripping. Hell, even the Wolf of Saturn Six only had 2.6 million at that level, and could still be armour-stripped.

I get that you want them to be more dangerous since we fight fewer overall, but as I've said so many times, Numbers aren't challenging. Give them better AI or defensive abilities or something, don't just make enemies bullet sponges... it's not fun. You've done this for Railjack FIGHTERS, specifically the elite flak's shield, so why not the ground troops?

Furthermore, the Tunguska cannon is still useless at in the Veil, and arguably Saturn. Three shots from an UPGRADED Cannon is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Doubled the chance of obtaining Wreckage from End of Mission Rewards 

With that we must have bigger wreckage capacity. Because when having just one item per type it already is filling the limit. Also I paid platinum for additional Railjack inventory slots and seems that is just wasted money...

PvplzYD.png

Thank you for other fixes, that is helpful.

P.S.> The Crew ships in Veil Proxima as still too beefy for artilery fire. The level 34 crew ship is still have to take 2 artilery shots (with +55% forward artilery avionics). Need a fix.

Logged on to try out the new balance patch. It's looking good so far. Took about 14min on gian point but I was solo for half that time. Mk3 turret damage feels fair  so far. Marked avionics/bp is great.  Dirac count is really high and i'm wondering if it's usage will be expanded? Can't wait to see railjack expanded.

3 minutes ago, Monolake said:

at lower level new stats give more EHP up until lvl 26 where they would be ~equal,  at higher level in Veil lvl35  it's ~13300 new vs ~14000 before (for Tactis and Cutter)

so they reduced the EHP of a fighter ship in veil by 700 but removed the rhino buff and nerfed cryophon's while still keeping the healling bubbles YIKES DE 

2 hours ago, Ekzarcun said:

farming 50 plat by selling prime junk is still faster then farming for 3 weeks to build 50% of 1 gun

And no enemies are now harder to kill in veil. They are only easier to kill in normal missions. Veil fighters cant be killed before my Cryophons overheat now with a max polar coil

I have over a thousand reserve plat and nearly 5,000 in prime parts I've not sold. Platinum acquisition speed does not negate the argument that the existence of the drone felt very P2W. I refused to buy a single drone on principle and I'm happy it's gone.

And since I was not using Cryophons, enemies are easier to kill for me now.

Why do i have an Artillery in my Railjack? Its totally useless for Veil. It was a good Gun agains Crewships with Rhino Roar but now i cant even oneshot them with Zetki Forward Artillery. Back to Slingshot Boarder and never touch the Artillery. Good Job DE.

Fixed bug where Intrinsics could be kept on mission abort, which was never intended.

Did you add a better way to get Intrinsics, like from completing objectives? Nope.

(I did ctrl F looking for Intrinsics updates, I didn't see anything involving increases, just nerfs)

Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. 

So even if people used the Ivara method (I'm not going to say abused) and maxed them out now they have no incentive to continue playing until Command is released. (which by then the RJ in general will be much more polished)

The only thing people with 10-10-10-10 have to deal with is the inability to gain more, those that decided "DE will nerf this, but will implement something better" are still waiting for that something better, they can't spam rhino any more so the grind turned back into a slog at least the rewards are somewhat better.

BUT The most talked about discussion topic, WHY MK3 Wreckage doesn't match MK3 clan tech in minimum stats, so we're still going get Vidar Reactors with 11 Avionics.

Oh do we get a refund on rush repair drones lol?

I love how my mk3 cryophon with bonus damage went from 13k cold damage to 6k...

BTW still no fix towards forward artillery "crits" not destroying crewships that normal hits destroy.

also every time you enter a crewship via a slingshot as khora venari dies.

Is this how you want people to play less and less of RJ? The FIRST thing you should've done is to reduce the excessively high costs of repairing, not nerfing our Cryophons. You say that you halved armor but with the increased health and the nerfs now it takes LONGER to kill enemies. What are you even doing? Seriously, this is bad. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

Why did we make rail jack even easier than it already is????  The armour values needed to go up not down, I could already one or two shot most everything in veil proxima before the update. This is just gonna make rail jack missions not challenging at all like almost every other mission in warframe right now. a Zetki bulkhead railjack can already facetank almost everything and now the enemies are even easier to kill when it was already possible to one/two shot them.

