[DE]Megan

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

Ugh. Nerfing Cryophon into the ground was uncalled when killing one fighter in Veil is already slow. But after Itzal I am not surprised anymore.

You should think over what you want with Railjack. A fast paced shooter, closer to a shoot-em-up or a slow paced, almost space sim or RTS like space game, which is the exact opposite what the original Warframe groundplay is and wont resonate well with the playerbase. Make the fighters super easy to kill with good guns, but double the spawn. Let the bigger, fewer ships be the bulletsponges only.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Saberfrost said:

R10 Piloting is actually good since it works in tandem with one of the Railjack abilities. If you were a good pilot you'd know how easy it is to bump into stuff to.

Damn son, you combo'd being defensive and wrong with assuming I'm a bad pilot.

cheevo unlocked

Also a good pilot doesn't bump into S#&$. git gud.

• Like 3

This is how I feel regarding the Repair Drones at release to get not insane about the costs of the parts

a55a200743b326b355f3117b8d240fd5--disney

Somewhere in a far far away Universe the Imperium felt the accomplishment.

7f0e375a58df238dccf8682ecbab477b.jpg

• Like 1

Only fixs, thank god, we need more of this and less "new content", adressing bugs and issues for a period of time should be your focus for now, thanks for this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gravemind93 said:

Damn son, you combo'd being defensive and wrong with assuming I'm a bad pilot.

cheevo unlocked

Also a good pilot doesn't bump into S#&$. git gud.

Found the salt miner.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Our intent is to make Railjack weapons more effective on their own.

And yet this nerf to powers went in without any adjustment to the main gun.  It is now unsatisfying, underpowered and ineffective.  We need a way to destroy crew ships without boarding them.  They are boring and risky due to bugs.  Continue to “iterate” on this.

Repair drones

you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market.

I do not agree with this argument.  The entire experience is ramming through missions as fast as possible to roll Vidar reactors and engines.  It’s not a fun experience and it is unaffected by repair drones.

Just played a solo spy mission with Ivara Prime - I love the new prowl effect, very nicely done!

This is a terrible balance patch, you're basically just nerfing what was good without really giving an alternative. Ship gun situation is more terrible than before. Forward Artillery is completely useless in Veil now. Killing stuff with battle avionics is now the best way to go (it was before as well but good Arch-guns at least did *something*). Buffing the wrackage reward is probably the only good thing about this patch but it's still way too much RNG and the grind feels like in an action RPG (Diablo, PoE, etc.).

Removing repair drones now is a terrible attempt of post-fixing. You had them for week now (maybe you didn't realize since you guys were on vacation), removing them now makes it worse for people who join the grind at this point. Because everyone else used them. Same with intrinsic points. People who already grinded them over max get to keep them. Making this an unfair advantage over those who start the grind at this point. On the other hand, just taking them away for everyone would of course be unfair to people who already grinded them.

You suddenly start doing what other game companies do and I don't understand why. When something appears to be too strong, you just hit with the nerf hammer and hope for better balance. But what you are actually doing is first giving people something to play with and then take it away. Like you'd give a toy to a child and wonder why they're crying when you take it away afterwards. Now this isn't supposed to sound salty. I'm at 4x10 Intrinsics, got a near perfect version of all the MK-3 weapons, have 10 left-over repair drones and over 1000 intrinsic points over max. Since I got a lot of resources, platinum (most from trading), weapons, rivens, frames, etc. I can always just adapt to whatever is best now (and something always will be). If that wasn't the case and if I joined the game at this point as a new player, I'd probably be pissed because certain things were possible or achievable that are no longer achievable (like gathering intrinsics, buying repair drones) or if I just started the game quite recently, mainly focussing on railjack, I'd probably be pissed because I had probably invested into something that is more or less useless now.

To be constructive here I'll give you a few examples of what you should have done:

- Instead of removing repair drones at this point (you messes up the situation already), you should have come up with an alternative for the next batch of weapons sometime in the future. Say you were adding another Proxima sometime later, you could just make them not work for MK-4 weapons.

- Instead of removing the possibility to get intrinsic points over max (again you messed up the situation already), you should just have added a power creep to the next available skill tree (i.e. Command). For example if rank 1 of that tree would cost 300 points but when it becomes available you'd also add the possiblity to earn a lot more intrinsic points (e.g. in new content, game modes or whatever), it wouldn't feel like you have taking anyone anything away.

- Instead making weapons like Cyngas (Arch-gun) oder Cryophon (Ship gun) worse now, you should have worked on something to improve the other arch-guns, ship weapons, warframes or  archwings for this game mode.

Now you can just go along with that strategy... Nerf Amesha, nerf void hole/munitions vortex, nerf whatever weapon, Warframe oder Warframe ability feels too powerful. But you will never achieve better balance this way. Just something else will take their place. In the end you will probably realize that unless you make everything pretty much the same, certain setups or items will be best for certain kind of content. If you want more diversity here, work on improving stuff that has no place in this game instead of messing stuff up that works fine.

