Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.9

[DE]Megan

When DE gives the Wolf of Saturn Six a mediocre final battle, I felt they are going full bethesda.

When Grendel came out, I was through disappointed, a mediocre frame, with mediocre mechanics.

When leeches came out, it tooks me 5 minutes to realize I will never gonna play that bullsh!t gamemode.

When they start throwing sh!t to us without context, no lore, no quest, no new content, I knew this is going to go right down the toilet.

BUT...... And this looks like an unpopular opinion, I enjoy railjack.

Before you grab your pitchfork, let me explain:

Grineer space troops are not regular troops, they are elite, and there are not a lot of them, once you clean the base/ship they don't respawn.
Enter a crewship or a space station should be a challenge, not a press 4 nuke/whip/meta bullsh!t, so I'm OK with they having more health/armor.
Same with crew ships, altho, sometimes I hit them with my frontal artillery, close range, perfect hit, and do no damage, even when I see 200k damage, maybe a bug?
Nerfing Crew ships / troopers is a mistake, the same mistake they did when nerfed the tusk bolkor; a good challenge turned into another random foe that "mY LanKa CaN OnE ShoT".

There are a lot of bugs, yes; repair resource cost is too damn high, yes; archwing (apart from, amesha) are useless, yes; Grineer fighters going full "star wars holdo maneuver" and teleport to the other side of the map for no reason, yes; but the things that works, are fun.

Now, if you rush to open veil proxima in 1 day, and spend 24/7 farming for mods and parts, and complete all the railjack mission in less than a week; or just throw $30 to get the best railjack, then complain you are boring because there is nothing to do in railjack.... well.... that's not DE/warframe fault.

So uhm, yeah i am probably one of those lucky players who actually doesnt complain about anything, railjack feels fine if you got a 123 avionic raijlack with wormhole and a full set of zetki avionics, weapons feel fine, everything is ok to do some fast farm-runs.

if i really had to think about something that puts me off about railjack: my only complain would be: make some, not all, just some fighters explode instantly if they get a hit, i get annoyed they spray around in every direction in case i decide just to hunt them down instead of using voidhole.

oh and change something about that time-gated mission in veil, the hunt for the rare loot is really something else, hope it gets better when you add more of the new war content...

oh and lets talk about the command intrinsics...when, soon?  😄

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

I've been farming asterite for turrets. These numbers are way off. It takes me about 30m~45m with a booster to farm 1.5k asterite. With a resource booster. If i get a smeeta charm while on the RJ, i prioritize meteorite farming and can get 200-300~ in 2 minutes.

Damn bruh, this does not sound like a normal amount at all.. would need to see some proof of this before believing tbh  

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Added long requested Wisp Walk, Run, and Sprint movement to Melee weapons, and fixed her movement when equipped with the Shedu.

Very happy about this, now if she could retain her floating when aiming down sights of weapons, using Archguns, and BLOCKING while using melee, all her bases would be covered.

44 minutes ago, Hetneo said:

In two minutes 200-300 is impossible with or without both resource boosters and S#&$load of luck. In that time you can collect maybe 5-6 meteorites, what are the chances that all of them give you asterite, and that each drop is at least 25 (because booster doubles it)? Numbers I'm seeing is 1-19 per drop, so what you are saying looks very much impossible to me. Those numbers you are mentioning are more along the lines of what I'm seeing from Titanium drops.

I can collect far more meteorites than 6 in 2 minutes. You know those fields of Red beacons? Those are meteorites as well. PM me tonight online and I will bring you for an asterite farm. Those special caches that are in distorted space typically drop extra asterite (in my experience) as well.

15 minutes ago, MetalGrayFox said:

Damn bruh, this does not sound like a normal amount at all.. would need to see some proof of this before believing tbh  

I've gotten a charm, left the RJ and gotten my asterite popup to read 328 before my charm wore off. So over 300 in 2 minutes. My invitation to Hetneo is also extended to you, PM me later tonight when im online and I'll bring you along. Keep in mind charm + resource booster = 4x so 328/4 = 82 asterite with no extra effects.

