Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Auction house is what we need

anemo2

I have no views on an auction house, since what we REALLY need is an automated noticeboard market.

Where I can put a "Nekros Prime systems" up for sale for X plat (removing it from my inventory at the same time) and whoever decides to pay X plat will then get the part immediately, and the plat will be transferred to my account. I wouldn't even have to be online and I have to do nothing else than putting it up for sale at a certain price.

Buying would be as easy, just click on the part you want to buy and pay the listed price, and the part is yours.

No need to sit and stare at an idiotic scrolling text box from the 80's, having to communicate with the seller/buyer and then having to go through TWO loading screens to actually conclude the trade. If someone really thinks that the current "having to chat and travel to a dojo"-system increases player interaction they need to get their head examined. It might look that way, but it isn't, it's just forced behaviour.

Furthermore, this would be a market actually functioning according to free market rules (while the scrolling chat is not), guaranteeing fair, visible prices and price-points. And you could sort it into different "shops" (for parts, mods etc.). You could even have a plat-free "want to trade" section (just put up your part with "I want to trade Shedu barrel for Shedu systems", someone else puts in the systems and gets your part).

And DE could act as "plat verifier", stopping trading transactions that include any plat not deemed 100% safe for trading.

And if DE wanted to take a 1% surcharge from seller and/or buyer for every transaction, that would be perfectly fine. Those not wanting to pay the transaction charge can still stare at the scrolling text box.

I cannot understand how such an easily made structure does NOT already exist inside Warframe, since the game allows trade between players. I truly cannot. I really, truly, flabbergastedly cannot understand how something like this does not exist. We ALL need it.

Edited by Graavarg

28 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

I have no views on an auction house, since what we REALLY need is an automated noticeboard market.

Where I can put a "Nekros Prime systems" up for sale for X plat (removing it from my inventory at the same time) and whoever decides to pay X plat will then get the part immediately, and the plat will be transferred to my account. I wouldn't even have to be online and I have to do nothing else than putting it up for sale at a certain price.

Buying would be as easy, just click on the part you want to buy and pay the listed price, and the part is yours.

No need to sit and stare at an idiotic scrolling text box from the 80's, having to communicate with the seller/buyer and then having to go through TWO loading screens to actually conclude the trade. If someone really thinks that the current "having to chat and travel to a dojo"-system increases player interaction they need to get their head examined. It might look that way, but it isn't, it's just forced behaviour.

Furthermore, this would be a market actually functioning according to free market rules (while the scrolling chat is not), guaranteeing fair, visible prices and price-points. And you could sort it into different "shops" (for parts, mods etc.). You could even have a plat-free "want to trade" section (just put up your part with "I want to trade Shedu barrel for Shedu systems", someone else puts in the systems and gets your part).

And DE could act as "plat verifier", stopping trading transactions that include any plat not deemed 100% safe for trading.

And if DE wanted to take a 1% surcharge from seller and/or buyer for every transaction, that would be perfectly fine. Those not wanting to pay the transaction charge can still stare at the scrolling text box.

I cannot understand how such an easily made structure does NOT already exist inside Warframe, since the game allows trade between players. I truly cannot. I really, truly, flabbergastedly cannot understand how something like this does not exist. We ALL need it.

FFXIV figured this thing a few years ago. That's what they have. An automated market board. You put an item for sale and someone else buys it if they like (or buys it from other vendors if their price is better). Basically, what warframe.market does but integrated in the game itself so you don't need to use a third party app.

I am against an Auction House, I don't want that because prices would drop so bad that people who don't play 16 hours a day would be forced to buy plat if they want something. However, a market board (that you can even limit, making it so you can't have more than X items for sale, you can't do more than Y transactions a day...) would just make people stop using warframe market and using that. The only change there is that they wouldn't need to open a browser for the market.

6 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Everyone selling stuff for the highest possible price that will still sell in an in-game menu "auction house"...

People micro managing, buying, reselling, muscling the market, and making deals. Basically a few get rich, and everyone else has no option but to pay real money to get plat. Before someone says "not true, you can atleast sell things for 1 plat and people will buy" no, not really. How many Braton Prime Stocks do you think someone has accumulated at some point? On average, how many per person? If everyone puts their excess to sell will anyone will be able to sell their extras? Is there someone trying to buy up thousands of them? Probably not, and this goes for everything on the auction house.

Anyone that went through WoW's auction market want to comment?

I'm pretty sure the issue with WoW versus the "issue" with Warframe is that you have unlimited daily trades/purchases on WoW, while on Warframe, you don't

That puts a "cap" on what can be bought/sold for cheaper/more expensive

But I do see the issue you mentioned about "putting their excess to sell"

12 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

What I expect from auction house:
Market price controlled by whales.

