Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

[DE]Megan

Not fixing the issue that I have with intrinsics. And somewhat with Railjack in general:

I don't mind 20-25 minute long Railjack missions. But the rewards (especially the intrinsic points for me) are not worth 20-25 minutes of my time. I can play 2-3 Railjack missions a day, I don't have much more time with Nightwave and some relic opening for Baro. But getting 3-7 intrinsics per run, maybe 15 an hour is just not worth my time.

And when you look at what is giving intrinsics, my favorite role, piloting, is next to useless. you dont get affinity for dodging, or killing sledges (it seems). So the more you dodge and avoid damage, the less affinity/intrinsics you get. All that damage could have been repaired for affinity and the intruders could have gotten killed for the same.

Rip veiljack speedruns.

Main gun is useless in veil even with the zekti forward artillery avionic.

At least the rush cost for parts was reduced from 50 to 20, so a nerf in our favor, for now.

As for drops, meh used to getting a lot of junk so whatever.

Overall, until I can find a decent space sim, this'll do.

Damage related changes in Railjack, but not touching how hard you say, nerfed Velocitus into being completely useless?
where it has Base Damage equal to like 0.5-0.75 seconds of fire from any other Weapon (so almost less time than it even takes to Charge even with Shell Rush), and STILL not having an appropriate Crit Chance for a slow shooting Weapon?

this is still insulting that you think these are appropriate Stats for a Spike Damage Weapon.
1200 Base Damage as parity with ground would be the bare minimum, and it should really have a 50% Crit Chance.

"but that would mean it can oneshot Fighters in Railjack!!!"
YEAH THAT'S THE POINT, IT SHOOTS LIKE 0.3 SHOTS PER SECOND

Doubled the chance of obtaining Wreckage from End of Mission Rewards 
[...]. However, we needed to reduce the chance of obtaining Relics to accommodate the Wreckage increase.

That's fine, no one plays a 30+ minute mission in the Veil to get one Relic. Increasing the Wreckage chance was needed, especially considering many if not most of them have garbage stats that are worse than the baseline Sigma model... Many of us have finally found a non-Zetki reactor only to find that it's objectively inferior. Are you planning on reviewing that part, too? 

Besides... we need some worthwhile rewards for Railjack. Worthwhile in the scope of the overall game, that is. Right now, Railjack is almost like Archwing, mostly secluded from the rest of the game and basically its own thing. My squad and I got the Quellor, the Pennant and the Shedu. So... why go back to Railjack? To find the super-rare special sentient crates in the Outpost? nah. Grind out Intrinsics for some Mastery points? nah. Those are side-objectives. So here's your reminder that Warframe Arcanes are still exclusive to those stupid Eidolons. Open them up already. Please. Change Veil Proxima rewards to 1 stack of resources (that's bigger than an Earth Proxima drop), 1 Warframe Arcane, 1 Wreckage or Relic Pack. The Veil is under Sentient influence, Eidolons who drop Arcanes are Sentient remains, so it wouldn't be completely absurd to find Arcanes in the Veil, I think... 
Unless people have ways to complete Veil missions really fast, Eidolons should still be faster for Arcanes and Disruptions (or any other mission, really) still faster for Relics that way while giving us a reasonable incentive to keep playing Railjack. The mode is kinda fun, but also highly repetitive, drawn-out and ultimately unrewarding

Lowering railjack enemy armor isn't enough. They scale WAY too hard, including their health and damage.

Additionally, enemy missiles should not continue tracking their target after they're dodged. Why do you think Amesha is the only archwing used? You MUST tank all hits to engage enemies. There's not even a visual effect when players are hit, and the missiles are basically silent with no map element - how are players supposed to engage 20 enemies if they're just spammed to death from all sides with nothing significant communicated to the player? Does DE even consider things like this or are only the visual aesthetics and stats given any mind?

Avionics capacity should have been worked into a progression instead of a raw RNG drop. Same goes for all the salvage drops. Don't go duplicating Anthem's loot system - there are reasons that game is dead.

Just logged in to play Railjack to discover this patch has somehow managed to break piloting controls and movement.
Targeting icon will switch between inverted / standard. Yaw changes to Roll. Rail-jack becomes immobile.
The movement issues sometimes transferred or occurred on AW where It was noted that i could not move forward in some occasions.

I initially thought this was due to interior damage but it also will occur when no damage is indicated.
If this is some intended mechanic it will make solo play impossible. 

PS. Also as an aside why the hell does boosting have a rubberband (sudden forward acceleration) effect at its completion?
ie boosting back ways to make some space only to be thrown forward again once boost is canceled.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed bug where Intrinsics could be kept on mission abort, which was never intended.