Please, keep in mind, I am not arguing that asterite is in a good place right now. It's still really annoying to farm, I just have not experienced the brutality of needing to spend 3 hours + to build one turret or part. Which i can prove easily by screenshotting my current inventory of components. I have multiple engines, reactors, turrets and shield arrays built now (still limited by the asterite factor).

5 hours ago, MetalGrayFox said:

Why are you devs always trying to make sitting around in a mission collecting things part of the game? It's not fun or engaging

I doubt it's "you devs", I suspect it's the same guy who refuses to give us univac and came up with ayatan stars that you have to pick up manually.

32 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I doubt it's "you devs", I suspect it's the same guy who refuses to give us univac and came up with ayatan stars that you have to pick up manually.

This is a good point. The problems in Railjack have very little to do with the system design, the visuals, all of the grand scale things are done so well. It's the guy with his hands on the dials for resources, drops, and weapon damage numbers, honestly. It's like one bad ingredient souring the whole meal.

I've always said the animation team knocks it out of the park. Nothing's changed in that regard. It's the guy in charge of nickle and diming our minutes in Warframe that just keeps squeezing harder and harder.

16 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

This is a good point. The problems in Railjack have very little to do with the system design, the visuals, all of the grand scale things are done so well. It's the guy with his hands on the dials for resources, drops, and weapon damage numbers, honestly. It's like one bad ingredient souring the whole meal.

I've always said the animation team knocks it out of the park. Nothing's changed in that regard. It's the guy in charge of nickle and diming our minutes in Warframe that just keeps squeezing harder and harder.

I agree completely. Technically and artistically, railjack is incredible. And I get the resource scarcity, they want to sell boosters. That's why I really hate the pay-to-skip business model, because it warps game design like this. But why the inconvenience? Why make us fly around for ten minutes picking stuff up after the mission is done? If you could buy a vacuum booster that increased your resource vacuum range by an order of magnitude or two, I would totally understand the default short range, but you can't. So it's not even a question of nickel and diming. The mind boggles.

1 hour ago, __Beowulf__ said:

Before you grab your pitchfork, let me explain:

Grineer space troops are not regular troops, they are elite, and there are not a lot of them, once you clean the base/ship they don't respawn.
Enter a crewship or a space station should be a challenge, not a press 4 nuke/whip/meta bullsh!t, so I'm OK with they having more health/armor.
Same with crew ships, altho, sometimes I hit them with my frontal artillery, close range, perfect hit, and do no damage, even when I see 200k damage, maybe a bug?
Nerfing Crew ships / troopers is a mistake, the same mistake they did when nerfed the tusk bolkor; a good challenge turned into another random foe that "mY LanKa CaN OnE ShoT".

There are a lot of bugs, yes; repair resource cost is too damn high, yes; archwing (apart from, amesha) are useless, yes; Grineer fighters going full "star wars holdo maneuver" and teleport to the other side of the map for no reason, yes; but the things that works, are fun.

Now, if you rush to open veil proxima in 1 day, and spend 24/7 farming for mods and parts, and complete all the railjack mission in less than a week; or just throw $30 to get the best railjack, then complain you are boring because there is nothing to do in railjack.... well.... that's not DE/warframe fault.

2 Smeggin' true! 🤘

* -ahem- I care not for the mythical Vidar.
* So far my 'guns' rolls have been pretty sweet stat-wise.
* With updated resource drop-rates for avionics, I don't feel cheated.
* As bullet spongey as the Exo & Gyre Grineer are, they are NOT un-beatable... just really nasty if you get too cockey (geting one-shotted by a liquid helium sprayer sucks the "yay" factor out of breaching a crewship).

