Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Auction house is what we need

anemo2

Hello, can u add auction house to warframe. Kinda sucks when i have no time to play this game, cuz i have a lot of works and etc and i cant sell anything... and NO maroos bazaar isnt a fokin auction house at all so can u please add something where i can put my things to sell and one more thing, lock the price so players cant drop the price down as it is on WF market. It rlly sucks. thank you

hope some of the developers read this, and also revert ember 🙂 thank youExcuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, anemo2 said:

Hello, can u add auction house to warframe. Kinda sucks when i have no time to play this game, cuz i have a lot of works and etc and i cant sell anything... and NO maroos bazaar isnt a fokin auction house at all so can u please add something where i can put my things to sell and one more thing, lock the price so players cant drop the price down as it is on WF market. It rlly sucks. thank you

hope some of the developers read this, and also revert ember 🙂 thank you

1-Warframe Market is NOT run by DE

2-The prices on the Market website are used for the fair standard by many people in trade chat to set good prices, and to not get scammed when buying.

3-The trade chat is a true free market, meaning that the going price for items is what someone is willing to buy it for based on rarity of popularity

4-DE does NOT set any prices on traded goods. They also clearly state that we all trade at our own risk.

5-I would like some sort of storefront system, but what I would almost want more i a box in my dojo that I can put things I do not need into, and my clanmates can access to get things they need. That would be even better for me at least.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

No we don't.

Yes we do so we don't have to spend time just starring at chat. We need something similar to the Forza AH. It would also allow players to actually search for what they wan to buy. Thye can even make it like Star Trek On line's trading system. I'd love to read your explanation to your three word troll answer.

• Like 6

Sorry, but although the idea seems great, you have to consider how it will affect the game. Prices of stuff going lower makes sense, after a certain amount of time, more and more people can drop those parts, dont forget that what balances everything is the fact that items go into rotation because of vaulting.

On 2020-01-09 at 2:16 PM, SPEKTRE76 said:

Yes we do so we don't have to spend time just starring at chat. We need something similar to the Forza AH. It would also allow players to actually search for what they wan to buy. Thye can even make it like Star Trek On line's trading system. I'd love to read your explanation to your three word troll answer.

Yeah sure, so people can sit there for hours and hours and hours on end undercutting people by 1 plat at a time and tanking the hell out of any sort of market. Never mind the people who would want it on the mobile app, which after playing wow, is such a cancerous thing. 

We don't need an auction house, and we'll never get an auction house. The playerbase will drive the price of everything down to the bare minimum and then some and platinum would be virtually worthless outside of market only items. 

Not to mention how often people buy black market platinum, that often gets reversed and screws over people and could bring their account into an automated ban until they buy enough platinum to bring the balance to a positive. An auction house would make it incredibly easy to grief people like this, especially if someone buys a thousand dollars worth of plat and buys more expensive postings before charging back to push all of those they purchased from into a negative platinum balance, and thus, an automated ban.

I would like to see someone tell me why they think an auction house is still a good idea, because OP doesn't seem like they're going to try and argue their point of view. This is a free to play game, there's no way ANY f2p with a premium currency would a system in that had no checks or balances (like trade limits) that people would rampantly drive prices down on. 

Edited by TheGuyver
Copied my other post in the thread here since people don't read everything.
  • Like 2

I would love to have an auction house in game. Siting in trade chat and spamming WTS and WTB or looking for people who are selling things you need is beyond annoying and a waste of time sometimes

And yes I know warframe.market exists but you still have to just wait for people to message you. To me that just screams we need an auction house when people are making 3rd party sites because of missing features

• Like 3

I remember that last auction house i participated in, i made millions from the game currency by pure exploits and determination , it was so extreme that the auction house was deleted less than a week later, i cant even begin to imagine the platinum i could hoard in this game by doing that

Tl;dr sure dude thats a yes from me fam

Edited by (PS4)Apoleon_amarr

It'd be useful ngl
It could send you your items/ plat to inbox stating what you got rid of, and for how much. Or  then a revisit to maroos bazaar, instead of making 20 people overlap eachother on the weekends with hands raised up with random trades of absolutly nothing but waste of time, Maroo could be the "host" And have her hold our stuff. We'd need to go to her to list and collect, paying a fee in credits or idk whatever even orokin cells i don't care xD

• Like 1

Based on the things I've read on these forums, this is a hard no.

DE didn't even want trading in the game from what I understand, be glad we have to extremely ridiculous system they gave us.  If it were up to them there would be no trading.

Don't be surprised if you get flammed for even bringing the subject up.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Sabrac said:

Sorry, but although the idea seems great, you have to consider how it will affect the game. Prices of stuff going lower makes sense, after a certain amount of time, more and more people can drop those parts, dont forget that what balances everything is the fact that items go into rotation because of vaulting.

I do agree with you, but I fail to see what vaulting has to do with anything.

12 hours ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

air standard by many people in trade chat to set good prices

The absolute lowest possible price is not "good".  It's in fact exceedingly bad for the game.  Prices being low means time has less value than money.  Ala more pay2win.  Lower prices means it's harder for new free players to get any plat.  That site is a perfect example of why an auction house is a really really bad idea.

2 hours ago, Skindown said:

I do agree with you, but I fail to see what vaulting has to do with anything.

Increases the value of stuff people can't farm anymore. For example, before unvaulting, i could get a Mirage prime set for like 30p, now that she has been vaulted, her prices have been going up, ofc i say Mirage, but the same applies for any other item.

Everyone selling stuff for the highest possible price that will still sell in an in-game menu "auction house"...

People micro managing, buying, reselling, muscling the market, and making deals. Basically a few get rich, and everyone else has no option but to pay real money to get plat. Before someone says "not true, you can atleast sell things for 1 plat and people will buy" no, not really. How many Braton Prime Stocks do you think someone has accumulated at some point? On average, how many per person? If everyone puts their excess to sell will anyone will be able to sell their extras? Is there someone trying to buy up thousands of them? Probably not, and this goes for everything on the auction house.

Anyone that went through WoW's auction market want to comment?

• Like 3

How about people actually play the game rather than trawl through trade chat? 

Use trade chat if you are after something in a hurry, or an external site for your must have items if it's that bad. 

As for vaulting... Yes this is how economics works, supply and demand, scarcity creates demand which creates higher prices. 

I understand the pain of a favourite "prime" frame or weapon being vauled for a new player, but guess what... That's life. 

Its not like we NEED primes to play the game, or like primes are so much better than their normal counterparts. 

The game is called warframe, not shopframe. 

Go kill stuff, get loot, rinse and repeat that's what the game is all about. 

NO we don't need an auction house, NO we don't need cross platform either (while we are on the subject 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, anemo2 said:

hope some of the developers read this, and also revert ember 🙂 thank youExcuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

you are not the first person who has requested this an wont be the last
DE has stated they will not ever be putting in a auction house
ember is amzing with the rework as people complained about her ability to surive in higher level missions an was given that, people wanted to get the press 4 an win mechanic.

• Like 1