Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the changes in RJ which happened


Baterial
 Share

Recommended Posts

I usually debuff the crewship with a few plasma stacks and have no issues one-shotting them with Forward Artillery. If they shoot a healing bubble, I go sit inside it and shoot out (still should add penetration to the main cannon though).

Any of the turrets with Plasma do the trick just fine. But I find Carcinnox feels the best all-round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look, I get it's human nature to get attached to a level of power you used to have,

But Railjack is still in demo mode. They're not finished with it yet. Just calm down, finish the Erra cutscene, and hunt your Liches until the devs get the message that Crewships are just not fun to fight against

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No more exploit, no more "too easy" one hit kill mindless shooting, no more boredom when fighting. Now you need some thinking to be able to kill enemies quickly using all of your equipments from turrets to wise use of your abilities

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Baterial said:

We need Rhino even more now. BUT NO IMMA DROP ALL THE NERFS WHICH YA DON'T WANT AND MAKE U SUFFER EVEN MORE

Now u need like 400k dmg to kill crewship in Ruse War Field which is...

I think I will go do licheds from now on

Did you watch the video response in your thread?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

No it's not, still effective

OP did 157k damage with his main gun and dealt 1/3 of the crew ships health. Your video is 40k damage and one shotting. Is it REALLY? That being said. Hotfix says nothing about crewships being touched, only fighters. What the heck?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BansheePrime said:

OP did 157k damage with his main gun and dealt 1/3 of the crew ships health. Your video is 40k damage and one shotting. Is it REALLY? That being said. Hotfix says nothing about crewships being touched, only fighters. What the heck?

Perhaps you need to learn how elementals work, carcinnox is superior.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

uhmmm, Do people forget that your Railjack comes equiped with an Archwing Slingshot? I find it much easier to use the slingshot because

1) it does not require specific avionics/railjack components, to make your big gun stronger

2) Crewships have loot crates inside, once destroyed, you can loot the actual Crewship too.

3) Can use Crewship as decoy to keep railjack safe, by taking the helm and putting it against the enemy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

OP did 157k damage with his main gun and dealt 1/3 of the crew ships health. Your video is 40k damage and one shotting. Is it REALLY? That being said. Hotfix says nothing about crewships being touched, only fighters. What the heck?

Haven't checked anything myself yet, but I know there was a bug where you don't deal any real damage to crewship while ui number says 187k or so. I've been getting it pretty often on Earth Proxima (where 15k dmg one-shots crewships).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there are some changes that still need to be made:

- Forward Artillery needs to be more consistent at one-shotting, right now everything depends on shooting angles and crits. it should be buffed to at least twice the damage it does now, and if Dome Charges have to be made more costly in the name of balance so be it; when I use my Forward Artillery I want reassurance that if I hit, it's a kill. I still have to either get out of Piloting and use the gun myself or try and ask someone else to use it, so it's not like I'm just pressing a button to make a crewship die, there's some planning involved.

- Engines should never block an artillery shot. hitting one should, if anything, make an instant kill even more likely. right now unless you deliberately get in front or to the sides of the ship, your shot might not do anything other than slow the ship down.

- Health Bubbles blocking artillery is just downright dumb, granted with the hotfix everyone should be able to see them now, but it's still dumb. have it block regular cannons if you must, but let forward Artillery pass through (It's a big frickin laser FFS)

- being able to upgrade forward Artillery, along with maybe some new variants, such as a massive Railgun that's faster to shoot but needs more precision, or a Singularity Projectile if you'd rather focus on killing swarms of fighters.. it would add a new degree of customization to our Railjack.

so far the fixes sound like a good start, but we need more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there are some changes that still need to be made:

- Forward Artillery needs to be more consistent at one-shotting, right now everything depends on shooting angles and crits. it should be buffed to at least twice the damage it does now, and if Dome Charges have to be made more costly in the name of balance so be it; when I use my Forward Artillery I want reassurance that if I hit, it's a kill. I still have to either get out of Piloting and use the gun myself or try and ask someone else to use it, so it's not like I'm just pressing a button to make a crewship die, there's some planning involved.

- Engines should never block an artillery shot. hitting one should, if anything, make an instant kill even more likely. right now unless you deliberately get in front or to the sides of the ship, your shot might not do anything other than slow the ship down.

- Health Bubbles blocking artillery is just downright dumb, granted with the hotfix everyone should be able to see them now, but it's still dumb. have it block regular cannons if you must, but let forward Artillery pass through (It's a big frickin laser FFS)

- being able to upgrade forward Artillery, along with maybe some new variants, such as a massive Railgun that's faster to shoot but needs more precision, or a Singularity Projectile if you'd rather focus on killing swarms of fighters.. it would add a new degree of customization to our Railjack.

so far the fixes sound like a good start, but we need more.

Basically it sounds like what Forward Artillery needs is punch through. That would theoretically address most of the issues you listed. On that note, it would be cool if we could just nuke the secondary objectives with Forward Artillery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goodwill said:

Basically it sounds like what Forward Artillery needs is punch through. That would theoretically address most of the issues you listed. On that note, it would be cool if we could just nuke the secondary objectives with Forward Artillery.

I hope that gets added in in part 3. I know at tennocon that had someone fire the artillery into a base to blow it up, but someone had to mark it 1st inside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

That’s pre-hotfix though. So it’s irrelivant.

It's even better now Jimbo...
If you got gunners with apocs on carcinox and apocs or carcinox on nose u can just shred ships engines, swipe to its front and kill it with artillery with 100% success rate under 10 seconds.
No changes needed there.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 10 Stunden schrieb 844448:

No more exploit, no more "too easy" one hit kill mindless shooting, no more boredom when fighting. Now you need some thinking to be able to kill enemies quickly using all of your equipments from turrets to wise use of your abilities

Did I miss the point somehow where boarding, hacking & killing the reactor no longer takes 20 secs or less?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 844448 said:

No more exploit, no more "too easy" one hit kill mindless shooting, no more boredom when fighting. Now you need some thinking to be able to kill enemies quickly using all of your equipments from turrets to wise use of your abilities

Do you...play Railjack? 

Slingshot - blow reactor - back to ship. 100% kill every time, no thinking involved. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Apparently you don't if you think that's the *only* viable tactic. I could probably blow one solo in a quicker time with the good ol carcinnox/arty combo

If you say so.

I obviously never said it was the only viable tactic -- you could also kill everyone on board and line them up in a conga line, to kill later, and it would achieve the mission. Seems to be the simplest approach, though. Captain points the ship at the enemy, crewmember goes and does things; captain gets on with other stuff. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...