For the bad; see above bolded and italicized text (plus a few other bugs mentioned ad-nauseum in previous posts NOT fixed as of yet).  The artillery is supposed to be THE BFG, the wave-motion gun, the SDF Macross Cannon, the BIG ONE.  The fact you only get 4 shots per magazine / capacitor, and it now either hits the invisible bullet-sponge wall or barely warms the paint on the crew-ships????  Uh.  NO.  Just, NO.  If we have limited shots, DE?  Let them COUNT!  ORRRRRR... give us a recharge counter instead between shots so we don't feel like you're wasting our time AND resources better put towards ohhh...fixing the half dozen breaches fires and electrical shorts that a Grineer with a pea-shooter tears through our hulls.

ASIDE for the still extant glaring flaws and bugs and ham-handed NERFS, I DO enjoy Railjack.  
I really really do.

Superman like boarders /crewship crews drop nothing but ammo ....whilst having HP/firepower/resistances of beta bosses 

Crewships if not dealt with right after showing up can launch infinite number of boarders ....if after killing 6 crewships in veil you don't finish up fighters within 30 seconds of last CS going boom ...two more spawn ...and you have to deal with all these supermen with no mods (bug) ...your weapon damage being negated by lvl over 9001 resistances...many other bugs and intentional "too hard for normal frames"add ons for those enemies .

Judging by mobs in early RJ ...each high level Sentient will be same difficulty that very early Stalker was,

What I'd like is if the big gun not only 100% nuked crewships - or did so if you hit a critical spot (meaning stop obscuring my reticle with glowy effects) - but also sucked in and vaporized any fighters near its beam path. Hell, the big gun should be able to drill a hole into a missile platform or take the shipkiller offline. 

6 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

What I'd like is if the big gun not only 100% nuked crewships - or did so if you hit a critical spot (meaning stop obscuring my reticle with glowy effects) - but also sucked in and vaporized any fighters near its beam path. Hell, the big gun should be able to drill a hole into a missile platform or take the shipkiller offline. 

I like how you think.

3 hours ago, RS219 said:

-Snip-

I mean, I'm sure it's making money hand over fist. They probably sold tons of repair drones over the holidays and plat sales went through the roof. And yeah, they're ignoring things like RNG stats, but I think it depends on how cynically you look at it. Imagine if a potato didn't double a weapon/frame's capacity but rather randomly gave between 1 and 30 extra capacity, and to reroll you had to spend another one. If you saw that as a new player, you'd uninstall immediately, right? So why does DE do it with reactors? Because railjack, as evidenced by its acquisition cost, is targeted at veteran players who are well addicted to the game and won't be driven away that easily. It's not incompetence, DE know what they're doing.

3 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I mean, I'm sure it's making money hand over fist. They probably sold tons of repair drones over the holidays and plat sales went through the roof. And yeah, they're ignoring things like RNG stats, but I think it depends on how cynically you look at it. Imagine if a potato didn't double a weapon/frame's capacity but rather randomly gave between 1 and 30 extra capacity, and to reroll you had to spend another one. If you saw that as a new player, you'd uninstall immediately, right? So why does DE do it with reactors? Because railjack, as evidenced by its acquisition cost, is targeted at veteran players who are well addicted to the game and won't be driven away that easily. It's not incompetence, DE know what they're doing.

Yeah - like I said, they're using a old version. The latest edition that Bethesda is using is literally setting their own already-destroyed reputation on fire thanks to the masterwork of incompetence that is Fallout 76.

First of
I agree with the people saying that there has started to be a fair bit of RNG showing up for a while now. You need to tone it down DE. STOP IT!
And start playing your game without the Dev cheats.
Besides all that there is one thing I am interested about.

I just want to know 1 thing DE after 6k+ hours and years of playing the game.
WHY ARE YOU SO STUBBORN WITH THE DAMN VACUUM!!!

