Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actual Auction house is what we need

anemo2

I can understand that coding and setting an extra server for trading can become a pain in the ass for DE. While their main concern is content and bug fixing.
But when they really care about making a game enjoyable, then even one little feature would be appreciated and it does not even need to be an auction house:

arrow up to repeat the offer in trade chat 
That little feature improves that blunt tideous thing, when you want to trade a lot of items at the same time.

But when you have many players posting walls of trades into a stupid trade chat, when you can't filter anymore wtb and wts, because they are writing both in the same announcement, then you are done for and lose the overview.
Over time, this will not become better with a bigger player amount in the game, only more chaotic. Then you may want to seperate people who want to buy and people who want to sell in two different chats etc. That is something people may argue now about, but filtering the things I want is a joke, specially when you want to buy or sell multiple things.

How much time can a person put into this? Is that a trading game, or is it a looting game?

I say, every trader will need to pay tax before the trade or need to buy a licence with Plat. The taxes in form of credits prevent unrealistic prices and overflowing the server with inserting and retreaving items, which also prevents them to change prices to undercut others suddenly. When they do, they have to pay tax.

Edited by Mest_Gryder

On 2020-01-09 at 12:26 PM, TheGuyver said:

Yeah sure, so people can sit there for hours and hours and hours on end undercutting people by 1 plat at a time and tanking the hell out of any sort of market. Never mind the people who would want it on the mobile app, which after playing wow, is such a cancerous thing. 

We don't need an auction house, and we'll never get an auction house. The playerbase will drive the price of everything down to the bare minimum and then some and platinum would be virtually worthless outside of market only items. 

Right now if you want to sell anything you are competing with everyone else who happens to be sitting in trade chat with that item at that exact moment. 

The second they add an auction house (they wont and they shouldnt) you will have to compete with EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME. You wont be able to get much plat for anything except rivens and new/uninformed players who jump at the initial thought of cheap prices would have a rude awakening when they realize its suddenly HARDER to get plat without paying for it.

• Like 1

Trade should be as frictionless as possible, friction never add value, all it does is create opportunity for people to extract value via temporal arbitrage. Trade should serve the game, not people who want to play mini-stock market.

IMHO a frictionless in-game, official, offline trade system plus only allowing any item to be traded once is the best solution. If you earned it you can sell it and you only buy if you can use it. This would solve all market manuipulation and put trade back in service to the game rather than rewarding middlemen.

Prices would change but only to their true worth to players, prime parts already have an external sink in ducats. Rivens would need a similar sink more attainable rather than the Eidolon-locked transmuter.

Marketeers do not serve the good of the game. Systemic solutions are a much better idea

Edited by SilentMobius

So what is your point? Every account can trade one item of its kind? Sounds unrealistic. Does everyone only think of item prices? Well duh. When you do not earn enough anymore from free to play trade to buy stuff from market you need to buy plat. Therefor, it serves the game.
But like I said. Special tradng capabilities can be served by investing already earned plat for a ingame shop trading licence. People play the game then to have it more convinient, which is not a new thing in warframe, when you think of boosters. Boosters are convinient.Iinvest time to get an item or invest money. Always has been this way in a free to play game.

Like yeah, people already whaling around about the crashing prices. Well the tendency is already there with growing player base, who farm a lot of these items. Welcome to the inflation. Inflation is not an argument in this discussion in my opinion.

Edited by Mest_Gryder

people here are gonna tell you just use "trade chat", If you use trade chat to trade in this game you're just wasting time, I get no answers most of the time when am using trade chat unless you have some godlike riven you're willing to sell for cheap, So yeah Warframe market is where i sell most of my stuff, Hope DE consider an auction house at Cetus or Fortuna, it will be a good Idea for the community.

• Like 1

I honestly dont find the need to have one, free market dictates prices and a auction house will dump prices so hard you wont earn anything really. Plus we have warframe.market that connects you to a buyer directly instead pf having a middle man taking its cut of the profit.

On 2020-01-09 at 1:00 PM, anemo2 said:

Hello, can u add auction house to warframe. Kinda sucks when i have no time to play this game, cuz i have a lot of works and etc and i cant sell anything... and NO maroos bazaar isnt a fokin auction house at all so can u please add something where i can put my things to sell and one more thing, lock the price so players cant drop the price down as it is on WF market. It rlly sucks. thank you

hope some of the developers read this, and also revert ember 🙂 thank youExcuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I think turning Marioos into an auction house would be a pretty good idea.  They could also move stuff over to Maroos so people have an incentive to go there other than selling sustains.

the game needs consignent itens...put there for limited days for 3/7/30 days like the boosters.....

register your item and price and done. dont need to stay 12 hours in front a chat....but warframe needs "audience logged players" to survive....

People keep saying Auction House but what they really mean is Market Place, there is a difference. 