Everything else is gr8 though thanks DE 🙂

can we get this treatment with titania please? were animation set is jarring as heck cause she should float during her walk/run as well considering her animation set, and maybe pretty please can you allow us to have the unique dodge/walk/run animations accompanied with certain warframe sets as well when their stance is equipped?

also on the note of the drones, i think the resource cost needs to be reduced if these are no longer a viable method of repairing the wreckage, it honestly just takes too damn much of a grind to get one peice of gear that im honestly not going to keep forever considering the RNG nature of the gamemode

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I have over a thousand reserve plat and nearly 5,000 in prime parts I've not selled. Platinum acquisition speed does not negate the argument that the existence of the drone felt very P2W. I refused to buy a single drone on principle and I'm happy it's gone.

And since I was not using Cryphons, enemies are easier to kill for me now.

YES the drone was bad! WE AGREE. But it was HELL of a better expirience then going through constant bugs\crashes\game breaking glitches for 7 days 6 hours per day in 1 game mode to farm for 20% of a SINGLE FLIPING GUN ON A MODULAR SPACE CRUISER that is now weaker now more then ever if before it took zekti 1 shot to deal with the space ships and other guns their entire clip. Now it OVERHEATS the zekti and only uses 90% of the clip of other guns i am not eaven going to mention how bad it is in veil where enemies can OUT RIGHT OVERHEAL the dmg most MK3 guns do and how hard it is using the DOME ARTILERY now without a rhino buff. I guess you have to go out and board them and have that 50\50 at crashing the game for you.

Remove the only way to farm intrinsics, nice one! why???

Oh wait, I have another thing... You bought Wreckage slots for plat and you gain NOTHING...

crashes of the whole game when you try to get back to your Dojo, because one player get stuck and the others in group get an host migration, couldnt use the railjack and have to abort the mission!!!... 

So we got some changes to Railjack element types, what about the Warframe Basic ones?

Though it could just be that I am too optimistic of DE resources.

Anyways, great update!

Glitches:

Razorback hacking terminals not working and bursa's having trash AI after the Mainline.

ESO long runs only being maintained from Warframe abilities and not through weapon usage alone because of stupidly fast decay (maybe have weapons give more efficiency, or switching weapons and killing in all different ways gives the most).

Shedu not triggering headshots for Harrow's Lasting Covenant augment unless shooting a Grineer butcher in the head because if the Shedu beam hits anything except on the head, it counts as a body shot and does headshot damage, thus not increasing the time of the covenant on the kill. (This glitch is prominent in every weapon, mod, and arcane that requires headshot kills). If you shoot and kill an enemy in the head, punchthrough and hit an enemy behind with a non DIRECT headshot, it will also not count. I think the headshot system needs fixing for all faction types (mostly infested and corpus moa's). There is nothing more demoralizing and such to cause you to not want to play with a headshot based build as with the current system. I want to use harrow, I want to use Vulkar's meticulous aim as well, but I can't because it only works on a rare amount of enemies. (try shooting a bombard in the head consistently with impact, fire, electric, gas, toxin, blast... every dang procs moves their head.

I would mention more glitches, but I don't have time to list every single one.

Thanks!

Hey that particle stacking effect you fixed on the Daikyu is also 'significantly' more present on the mutalist cernos. Like game performance crippling rather quickly on a good machine. It seems like a change was done somewhere that is likely affecting some other things as well. I've hardly been able to use my mutalist cernos, and I'm not sure if it affects teammates.

I would say that there's a lot of unpack, but there is not. Though i still trying to keep in mind that this is the "first from the wave of hotfixes" as was mentioned over other WFs social media.
Every potential positive i noted for myself, as i glimpsed over wall-of-text changes, literally went out of the window as i scrolled through first 3-4 player reply pages.
Quick post on fighter armor changes from Marcus mentioned that they were happy with sandbox changes with halved armor values, alright, and now it came with HP changes (buffs) on top of Particle proc effectiveness reduction and look - it seems fighter somehow ended up with more eHP and are harded to kill.
Do i need to mention that all turret options aside from Cryophon (so 4 out of 5) have laughable base status, that can't be increased via any mods or given more damage iteration via multishot, cause.. there's none?

To wrap that all up, please don't play dumb on overall RJ resource economy, it's still extremely blown out of proportions, especially given that there were supposed to be some sort of progression from MK1 to MK3, but guess why people skipped straight to Veil and MK3 parts? Really insightful, lmao.
You guys used "we didn't have a person responsible for economy (or with economy degree)" - excuse with PoE launch more than 2 years ago.
Still missing THE economy-guy, huh?

Archived