First its like draining blood from a stone for the whole - give passive vacuum to all frames by default-, and now this with the Railjack.
Like seriously, who ever is stubborn on that needs to get a reality check and realize that we play the game, and WILL play the game, if we only have the shooty fun times and not pretend we are a space roomba.

And before someone jumps in here and tells me that they do not want it because they sometimes don't want to pick up say energy orbs all I will say is REALLY?? 
With all the methods we have to regenerate energy, from pizzas to frames, to operator powers, you SERIOUSLY gonna tell me that a random orb getting picked up is such a nuisance to you? I mean come on.

Am 9.1.2020 um 17:43 schrieb [DE]Megan:
  • Cryophon series
    • Reduced damage and increased fall off range
      • Reducing the armor values of enemies made these capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill. Please bear in mind we are actively watching player stats and collecting feedback, and are willing to iterate on balance. 
  • Zetki House
    • Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
      •  

If you hate plasmor style projectile weapons that much why do you keep releasing them?

3 часа назад, Skaleek сказал:

Nah dude, Liches are still worse. Liches are really, really bad. RJ followed the RNG can give you something of no value trend that liches brought in, so it's the same model, but Liches take 2-3 hours and you already know you're getting S#&$ on before you finish the journey. You know from day 1 you're getting a piece of S#&$.

Liches are just there for ephemeras (cosmetics) and mr fodder weapons.

But whats important, liches could be *bought*. And as mr fodders, most weapons cost you about 20-40p.

Whats even more important, liches are optional, no quest or anything is gated behind them.

Rail-freaking-jack on the other hand... is complete opposite ****

When will there be an increase of these so called wreckage slots? Why aren't they counted as components and armaments when they are repaired? They are in the literal same spots as those yet aren't considered the same. Only via support agent was I made aware of this.

Take out repair drones, but don't address the reason they were used so much. Because it costs so many resources to repair anything. And there is actually no point now of repairing anything until you get the lucky high role on its stats.

All this patch means is I wont be coming back. Not until the basics get fixed. Especially when you weaken weapons. It takes hours upon hours not only getting the resources for a single thing to repair. But way longer to even get a decent roll on anything. AND with the fact I'm stuck at 30 slots for wreckage, means I'm actually only able to do 2 missions then I have to take 5 minutes to sort through my wreckage finding which rolls to scrap so I dont lose the possibility of getting an actually good part.

And I'm sure this will never be read either, much less addressed. From a company that everyone says they listen.  It seems to be more of an illusion than anything to me.

32 minutes ago, MaxCrazyDude said:

WHY ARE YOU SO STUBBORN WITH THE DAMN VACUUM!!!

First its like draining blood from a stone for the whole - give passive vacuum to all frames by default-, and now this with the Railjack.
Like seriously, who ever is stubborn on that needs to get a reality check and realize that we play the game, and WILL play the game, if we only have the shooty fun times and not pretend we are a space roomba.

And before someone jumps in here and tells me that they do not want it because they sometimes don't want to pick up say energy orbs all I will say is REALLY?? 
With all the methods we have to regenerate energy, from pizzas to frames, to operator powers, you SERIOUSLY gonna tell me that a random orb getting picked up is such a nuisance to you? I mean come on.

It's actually a very good question. The only answer i can even think of is literally to slow us down and make the game slower (and more painful) to play through.

If i had it my way i would've changed the way loot works a long time ago. Resources and Mods would just be delivered straight towards the team's shared inventory on drop. And ammo/energy/health would be on the ground for pickup. No Vacuum. In space, same deal, except in space everything is resources or mods, so... nothing sitting out there in the vacuum.

Not sure what backwards thinker at DE feels like its necessary to make us walk around picking up loot. This isn't baldur's gate from the 2000 era. We're living in 2020 for god's sake, stop with the old BS paradigms. Streamline your game. If you need people looting to sustain your content, fix your content.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

They're not even planning on refunding the plat spent because they know it was good money made. Honestly they should have just kept it since we know that they're willing to be at least that shady.

Archived