That said I don't entirely disagree tho Warframes economy is likely total garbage being held together by nothing more than obfuscation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

I think turning Marioos into an auction house would be a pretty good idea.  They could also move stuff over to Maroos so people have an incentive to go there other than selling sustains.

Just now, Luciole77 said:

the game needs consignent itens...put there for limited days for 3/7/30 days like the boosters.....

register your item and price and done. dont need to stay 12 hours in front a chat....but warframe needs "audience logged players" to survive....

speaking of maroo and "logged players" Air Rivals used to have a system that could remedy alot of wf's trading system, without implementing proper market.

Basically every City (1 per faction iirc) had a designated area for trading (our maroo's bazar) where a player would have a prompt to set up a shop. when used, the visual of that "shop" would show up on that player showing up to the rest that this player wants to sell stuff.

Then fro ma proper menu the player would pick items he wants to sell and prices he wants for them.

From that point onwards everyone wanting to buy such item would just need to interact with the shop and click "buy" on it. No additional input required by the seller. The shop requires tho seller character to stay in that city, but would persist as long as player is online and does not close the shop via menu option.

Maroo's bazaar is already very similar in it - you can set up trading offer, and it persists untill you decide to leave. The difference is that interacting with such player in here opens old trade window that needs inputs and verification from both sides....

On 2020-01-09 at 3:00 PM, anemo2 said:

Hello, can u add auction house to warframe. Kinda sucks when i have no time to play this game, cuz i have a lot of works and etc and i cant sell anything... and NO maroos bazaar isnt a fokin auction house at all so can u please add something where i can put my things to sell and one more thing, lock the price so players cant drop the price down as it is on WF market. It rlly sucks. thank you

hope some of the developers read this, and also revert ember 🙂 thank youExcuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

LOL. 

No. 

The likely reasons why you can't sell your stuff is that 1) it's crap and we all have it already, 2) you're trying to sell it at a price that nobody is interested in paying. 

Try selling the majority it as prime junk. You'll max out your daily trades with little effort. You will not make a fortune each day, but at Mr 5, with 6 items per trade, and 2plat per item, you're looking at an easy 60 plat per day, every single day. 

3 hours ago, Mest_Gryder said:

yeah, but they may need to find your profile first, duh. Isn't that similar to maroos bazar? In fact you seem to want a better trade experience, where people can not only see like 5 items of your disposal but the entire store?

Yes, of course. I would rather not be watching trade chat for hits, and just have people who encounter me in game see, perhaps, an icon that indicates "Stuff for sale." They can look or not look as they wish, and pay for the thing if they want, but I'd rather have fewer sales that I never have to mess with after setting up the storefront than chasing down every potential buyer. 

I am not a haggler - I wish Maroo's was "put up a sign, here's the price, take it or leave it" rather than standing around looking like you know the answer to question #5. 

53 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yes, of course. I would rather not be watching trade chat for hits, and just have people who encounter me in game see, perhaps, an icon that indicates "Stuff for sale." They can look or not look as they wish, and pay for the thing if they want, but I'd rather have fewer sales that I never have to mess with after setting up the storefront than chasing down every potential buyer. 

I am not a haggler - I wish Maroo's was "put up a sign, here's the price, take it or leave it" rather than standing around looking like you know the answer to question #5. 

If you are selling you don't have to monitor for hits. They'll pm you. 

And I don't haggle either. I set a price that I think is reasonable for both the buyer and the seller. I'll entertain one counter offer but If they don't want to deal, I walk. Too many people think that demanding unreasonable prices is acceptable. They think that's how haggling works, It isn't. 

Sure, they'll PM me, but they can't just be like "Hey I'll buy that" --> ::clicks Buy:: --> done.

We have to stop what we're doing and go to a dojo or Maroo's and handle the trade. Minimizing the number of required interactions is the key (basically, buying from another player ends up being like buying from a faction vendor). 

Nice assumption, but this has been a discussion for ages.
It is just tideous and disrupts the game flow.
Do you know how tideous it is to set all values of a riven into a stupid website? Just to wait like 2 weeks/months until someone pays interest?
And my Riven pouch is already full with 120 riven, Now imagine setting each value for the 120 items.
To me it is like fighting 12 kuva liches at once. They are tideous too and you never know if it was worth it.

3 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Sure, they'll PM me, but they can't just be like "Hey I'll buy that" --> ::clicks Buy:: --> done.

We have to stop what we're doing and go to a dojo or Maroo's and handle the trade. Minimizing the number of required interactions is the key (basically, buying from another player ends up being like buying from a faction vendor). 

Well there's the thing if you want to buy or sell, and are prepared to ask a reasonable price, all you need to do is head to the dojo. 

When they agree, you juts hit invite and tap the trading post whenever they arrive. Easy peasy.