Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Mastery rank 9 test

WarrenPrime

Hey guys so I've never made one of these and don't really know the right way to go about it but there is a huge bug with the mastery rank 9 test.

The AI catches and detects through walls and across different parts of it and it's really frustrating as a newish player. From what I've read it didn't use to be this way but they changed how the detection works at one point and never considered how it would effect the test.

Please DE look into this and either change the test or make the detection manageable.

They indeed updated the detection, but it's all "fair".

I spent so many practice tried on this one, but finally managed to beat it. When the AI catches you "through walls", they are probably able to see you because you are close to the edge of a pillar. If you are right in front of them, they can see you from far away.

I would suggest looking on youtube "warframe rank 9 test 2019" for updated runs of the test. After doing that, I was able to beat it without a single fail.

I did this a couple months ago and it certainly feels unfair. I got the "new" detection, too, and quickly discovered that the older YouTube walkthrough videos from <2018 won't work.

What worked for me was getting the Glaive and maxing out the range and attack speed. You can use the old videos to get a sense for how many guys there are, their path, and the timing. I'm pretty sure you'll also fail if they see any bodies, so keep that in mind. It's ~8-10 seconds between kill and the corpse dusting.

Other tips:

• Ignore everything in the video regarding height. Assume they can see straight up 90 degrees.
  • Make sure you sprint-slide and bullet jump - walking is too slow.
  • At the same time, take your time - 1 kill at a time, unless the targets are VERY isolated. You may have to wait several cycles of a target's path so it syncs up correctly with the guys that can see him.
  • If possible, kill next to obstructions - you don't want enemies to see a corpse when they turn at the end of their path.
  • Use the practice version by Cephalon Semaris.
  • If you use the glaive, run towards the target, throw, and immediately get back behind cover.
  • There is a VERY brief period where you can attack from the front if you're behind cover and there's a guy coming up on your position. You can test this with the very first pair of guys you encounter.
  • For elevated platforms, they will see you through that pixelated pattern along the edges, so stay center. You can also tweak graphical settings to see their shadows through the floors or use an enemy sense mod.
  • For mods stack as many increases to enemy sense, movement speed, parkour/slide, weapon range, and weapons speed as possible.
  • Use the smallest and fastest frames you have, but make sure they're not awkward to control.

MR19 is worse. I cheesed it with *Banshee and the Redeemer. *Banshee's passive makes all gunfire silent, and the redeemer is technically a melee weapon, even though it shoots. The only tricky parts are doing enough damage and ducking behind cover quick enough. The redeemer is like a shotgun, so you have to get lucky with the pellets hitting the way you need em.

Good luck! It sucks, but you can do it. At least you can take comfort in knowing that MR9 and MR19 are special cases and the rest are straightforward (at least to where I am in the mid 20s).

Edit: Whoops! I meant Banshee. Thanks @SilverRook.

Edited by Neurohax
Did a dumdum

Thanks for the reply guys. I just posted about the detection but there was an issue where the enemies became untargetable as well but I already encountered that bug in a survival and support got back to me so they know about the issue now. Thank I'll keep practicing I could do it in the practice but the last time I got seen from across the map I guess I just got a bit frustrated and wanted to hear if other people had similar experiences. Thanks for the community being so nice and I'll probably pass it tonight 😛

2 hours ago, Neurohax said:

MR19 is worse. I cheesed it with Loki and the Redeemer. Loki's passive makes all gunfire silent, and the redeemer is technically a melee weapon, even though it shoots. The only tricky parts are doing enough damage and ducking behind cover quick enough. The redeemer is like a shotgun, so you have to get lucky with the pellets hitting the way you need em.

*Banshee