Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Auction house is what we need

anemo2

If the marketplace worked as I described earlier in this thread, with 5-6 trades allowed through the automated system per day, it would not be unleashing the entire inventory of every single player who wanted to make a little plat.

In addition, there could be a 100 ducat tax each time you list the item, and a 10 ducat tax to change your listing price. Listings could be temporary, lasting 7 days, and then you'd have to re-list, costing ducats again.

Would people be willing to throw junk on the market like that?
Would people be willing to list at unreasonable prices, or would they price to sell?
Would people be willing to sell "prime junk" at 100 ducats a listing, for 1 plat? Is 100 ducats worth 1 plat? If that's not a steep enough cost, raise it. This is a conceptualizing of the system.

There are methods to regulate an in-game marketplace, especially in the context of Warframe.

People against such a system have no imagination or problem solving skills, and fall back on "economics" as a catch-all as if you can't work in safeguards. It's very disappointing to see.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Would people be willing to throw junk on the market like that?
Would people be willing to list at unreasonable prices, or would they price to sell?
Would people be willing to sell "prime junk" at 100 ducats a listing, for 1 plat? Is 100 ducats worth 1 plat?

Don't you see that the second question explains why they'd need to price items lower than the competitors? That's going to force the prices down and make items that currently hold value become the prime junk of the first question? 

And the question about whether people would be willing to trade items, even when taxed for prime junk prices, the answer becomes "if that's the only way to get plat, then yes!" 

Why do you think that a person willing to buy prime junk in bulk ends up with complete sets of items that can definitely be traded for higher prices? It's because people value the plat quite highly. 

It's not a lack of imagination, it's that we've already seen this happening, both here in warframe and in other games, and would not like the situation to become even worse. 

Oh, and on the topic of economics, I'm  curious about how many draconian restrictions you think may be placed on the system before you start to wonder why they're necessary at all. 

The system I described would curb both super low prices (avoiding the chicken-little cries of the market bottoming out to 1plat per item, at least through automated trades - because creating ducats is consuming the same items you'd be selling for plat, thus it becomes a plat tax by proxie) and super stupidly high prices that nobody would realistically buy the items for (because people would just be wasting ducats to list them to never sell - with temporary listings, so they'd be wasting those ducats every week). A floor and a ceiling, naturally occurring.

A subset of items that are "worth it" to put up on the marketplace would emerge.

Stuff like "prime junk" and rivens would still sell on trade chat, and outside of the automated marketplace. (warframe.market)

Your entire inventory would not be worth putting up on the marketplace, nor could you... just 5-6 items at a time, per day, at a cost of ducats.

3 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

I'll also add that there are probably a lot of players like myself who don't trade currently much at all because I hate trade systems that are out of date and inconvenient and require third party sites/tools to function

The trade chat is fine as is. Nobody really uses warframe.market as much as you think and it's almost no existamt on console