So no thanks

market prices are lower than must be literally everyone in trade chat i like... checking wf market.. ohh you have 10 plat more then a guy on a fkn wf market hmm im not buying anthing from you hhh, so good, so fair. next time dont reply to this pls lotus lover 😉

12 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

What I expect from auction house:
Market price controlled by whales.

So no thanks

I never understood this

How can one "control the market" if you have only so many trades you can do everyday?

Of course, this doesn't mean a guy can't buy all "X" mod or "Y" item and sell them for more, but that still happens even today

6 minutes ago, Skindown said:

I never understood this

How can one "control the market" if you have only so many trades you can do everyday?

Of course, this doesn't mean a guy can't buy all "X" mod or "Y" item and sell them for more, but that still happens even today

Don't underestimate the whales. If there's a will there's a way. Cough* another account * Cough 

Again this S#&$? No and no. In short you don't know what you're asking. All you think of is your soft butt and how it convenience you, while things like inflation of prices, value of platinum and quartal income for the developer doesn't concern you at least. 

If AH was good idea we would have it long, long time ago. Trading MUST stay a drag and effort.  If everything you could ever need would cost peanuts and be click away, surely you would understand needs for other ways of monetization. You wouldn't mind, say, monthly subscription to warframe? Prime account? Btw, how you feel about loot boxes?
So please, shut up. 

I disagree with a full auction house. We'd be better off with an automated in-game storefront like the Warframe Market site.

We'd be able to trade plat and extra/unwanted items, and if it removed the item and placed it into a separate inventory for that storefront, it be easier to track what we're selling and not accidentally make a thing that we want to sell.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gabranth2 said:

I like an auction system from MMO Perfect World, i'd like to see something similar here. I spent today about 2 hours to sell some items for ~150 plat, that's almost a half of my total play time today.

Then your items are priced too high. What is your time worth to you? Price things a little lower and they move fast enough. I use wf market and have no problem selling my stuff. I don't spend any more than an hour a week online and visible.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

We do have a trading post on this forum so that's as close as we're getting to an auction house for now. 

I'd like a way to link rivens in trade chat so I don't have to type the full thing out every time for every riven just to have no one want them. 

Type  [Riven Mod]  in trade chat.

16 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

The absolute lowest possible price is not "good".  It's in fact exceedingly bad for the game.  Prices being low means time has less value than money.  Ala more pay2win.  Lower prices means it's harder for new free players to get any plat.  That site is a perfect example of why an auction house is a really really bad idea.

Some try for the lowest price, some for the highest and most in the middle. I have always been a free player, I farm all my plat with trades just like any other free player. I have not found it more difficult at all. It's only more difficult for the people that was to jack prices through the ceiling. At no point in this trade market is it pay to win. Pay to skip, pay to speed up, sure, but not play to win.

Lower prices also means that new players don't have to farm as long and hard to get the items from trading that they would like to get.

It's the competition that sets the prices. I mean think of it this way, if DE set the was to set the prices, why would they ever be set lower then you can buy the same item in the shop? If DE controlled prices, they could just block new prime frames from being trades, causing more people to have to spend real money to get the new prime frames.

Think about it that way, and you'll understand why having DE set the prices would be way, way worse for the community overall.

On 2020-01-10 at 2:49 PM, Graavarg said:

I don't see how a system like phantasy star universe a 10 year old game couldn't be implemented. 

You had a robot in your room (orbiter or dojo for warframe), you placed items to be sold in the robot, then set a price in the menu, there was an in game search function then you just went to the room and bought the item if yiu were willing to pay the price asked. 

Psu had no premium currency so it was all in game credits, any special trades for top tier weapons or items was done in person for the gold bar item which was 99999999 credits to buy. 

Very simple economy back then. 

I think this could work, however those with the plat stores would simply buy out the lower priced stuff to place in their own shop to sell higher, thus controlling the market. 

Which is why DE want to avoid in game shop/auction house. 

An in-game auction house would severely lower the prices of everything. The only people that would benefit from that are new players that don't have said items. Veterans and even DE would not profit from an in-game auction house. Lower prices means less plat bought. So please, no auction house.

On 2020-01-10 at 9:49 AM, Graavarg said:

I totally agree, let us list sets, parts, any tradable for X amount, take it our of our inventory. People go to a screen, terminal ect, search for the item they want, and buy it. The system handles the trade, takes most the plat to the lister and the item to the buyer. Take the usual trade tax, and bang, all done without sitting in trade chat forever. Would love if DE would do this. I appreciate the outside sites that facilitate this, but it would be much better in an in game system.