Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality

Hexsing

Covert Lethality was changed. Which is fine. It should add disintegration of bodies like channeling did or similar to the Ferrox and Arkaplasmor.  

This would remove bodies and stealth missions would feel more...stealthy. 

This would also help resolve the borked MR9 and equivalent tests that so many are complaining about.

The "Covert" part of this should make things not alerted which finding a body generally does.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah.  A finisher boost would be really good for that mod.  And I agree the dagger needs some love.  

With so many of my friends quitting at the MR 9 test because of alerted enemies finding bodies having the disinitgrated effect would be nice and fitting 

I remember seeing some people unironically go "Finally, that mod was too OP" when it was nerfed.

Was that really the case? I had it and pretty much never used it since everything is doable without insta-kills and Cover Lethality only worked with finishers which are usually 1-target long-ass-animation-kill kind of deal. Was there some kind of frame/weapon-related synergy for that mod? Like with novas 4th since it transfers damage from one enemy to others?

On 2020-01-09 at 9:18 AM, Hexsing said:

It should add disintegration of bodies like channeling did or similar to the Ferrox and Arkaplasmor.  

On 2020-01-09 at 11:16 PM, SpringRocker said:

I feel like at this point they should just make Covert Lethality do a Mercy-Kill if the finisher kills them and they're a Mercy-Kill canidate.

That and buff dagger finishers up to around 18x-24x damage.

On 2020-01-12 at 1:39 PM, Ohforf3 said:

They need to turn it into a Parazon mod

I'd say, given it's very unlikely for them to revert the mod to its IK status, pretty much these three suggestions would really bring it back, still fit the name, and make the "on Mercy" mods much more applicable, given how finnicky Mercies are currently.

• Like 2

they should make the mod go to the Parazon like they said and when equip you can mercy an enemy if it is in a vulnerable state or you are stealthed. this whole mercy an enemy at 30% health is pretty short sighted. What's a few more shots or another swing of you melee over widdle an enemy down to 30% health then go up and mercy. Make it so we use the parazon to do stealth kills with cover lethality equipped on it and problem solved.

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

CL was always a band-aid for the fact that daggers have one of the lowest stealth finisher multipliers in the game. Daggers get a measly 6x while fist weapons, for some reason, get a whopping 30x. Daggers are on the same level for stealth as giant two-handed hammers. Wtf?

You're referencing ground finisher multipliers, but yeah, stealth finishers are even worse:

As long as one forgets what it used to be, Covert Lethality is actually still pretty good.  But not good enough to make up for the madness of hammers having multipliers more than seven times that of daggers.

43 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You're referencing ground finisher multipliers, but yeah, stealth finishers are even worse:

As long as one forgets what it used to be, Covert Lethality is actually still pretty good.  But not good enough to make up for the madness of hammers having multipliers more than seven times that of daggers.

Ah, looked at the wrong table, I was wondering why I remembered hammers being 24x. 

I have used single daggers with the latest melee system, they are quite good. My test subjects were lvl ~150 corrupted heavy gunners.

Daggers hardly need old Covert Lethality to be good. That said, the new Cover Lethality does not seem very useful to me. Not sure if 100% extra finisher damage is worth a slot when you can simply increase the all around damage with that slot instead, which in turn increases finisher damage as well.

Edited by Frendh

1 hour ago, Frendh said:

I have used single daggers with the latest melee system, they are quite good. My test subjects were lvl ~150 corrupted heavy gunners.

Daggers hardly need old Covert Lethality to be good. That said, the new Cover Lethality does not seem very useful to me. Not sure if 100% extra finisher damage is worth a slot when you can simply increase the all around damage with that slot instead, which in turn increases finisher damage as well.

Are you talking about a build focused exclusively or near-exclusively on finishers?   My uncompleted tests suggested that the best possible build without a riven would have both CL and Finishing Touch.   (And that other weapons would always use Finishing Touch.)

Daggers have that nice heavy attack opener which gets some value out of the other CL bonus too.   Although honestly, I don't use either heavy attacks or daggers much, myself, so you probably know a lot more about it than me.

Using Covert Lethality and Finishing Touch is better for finishers. But I do not think they are SO much better they are worth sacrificing slots for. The weapon becomes situational and should you face an opponent who is immune to finishers then you will have to use a different weapon or endure an annoying fight.

The old covert lethality was instant gib and most people would still not use daggers for it but would rather use the other weapon types.