Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a better gaming experience in 2020

FireKeeper02

When Railjack came out, everyone was excited, but the hands-on experience was poor. Aside from numerous bugs, Railjack alone is simply not enough damage. Especially since the latest update on January 10, Rhino roar bonus does not work on Railjack weapons, ice cannon "Cryophon" has been heavily cut, with most of its base damage reduced to 1.5 blast damage, and enemy aircraft have been significantly increased in flesh, which adds to the frustration. To add to the player experience, I have a few Suggestions:

1. Increases base damage of Railjack light cannon. At least loaded with a full z-class bonus forward light gun mod, and a full zone upgrade that can knock out a veil battleship. The worst damage weapon on the whole ship is not penetrating, two does not take any bonus, and three does not take any mod damage. Since the highest damage is no different from the first, why should I use it? The main function of logistics is to ensure that there is enough light energy cannonball charge, light energy gun is not used, that logistics also lost the meaning, "teamwork" can not be reflected.

2. Continue to increase the drop rate of Railjack components at settlement. As Railjack most basic equipped with lower drop rate, especially the Reactor "Reactor", even if there are big put the mod will not come also of no help, and V is MK3 Reactor random numerical range, 30-100 numerical fluctuation is quite surprising, for 70 dozens of the hard brush, a capacity of 30 Reactor, the player's mood.

3. Balance team effort. As anyone who has ever played Railjack knows, the captain's driving is the most tiring position. We work hard to make the battleship, brush or buy various mods, and finally do the most tiring work in the team. Gunners click the mouse, logistics is also added ammunition, the equivalent of a person with three lazy, unless the team when their own host someone else to fly the ship, but occasionally there will be a non-host can not use Railjack skills problem. What I've worked so hard to make is better than clicking a mouse on someone's battleship. Why should I play?

I hope DE can respect the opinions of the players, don't go for it, don't come with what you think is "fun", random value fluctuation, bad player experience, online number decline is inevitable, if continue like this, I have to say goodbye to warframe -- from a player who has been playing for 3200 hours.(sorry for machine translation)

22 minutes ago, FireKeeper02 said:

3. Balance team effort. As anyone who has ever played Railjack knows, the captain's driving is the most tiring position. We work hard to make the battleship, brush or buy various mods, and finally do the most tiring work in the team. Gunners click the mouse, logistics is also added ammunition, the equivalent of a person with three lazy, unless the team when their own host someone else to fly the ship, but occasionally there will be a non-host can not use Railjack skills problem. What I've worked so hard to make is better than clicking a mouse on someone's battleship. Why should I play?

Sounds like you've either been playing with the wrong people or have a serious case of the"I'm the only one who does anything"s  

The missions I've been in usually go as follows 

1. The Pilot flies the ship, attacks things and picks up loot
  2. The gunner/engineer shoots things, repairs and keeps up on forging resources as well as dealing with boarding parties, so the pilot doesn't have to. 
  3. The Crewship buster (usually me) want's to claw their own eyes out because of the steady influx of "Is anyone dealing with that crewship" coupled by a pilot who diligently keeps the slingshot just outside of lock on range at all times and a game that insta yeets you the second you exit a ship because LOL.... heccin even the Ameshas invulnerability won't save you..... Also usually repair, restock and deal with boarding parties between launches. 
  4. The 4th wheel, who might be doing anything from gunning, repairing, restocking, boarding parties, or running the supplementary mission objectives. 

Everyone is doing something important. 

Occasionally you will have "that tenno" who will not leave the gunner seat for literally any reason and will diligently watch the ship implode rather than take three seconds to repair the critical hull breach. Yeah those people suck but they are the unfortunate trade off to going with randos. That said I have not seen a terrible lot of them. Tho I do tend to play with at least one to two people I know which means the crew is usually at most 50% randos. So at least two people definitely know what they're doing. 

Edited by Oreades

True, Railjack damage alone isn't enough. But with some semi-competent house avionics that are maxed and MK III turrets it easily breezes through existing RJ content post update.

