Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fiery Phoenix : Damage and range is too low and I can't see ****

DrivaMain

I've been messing around with this avionic for a bit and gonna give my issues with it. The one thing I found good about this is the damage reduction and nothing else.

1. Damage is too low. the fire trail deals miniscule damage against Veil enemies, I don't know if I am blind but 6 damage per tick...? The Discharge on deactivate damage deals around 200 damage (I spent around 30 seconds or so leaving it active to ramp up the damage) to them.

2. 275 meters discharge range for a 100 energy avionic seems to be a bit low in my opinion.

3. The most annoying thing about this avionic is I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING if it's active.

Here is a screenshot on how bad the visual is.

8C1840A8EF3ED64C952848ADFC870C19A2EF32A4

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

I've been messing around with this avionic for a bit and gonna give my issues with it. The one thing I found good about this is the damage reduction and nothing else.

1. Damage is too low. the fire trail deals miniscule damage against Veil enemies, I don't know if I am blind but 6 damage per tick...? The Discharge on deactivate damage deals around 200 damage (I spent around 30 seconds or so leaving it active to ramp up the damage) to them.

2. 275 meters discharge range for a 100 energy avionic seems to be a bit low in my opinion.

3. The most annoying thing about this avionic is I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING if it's active.

Here is a screenshot on how bad the visual is.

8C1840A8EF3ED64C952848ADFC870C19A2EF32A4

So anyone remember K-drive mods? Its this crap again, except applied to a `large vehicular object instead of a board they stand on`. Which likely people instantly forgot exists outside of using it for eidolon cheesing with the mod known as Quick-escape to free up one player slot to have another damage buffer or in a small irony, use Harrow for a offensive buff into of blocking the screams, with basically what is the same exact skill except with a different build.

Most of the Avionics can be considered useless because of rng-sus being kind of pointless to acquire later on or just plain useless functions, especially since its not actual dog-fighting, but just fighters buzzing around your railjack like a bunch of angry bees.

If they want to even have fiery phoenix to have any viability, it should just spawn a miniature sun that launches birds that track fighters and give guaranteed heavy DoT incendiary procs. With the sun could likely just be tethered to the ship or just replace the sun to just making the engines flare up and have the birds spawn from the engine itself. Anything else then that would not be worth any flux energy cost. Atleast missile volley will pepper enemies and can have multiple of them hit the same enemy, plus it travels far, despite its huge damage fall off past earth proxima.

After doing some testing, it seems I am blind about the 6 damage per second part (it seems that it's the incindeary status effect from the fire trail). It's actually doing around 100 damage to Veil Proxima enemies. But that still doesn't change the fact that the damage is still very low.

Still too weak. and it could use some kind of ramming bonus damage.

How weak is it? lets not even compare to Void Hole, as it stands its a complete waste of Capacity.

Defensive buffs are not worth mentioning when something like catastrophic failure count down exists, and moving around can help mitigate damage.

The cost is wayy too high. It would be better if it was like Particle Ram

It might as well not do any damage, as it makes no difference with current values. Not even as a support skill.

Its pretty, and the speed boost is ok, that's all for it right now.