Considering 5 intrinsics per 7min run,that's about 24h of playing 1 mission over and over just to max 1 tree.That is way too long.~10h per tree would somewhat make sense.

Listing it as a bug brings back loot nerf. Both of those are intended mechanics,but because you deem them too strong,you "fix" them.I hope that you will revert this change,as you did with loot nerf.

Don't be afraid to list nerfs as nerfs.

Starting with negative and then making neutral changes makes you remain at negative.

Why is it in ten minutes of playing TEN MINUTES!! we can find bugs that u miss that are created from the new updates?  And the Omni tool is still a pain in the ass.. just make it a permanent gear tool.

And now with the "changes to fighter armour/health" we have to retest all the Archwings and Archguns to see what works again but its now changing back to a less-fun grindfest. 

DE Play your/our game as players, use fake names and join pub squads..get a group of player testers to give you real feedback.

Just my personal opinion but they could remove relics from the loot list all together and use that to boost reactor drops. Especially since they are not addressing reactor drops being worse than the Sigma MKIII's. What exactly is the use of a Zetki reactor that only has +11 avionics on it!? So you remove the Sigma MKIII (which is +50 avionics) and replace it with something not even of equivalent value. How about making the clan MKIII's as the base stats for what we farm for. There would be no reason to ever farm for something worse than what we can craft at the dojo. This should have be addressed as it is a major failing in railjack. How much time do we need to spend in the game to get a .2% drop for something that is actually required for a veil proxima worthy railjack?

5 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

-snip-

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

-snip-

Seeing how many fixes you delivered in this hotfix make me feel hope for some of the long abandoned content to finally receive some attention from you.

1. We have not yet received a single fix of the imbalances in the current annihilation part of the conclave. Several players dedicated to the mode already posted overwhelming amount of feedback and bugs, and the video that Stormdragon shared in his reply is propably the best source to see what do any new/veteran player struggles with. Even content creators like Raethelious and Ashisogi Tenno have mentioned this in their videos, though there is much to be desired in their feedback, since their experience in conclave is close to nonexistent. One recurring thing is however true, regardless of if it is spoken by conclave veteran or total noob:

Your (DE) lack of interest to fix/advertise/bring-to-life the PvP modes has brought problems that piled up to the point everyone starting conclave immidietaly hates it. This isn't even because of the imbalance, but recurring bugs, lack of thought what could be a really neat addition, incentivizing and giving us long ago promised tournaments and so on. The list can go over and over, and i will not write everything down. But one thing is true. Try to implement something worthwile in conclave, like clan-based framework for creating event with rewards from clan vault. This suggestion appeared in the Ashisogin "Real Talk" video, and i think is brilliant one, since it lets create conclave based content, while at the same time giving additional purpouse for clans, which nowadays is only for flexing in PvE "who-has-most-time-to-spend-in-survival-mode-to-get-most-points-in-event" thing, as well as a base for buying blueprints. THAT'S IT. No more interaction. Even writing in clan chat for "hey lets railjack" can be substituted by recruitment squad chat now.

Next thing is lack of DE-side conclave dedicated servers. Nowadays every PvP game has dedicated servers to remove bad ping numbers. It should never be the case for someone to host a game, have perfect reaction time against other player who has 200 ping, just because host has bad internet and that is the only option. There are servers that other players host yes, but they don't have 100% or 95%-ish uptime. Then you see people that just don't care, host having bad internet only to say "i don't care" because they want rewards, putting other players in the situation of forcing them to play at said 200-300 ping, even in the same region. This especially hurt lunaro, where players desync from the host, for other players they seem sitting in one spot while ball teleports across whole arena when he/she catch it.  Then there is thing like Unstable ball knocking you down, because of latenency, that for some reason you are being affected by unstable YOU are trying to shoot. Not to even mention about recent "no momentum when client check the ball" bug.

Take note that this "desync" happens on those dedicated servers as well! Improve the net-code pls. It wil not only improve the PvP experience but will also improve PvE comfort as well.

