Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

[DE]Megan

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mint-Parfait:

It has been months of melee being unplayable. Please add a toggle for hold to heavy attack.

The funny thing is, even when I use a weapon with 2.17 attack speed (some joke build I made using every speed+ mod i own) this never happens until something delays the game for a couple of frames.

Please note, I run the game at 60 fps vsync and solo.

Theory A: Higher frame rates reduce the "button hold" check, as more fps flood into the check at once "if hold for 30 frames, then". Because higher fps means lower latency between frames. 30 frames at 16.66ms (at 60 fps) is still a window of ~500ms to hold a button instead of 30 frames at 8.33ms (at 120fps) = 250ms

Theory B: Something freezes the game for a few milliseconds, if you happen to push E at that window, it's treated as "hold" instead.

Theory C : This may be far-fetched, but I think this happens as a client ONLY.

Theory D : The rare loot pop-in for Pustrels, Argon-Crystals all the other stuff does cause this. It already interrupts "mouse hold" by releasing it before the hardware is released so.. guess what. 

Theory E : The game freezes my network during login, so something in the netcode seem to stall - which means B C and D at the same time being related

we still suffering from RNG. that RNG, only RNG was in 2019, and still RNG. 

kuva lich weapon type is RNG, weapon bonus % is RNG

farmed railjack weapon and equipment type also RNG, that weapon and equipment's bonus % also RNG, that weapon and equipment's house also RNG(mission reward)

sentient reinforced cache spawn RNG, and tenebrous ephemera dropped from that also RNG,( I literally remember DE said ephemeras are for veteran user who grinding time and effort. )

and now. u mentioned nothing about RNG.

GIF by moodman

happy 2020.....?

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. 

Please make it cap at 1023 after we max the initial 4. There is still the unreleased Command tree which needs 1023 points to max.

Fixed bug where Intrinsics could be kept on mission abort, which was never intended.

It is exactly how affinities (that are supposed to be converted to Intrinsics) work. Affinities only lose their bonuses (which is a huge chunk of affinity gain) value when aborted.

Proposed solution: make bonus affinities able to generate intrinsics, but do not give the bonus affinity on aborting mission instead of making RJ work differently than the rest of the game.

Fixed an issue with Ciphers that was causing fails not to count properly in fails stat.

Does this mean I won't mysteriously start gaining hundreds of Cipher fails when I haven't failed any?

I know 99.5% of players don't care about the stats screen, but when I discovered I gained hundreds of mysterious Cipher fails playing Railjack, it made me quit playing the mode until there's a fix. I hope this is that fix.

Losing the Intrinsics when aborting missions is somewhat surprising, we keep normal Affinity when failing/aborting missions and only lose the completion bonus. Why not add completion bonus instead of making the whole grind a lot worse?

Massive nerf to Cryophon and Archwing guns (particle nerf) also hurt, if I hadn't completed the Railjack grind before this I probably never would in it's current state.

Rush Repair Drone Removed from Market:
We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the  end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward - just not as a Market item. 

You need to understand something DE. People were building with these becouse the parts cost way too much... its Hema chategory.

Reduce the resource cost of the parts.....

(if you did that too than no complains. i just scrolled trough fast before work)

14 hours ago, St0rmW0lf said:

Hopefully, the rush repair drone dropping at a mission's end might encourage intrinsic farmers to not abort the mission early-

Yeah, nah. The chance of a rush repair drone dropping is a whopping 0.25%. That's a literal estimate of 1 in 400.

Also no addressing of the horrid RNG stat generation of reactors?

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the  end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward - just not as a Market item. 

Revert back the rush drone changes to market item, and keep that "legendary" drop since you guys like 0.xxx% drop rate

Some of us prefer battle with enemies, don't force us who have a little time to play to do hide and seek with asteroids...unless you make asterite and titanium drop from enemies with decent quantities...seriously...

DE, you should have taken more time addressing some of the crucial issues before releasing this hotfix. Most of it was mentioned in this thread (and in many threads before it during the holidays, but I can understand if you haven't paid attention to them during that time) by other players numerous times:

• RNG parts (especially avionics capacity on reactors) — this is a pretty worrying trend with the last mainline updates. DEvs, this is by the book gamedesign mistake: RNG IS NOT A CONTENT. Period. If you want to keep players in your game, you have to come up with something better than that. I don't know... maybe scaling rewards and fair non-artificial progression without timegating will do? Just a thought to make that noggin joggin'.
  • Wreckage repair costs — yeah, we get it, you want to keep us in the game as long as possible, but this is just a sucker move. Why do we have to waste our time on Railjack at all, since it not connected to general game world? Why do we need to waste our time to this “island of content”? At least PoE and Fortuna was worth it because it had some activity that resembled endgame and locations overall is an eye candy. With Railjack? This is just an Archwing missions with added minor (almost minuscule) complexity and more layers of grind. Do you remember how bad Archwing launch was? How buggy and underwhelming it has been in a first days of the update? And how almost no one playing Archwing missions now because, then again, they have almost nonexistent connection to the actual gameplay loop and stay on their own. So yeah, at this rate and all these disconnection and grinding Railjack destined to be forgotten just like Conclave, Lunaro and Archwing. Makes me wonder why you haven't removed these gamemodes from the game like you removed Trials. At least Trials were fun.
  • Vacuum range — this is the most obvious one. Most solid decision will be just removing vacuum altogether and replacing it with direct drops — like it must've been done from the beginning in the actual game. You don't have to choose between installing Vacuum mod or something else in your companion — the choice is always Vacuum. Same goes in RJ, you don't have to break a mission pace for scavenging. This is boring, redundant and doesn't belong in the gamemode that resembles space simulator. Substitute in form of tactical mod that collects all loot from the map sounds pretty good, but there is really no need in that, especially when we very much limited in Avionics capacity.
  • Oh, yeah, Avionics. You know how it is, WF was all about customization up to this point. Now we are limited to choose between normal HP mod that makes your ship to be able to endure BS that happens past first mission in the Earth Proxima, and mods that literally just waste your avionics space for microscopic increase in HP just to fit something else, like mods that give microscopic increase in turret damage. Just think about that, imagine that weapon or Warframe mods also had different “houses” and overall capacity limited at 30 points without ability to boost it with potatoes and formas. Sounds like fun, right? All these choices that you can't make.