I personally will stop playing Railjack at least until you add some new content to it, because min-maxing my ship, my setups, etc. feels pointless to me now. Min-maxing is actually something I enjoy but with drastic sudden changes like these, I don't know in which direction you will go. Probably you don't know either.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Czin said:

Now give us a more rewarding intended Intrinsic farm please.

let me tell you a secret, doing normal missions and stealth killing boarders actually is better than aborting galleon consntantly

2 hours ago, Opetyr said:

-Snip-

wut, they didnt nerfed weapons, if anything they buffed many of them that increased range is nice

Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. 

We needed an infinite sink instead. Just a small stat increase with logarithmic scaling or something. Intrinsics could've been a good way to make sure that even if you werent getting much from railjack you were always getting something. 

The balance changes to enemies and weapons for railjack are very welcome and seem to all be good.

It would've been nice to get some of the simple but high impact changes before the holidays instead of after. Like the wreckage droprate changes and the removal of the repair drone. 
I'm allowed to feel bad about all the the vidar engines and reactors I could've gotten if that change had come before the holidays right?

Props for not increasing intrinsic gains.

2 hours ago, Pixydis said:

One step forward, three steps back.

Gotta check your footwork DE, what kind of waltz is that?

Oh how typical.

It goes rap-tap-tap-tap you know.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Sibernetika:

I'm not happy with this.. we used Ivara's lines to mark the front of the ship so we know could better orientate ourselves when using the gunners

You can use the minimap. So you dont really need that.

I cant fire missiles now in the RJ. It just says "Secondary Fire", but when I press the assigned key nothing happens. Please help. 

after 4 years playing this game you realize the pattern that DE makes all the time they make a new update ,at first it's bugged the hell out of it ,some bugs are good others terrible

how they address the situation ?: fixing the good bugs which make everyone enjoy they new content and give then a reason to actually play it, and keep the terrible bugs so people can feel the pain and frustration of been the community testers playing the new thing 

how about for 2020 we change that? fixing the terrible and leaving the good ones?at this point you are punish for playing unpolish updates ,also when you fix every terrible bug in the update or at least a very huge amounts of them ,at that point you can fix the good ones and no one will complain about it 

Edited by Engilore

Increased fighter health to compensate?  DE, do you run your own numbers?  With those increases, actual EHP has only been reduced by about 10% even at higher levels.  Even the elites are only down to ~70% of their original EHP.  We lost Rhino Buff and over half of the cryophon's damage for that?

EDIT: Also, Cryophon crit damage was similarly nerfed from 2.0 to 1.5, which DE failed to mention.

Edited by Soulgazer
  • Like 3

Thanks for the fix, Can you also add a marker for every ressources in railjack mission, it's not like all the ressources we drop in are important for every railjack craft

Gamepad controls get bugg after changing some railjack setting, making it impossible to control railjack using gamepad. After resetting the controls settings to default they will work again, but the up buttons will not work on the gamepad, only the keyboard works.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed bug where Intrinsics could be kept on mission abort, which was never intended.

Lol, time to stop playing this mode entirely, I guess.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hellsing said:

So what about us that didn't have the time to farm 1023 excess points for Commander class? That's kind of unfair here.

This was my first thought too. I'd better not max out so I can dump into command when it hits, that is my highest priority with intrinsics!

52 minutes ago, Senguash said:

It would've been nice to get some of the simple but high impact changes before the holidays instead of after. Like the wreckage droprate changes and the removal of the repair drone. 
I'm allowed to feel bad about all the the vidar engines and reactors I could've gotten if that change had come before the holidays right?

You are definitely allowed to feel bad that your time wasn't well respected, but you definitely shouldn't be surprised or even phased at this point.

This is how DE operates: releasing content unpolished in terms of grind, time investments, and pacing. Then, waiting for people to criticize the update and point out continuously repeated mistakes that just seem to keep happening. Finally lessening the required gameplay. This has happened to every major update of 2019 and years prior. Empyrean is no exception. Nobody is perfect and I expect any normal person/company to make mistakes, but to make repeated mistakes from 2015 up to now in a 2019 update? Like really? I can only personally go back 4 years because prior to that is before I had an account.

It is indeed possible to not feel this way about DE not caring for your initial time put in that is undermined later, it just requires you to stop playing updates on release and waiting anywhere from a week to a few months before starting your progression.

52 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Props for not increasing intrinsic gains.

Don't worry, it will be easier later just like Focus.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

It just works.

So how about a bug fix for this to DE or are we done with Fortuna? We're still missing that 3rd Orb Mother! We haven't forgotten!

Edited by Saberfrost

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. 

*there should be a laughing pepe face, but modders nerfed it*

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Decreased the effectiveness of the Particle proc but increased its Duration

• Reduced to 7.5% damage bonus per hit, still stacks, and lasts 20 seconds. The exponential growth and short duration meant this was far more beneficial to rapid-fire guns than anything else.

Yay! More wasted time! Solo players are VERY grateful for addition of Command Intrinsics to negate this huge unreasonable nerf.

Edited by FollowTheFaceless
  • Like 3