Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I bet DE is trying real hard to make us react like this to a 100 avionics vidar reactor

Toppien

I don't even know what DE is trying to do anymore. I was going to log in today to see if I got an affinity booster from login, and if I did I was going to farm some intrinsics. But they nerfed that, so I guess I'm not going to play the game at all...? I might do the sortie later, but that's basically just an excuse to chat with friends for fifteen minutes.

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Video with no explanation = less inclination to watch the video. 

Title of thread: I bet DE is trying real hard to make us react like this to a 100 avionics vidar reactor

Title of video: Destiny Flashback! Gjallarhorn Reactions!

You: "There's no explanation of what the video is, hurr durr."

Edited by SordidDreams

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Title of thread: I bet DE is trying real hard to make us react like this to a 100 avionics vidar reactor

Title of video: Destiny Flashback! Gjallarhorn Reactions!

You: "There's no explanation of what the video is, hurr durr."

I have no clue what ghallahorn is, I don't play destiny (assuming this videos are from there) , I also am not a content creator that makes money by having reactions and getting people to like and subscribe to whatever I am showing. 

For all I know that's a S#&$ weapon that has a chance to eat all your existing rewards and everyone is scared they will find everything gone when they look at their inventory. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I don't even know what DE is trying to do anymore. I was going to log in today to see if I got an affinity booster from login, and if I did I was going to farm some intrinsics. But they nerfed that, so I guess I'm not going to play the game at all...?

Huh? Affinity booster still works, you can still farm intrinsics. Unless of course you either maxed out all intrinsics, or you are one of those people who were using the Ivara farm/mission abort strat and believe that it is impossible to farm intrinsics in any other way... In which case I honestly have nothing to say to you, you do you.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have no clue what ghallahorn is, I don't play destiny (assuming this videos are from there) , I also am not a content creator that makes money by having reactions and getting people to like and subscribe to whatever I am showing. 

For all I know that's a S#&$ weapon that has a chance to eat all your existing rewards and everyone is scared they will find everything gone when they look at their inventory. 

you must have such a happy life ¬¬ XD

3 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Unless of course you are one of those people who were using the Ivara farm/mission abort strat and believe that it is impossible to farm intrinsics in any other way...

Impossible? No, of course not. Obnoxiously slow and unfun? Yes. The reality is almost nobody wants to actually play railjack. Chewing through 90 fighters and 6 crew ships was a slog even before, it's even more so now that they've nerfed arch guns (via the status effect changes).

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have no clue what ghallahorn is

It's a good thing you don't need to in order to understand what OP was getting at.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

Just now, SordidDreams said:

Impossible? No, of course not. Obnoxiously slow and unfun? Yes. The reality is almost nobody wants to actually play railjack.

Huh, odd for you to say that considering all people that I personally know have been having fun with RJ (despite the bugs), and have been leveling intrinsics the usual way just fine. In fact one of my friends came back to Warframe just for RJ and won't play any other missions.

Maybe we are from different realities?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It's a good thing you don't need to in order to understand what OP was getting at.

I think it's about the joy of getting a very rare drop? But I am not certain of it, it could be the exact opposite. 

It's just a disliked way to get views and is kinda on par with advertising. 

To each his own I suppose. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

if I got an affinity booster from login, and if I did I was going to farm some intrinsics. But they nerfed that

How so?  I didn't see anything in patch notes about stealth kill bonus being nerfed?  Or were you referring specifically to booster working on intrinsics? 

If they specifically nerfed the affinity booster working for intrinsics then be sure its just so they can make us buy yet another new type of booster.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Huh, odd for you to say that considering all people that I personally know have been having fun with RJ (despite the bugs), and have been leveling intrinsics the usual way just fine. In fact one of my friends came back to Warframe just for RJ and won't play any other missions.

Maybe we are from different realities?

I guess we are. None of my friends have the slightest interest in railjack besides getting the sentient drops. Though I do have something in common with your friend, I wasn't playing any other missions either. And I did actually enjoy the Ivara farm, for the first time in forever the game gave me incentive to sneak around and backstab people. You know, play like a space ninja, not like space Rambo. I liked that, but requiring me to actually finish the mission kills it. A ratio of 1 part fun sneaky time to 2 parts unfun RJ slog is just not worthwhile in my mind.

3 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

How so?  I didn't see anything in patch notes about stealth kill bonus being nerfed?  Or were you referring specifically to booster working on intrinsics? 

If they specifically nerfed the affinity booster working for intrinsics then be sure its just so they can make us buy yet another new type of booster.

I was specifically referring to the Ivara farm strat where you just fly to a galleon, backstab all the enemies to get a lot of affinity (= intrinsics) through the stealth bonus, and then abort the mission. You used to keep your intrinsics when you did that, now you don't. So you have to actually play railjack now, which is even less fun now that they've nerfed arch guns (via the status effect changes).

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

and believe that it is impossible to farm intrinsics in any other way... In which case I honestly have nothing to say to you, you do you.

Oh it's not impossible, it's just Boring as HELL.  

Thankfully there's no need to max railjack at all, in any sort of way. Doesn't make the slow as a snail progress okay. Now rather then this stealth XP gain, it'll be repair only, do nothing else. Let everyone else finish the mission. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

more than anything, I'm laughing at the terrible drop rates right now. Avionics capacity should never have been tied to RNG. EVER

Agreed.  I wanted to be optimistic that DE would acknowledge this and at the very least raise the base ship level capacity and reduce the extent to which the reactor impacts your ability to have half your avionics either fitted or empty....Nope...

Priority #1 - Nerf everything meta - Nerf Cryophon, Nerf puncture procs, Nerf people pre-filling intrinsics before they drop command (lol that they stole points from people who already had them).

Token drop rate increases just to see if RJ interest picks back up.  

54 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, I will probably go "holy S#&$", followed by "we better pass this mission", and me typing in chat "dry dock plz" after mission is complete.

And once in the dry dock, you discover it rolled with 32 extra capacity.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Avionics capacity should never have been tied to RNG. EVER.

Agreed. Imagine if using a potato randomly gave you between 1 and 30 extra mod capacity, and if you wanted to reroll that RNG you needed to spend another potato. That's what this system is.

Edited by SordidDreams

2 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Thankfully there's no need to max railjack at all, in any sort of way.

On some level, it is of course psychological. My Railjack is very well viable in Veil Proxima, but seeing so many Avionics slots empty, seeing all those Avionics that I do possess, but cannot afford to equip and have no reliable recourse for that, is absolutely devastating. When I have a cool gun, I can put on a catalyst, do a couple of formas, and don't have to merely imagine how nice it would be to have it fully modded.

2 hours ago, FataL-Flaw said:

I think he refers to the fix to intrinsics gained unintentionally persisting if you abort the mission - because apparently to some it was not obvious that it was a glitch and unintended behaviour so they are now upset they need to actually deal with fighters and crewships, to keep their intrinsics that ivara so boldly farmed on the galleon....

It is the Gospel of Luke* (familiar to all Destiny players, practicing and lapsed): you play for the "intrinsic joy" of the game, and nothing brings intrinsic joy like 0.5% chance to get a 1% chance to be able to flaunt your big gun.

Thus endeth the lesson.

* Smith 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Worst part is they have not said anything about fixing the RNG for your SQUAD rolls.  Imagine doing a radshare for Ivara P. Chassis, and while everyone else got at least one rolled, you get all four Fang Prime Blades.  That's pretty much how I felt when a squad I ran with got 80+ Avionics on a Vidar Mk III Reactor while I got trash-tier roll on something already hard to get. 

• Like 1