2. On the positive side, you made many nice changes to Railjack, but a few concern me still, and those are:

• NO information IN-GAME of which elemental/physical damage types change to what Railjack-type damages
  • Random stat rolls ranges are still too big, people are forced to farm after they find MK3 parts being worse than MK2 that they already have, EVEN LIKE Vidar Reactor
  • Asterite is not the problem (at least for me), the problematic resource is Titanium, because people speedrun through missions and don't destroy asteroids that give those.
  • Would be nice to have more friendly "how-it-works" guide for RJ.
  • Random stats could be enhanced (NOT REROLLED! ENHANCED, INCREASED!) by spending Dirac on already build items. For example 225 Dirac per enhance, that would increase the value by 30% of the "missing" statistic, doubling the price with each enhance.
  • Add a "riven-overflow"-like menu to the Railjack wreckage system, before wreckages gets auto-scrapped FFS. Add this so we could see which items would we like to scrap beforehand. Many players have lost potentially Vidar or so equipment because it so happened they got 6 wreckages before returning to dojo and it actually overflow the 30 maximum capacity!

How could the "enhance" improvement work? Here is an example:

Zetki Reactor MK3 +20 avionics has been built, maximum roll is +50. An enhancement will be "floor((50 - current_roll) * 0.3)" = 9, and it would cost 225 Dirac, meaning exactly the same as the gain of salvaging 1 wreckage of the same Tier. That gives +29 cap reactor in the process.

Next upgrade would cost double (450) and would again improve 30% of missing value compared to max roll floor((50- 29) *0,3) = floor(6.3) ~ 6. New Value is now +35. This goes on until player is satisfied.

Let us Use Dirac this way, since we currently don't have much to do with it once we got all the slots maxed and mods leveled up. It would also mean garbage roll items could still be put to decent values after putting some effort into them.

EDIT: I see my post was moderated to remove the citations material. Those were essential to highlight information i referred to, I want this back DX

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Damage related changes in Railjack, but not touching how hard you say, nerfed Velocitus into being completely useless?

Let's be honest, most if not all archguns are having a hard time right now. The corvas, the grattler, the larkspur. Imperator vandal phaedra and cyngas are the only ones I've seen used in the passed few weeks and my assumption is this recent status nerf probably knocked those down a peg as well.

Velocitus is a space sniper. Given that its unwieldly to use, requires lead and charge time, it should absolutely be oneshotting whatever it hits. DE just has their priorities elsewhere right now, clearly.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Weapon & Proc Adjustments:

Sounds fair. Weapon balance was a little wacky with a lot of pointlessly weak Turrets. Hopefully this helps. I still say replace "status chance" with "status magnitude" and scale status effects based on that. Regardless of where you set it, the Particle status effect will always benefit rapid-firing weapons over slow-firing ones simply because all of them debuff by the same amount per shot. Scale THAT between weapons.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rush Repair Drone Removed from Market:

Good. This is a good choice. Speaking as a whale, I bought one of these and immediately felt dirty for it. In the interest of fairness, I can understand the rationale behind paying Plat to rush timers, but Repair Drones felt incredibly cheesy, especially for an RNG item system. Taking them off the market is a good move and very much appreciated.

Don't mean to comment on all of the changes, but most of this is pretty solid. I look forward to more hotfixes, hopefully a "wear and tare" slider for the Railjack interior, maybe?

4 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

If you guys don't want to increase the vacuum range, maybe give us "loot drone" gear.... like seeker drones that we can deploy to loot "x" number of items for us, within "x" amount of range.

But as additional gear (separate to missiles)... not as an avionics. 

Edit: 

also thanks for the wisp animations!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Maybe DE integrate the Extractor drones to the railjack and the dry dock research and add some drones and use them in the heat of battle?
saving time with a new drone design making and adding new codes perhaps?

14 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Let's be honest, most if not all archguns are having a hard time right now. The corvas, the grattler, the larkspur. Imperator vandal phaedra and cyngas are the only ones I've seen used in the passed few weeks and my assumption is this recent status nerf probably knocked those down a peg as well.

they actually just nerfed everything but Cyngas with their 'anti-meta' changes to Damage/Status, as usual. hilarious since i'm sure they almost exclusively watched 'that one video' and nothing else and tried to nerf it and like usual nerfed everything else in the entire game except it.

(also yes any Archwing Gun other than Imperator/Phaedra/Cyngas is just trash but Velocitus was the most offensive one to me)

4 часа назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Rush Repair Drone Removed from Market:
We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the  end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward - just not as a Market item. 

Imagine removing unfair, broken, literally pay2win stuff ONE MONTH after everyone who wanted exploited it to the ground, "constructed" everything with a single click at day one and basically done with Empyrean forever. Wasn't too obvious for you?

Fixing resource cost when

Fixing random stats when

Fixing drops when. 2% to 4% isnt fixing. Mission that takes a lot of time so we can roll for a 2-4% chance item then roll it for stats. Does anyone really think this is okay? That this is a good idea? 

Not the hotfix that gonna make me comr back but thx I guess

Archived