And this is just a gist of it. Get to it, guys, take your time, get back in a working rhythm and fix that disaster of the update. I believe in you, you all can do it right.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We are removing the option to buy the Rush Repair Drone and leaving it only as a reward earned at the  end of mission (no longer an in-world drop due to security concerns). We are doing this based on feedback that as a purchasing option it feels too unfair of an advantage. While it technically abides by our rule of ‘Pay for Time’, it bypasses a huge segment of the Railjack resource value. You can still pay to rush Repairs once you’ve contributed resources, but you can no longer outright bypass the entire experience by purchasing the item from the market. We will continue to use Rush Repair Drones as a reward - just not as a Market item. 

I personally think the Rush Repair Drone should be available in the market. I would value my time more so I wouldn't mind spending a bit of plat to get a weapon ready to go instead of farming the resource and build 1 thing at a time. I think many would agree to this.

Asterite Resource pickups now reward 2x as much Asterite. 

• Asterite costs for Wreckage were going a bit too slowly, so now you will earn it at twice the rate.

What about titanium? Titanium cost for repair is also too high.

Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. 

This would make players who have reached level 10 no point in playing Railjack.

Thank you as always for another hotfix, though as someone who uses Wisp frequently, most of the animations are still not working properly. Most animation processes, aiming, melee attacks, still go back to normal skeleton animation. I appreciate greatly Wisp finally getting some animation attention! Thank you! 

It feels like I'm on crazy pills here, but what was the reason of deleting rush repair drones? Right now people have not only to collect resources, but pay for rushing too, so it makes grind even worse. And buff from 2% to 4% of reactors doesn't really do much, when the range of the reactors is just so insane high. What's even the point of grinding then, if the loot is actually worse than basic clan-tech? Just tighten the range, make it that loot reactors at least 10 points higher than the ones we research in the clan.

Moreover, returning to repair rush drones, what was the point in the first place? When you have loot-based games, especially with such high dispersion between numbers of characteristics, wouldn't it be logical just to have the loot ready to be installed from the get-go? Or, at least, if you want to create time-gates so bad, at least cut it to one hour, because as already numerous people before me pointed out, you can actually collect a better loot while you fly, so there is really no point in starting any repair, until you get the one that really looks good. But, in the end, it's still just a roulette, there is no clear progression. And it's really disappointing that intrinsics is just a clear-cut linear system, that doesn't involve any creativity or specialization in builds. At this point Railjack feels even less than a mode, that was supposed to tie everything together, and more like a useless gimmick. There is no real rewards for playing Railjack, other than rewards for Railjack itself - and they are BAD. Like, really, I thought Liches were bad, but this thing is just on another level.

I never liked Archwing, but man, it wasn't worth sacrificing it for the Railjack. Now even usual Archwing missions feel wack because of this stupid bullet delay. And with this hotfix you actually made matters worse. I mean, just tell me, what is even the point in Archwing at all then? If a Railjack itself is just a gimmick, then why do we even need archwing?

And problems with the UI just incentivize me to create another topic, after all this time, to have such an ugly and unhelpful UI is just unforgiving. I'm not even talking about Railjack - and even in itself it has so much problems. Why we can't customize Railjack from the Orbiter? Why do we have to go all the way back to the Dojo? Why do I have to waste so much time on stuff that should take seconds? Why I can't still choose, if I want to fly my own RJ or just connect to someone's team? It's just obvious things that should have been there from the beginning.

Doubling asterite pickup amounts to no change, in comparation to build requirements of any other researchable gear. Other, non RJ gear, you can get in 4-5 runs any of the resources in required quantity, that's runs where you don't intentionally look for resources. If you are actually farming resources and break every container in the map, it takes 1-2 runs on appropriate mission. The sole exception of this is Sibear, because of 30K cryotics requirement, and it is not researchable anyway. This doesn't apply to asterite. In any run you can expect to get between 0 and 20 asterite, without going around the map (which is how many square kilometers?) and breaking each and every golden rock. To build Sigma Mk3 gear you need 300, which is 1800 to fill all 6 slots, and to repair salvage in some cases you need 1440.

Simple and dirty math says that gathering single resource for any researchable non RJ gear takes 30-60 minutes of casual play, RJ gear takes 3-7 hours for Sigma gear and repairs push it beyond 15 hours. And that's for an uncommon resource. If you are turning every rock on the map looking for asterite you can expect 150 for 45ish minutes of play. Sounds nice? That's 7.5 hours to repair Lavan Mk3 shield. And these numbers are based on post patch experience, and without resource boosters.

Asterite economy is just ridiculous. Drops need to either be increased another 3-5 fold, or to make it much easier to collect all resources off the map.

Archived