1. I agree Forward Artillery should be more reliable and I believe punch-through should achieve that for the most part theoretically.

2. I don't think merely increasing the drop rate of components or locking the stats alone will make a good system. I think they need to be reworked - houses determine the lower and upper limit of stats and the range of bonuses a component can have. Then the player can spend resources to upgrade that component to its max potential.

3. Guess I can agree. A good pilot in a kitted out Railjack can carry the whole mission. Normally similar games balance out the workload (or rather inverts it) by the pilot/captain not having access to offensive weaponry and can only pilot the vessel. It would most certainly require more co-op but I can see how it can be the bane of Railjack, there's quite a few players who like not having to rely on a partner to get something done.

I think to improve the co-op aspect should probably start with the mission structure itself. Right now Railjack are just instance missions in space which in its current state, are meant to be completed fast and efficiently. Maybe if they made a mode that wasn't so much a mission, but an exploration space with the goal to introduce a mode for long group play sessions. Then it might make more sense for a pilot to voluntarily step down to take on more menial tasks.

At the end, I just hope DE keeps on developing Railjack and making improvements and breakthroughs. I really do like the idea of Railjack forming a core part of the game (albeit it should have an alternative stand-in for players who would rather not engage in it).

2 hours ago, FireKeeper02 said:

I'm gonna have to agree with @Oreades. You have a very narrow view the Railjack gameplay. 

Every one of the crew has very important roles to carry out as it comes up. Honestly, out of everyone on the ship I've found the pilot to be the least engaged in the important stuff overall. I created and upgraded my ship and I typically refuse to pilot my own ship because it's often the least useful I could be on the team. (I actually find it funny that you think you need to be the pilot simply because you built the railjack being used in the mission). Depending on what is needed I'm handling a gunner position, repair, taking down boarding parties and the away crew objectives all in the same mission. If not, then I'm Amesha out in space since space enemies are screwed up (I'm hoping that new update you guys just got fixed that) along with away crew objectives.

Really, having a good pilot is very helpful (especially one that communicates well with his Slingshot and Forward Artillery crew) to support the rest of the crew. You can literally leave the ship far enough back to make everything involving the ship completely obsolete. You're far from carrying the team as the pilot. Probably the furthest, considering nothing the pilot does on its own is primarily needed to complete objectives or prevent mission failure. Railjack is more of a team effort than most of the game, and everyone doing their jobs makes the mission easier for everyone. Sometimes you have it easier than others, sometimes they have it easier than you. If you don't need them...solo it and you'll feel the difference. If my ship isn't immediately bombarded upon loading into the mission I can usually solo railjack missions, but I promise you it's not by using my ship at all.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

2 hours ago, FireKeeper02 said:

the captain's driving is the most tiring position. We work hard to make the battleship, brush or buy various mods, and finally do the most tiring work in the team.

whoa whoa whoa.. excuse me?! I think you'll find pilots have it pretty damn easy, all they do is keep the railjack moving and shoot whatever is in front of them... that's it. communicating with a Boarder for slingshots/artillery strikes is nice when it happens but it doesn't happen often in pugs. meanwhile gunners and engineers are running around like their a$$es are on fire patching holes, putting out fires and electrical hazards,  dealing with boarders, taking out crewships, collecting loot drops and making sure you don't run out of goop or munitions.

sure there are some lazy gunners out there, but they are the minority; most players I've seen who aren't the Pilot are very active. pilots have it hard... smh. 

2小时前 , Oreades 说:

Sounds like you've either been playing with the wrong people or have a serious case of the"I'm the only one who does anything"s  

The missions I've been in usually go as follows 

1. The Pilot flies the ship, attacks things and picks up loot
  2. The gunner/engineer shoots things, repairs and keeps up on forging resources as well as dealing with boarding parties, so the pilot doesn't have to. 
  3. The Crewship buster (usually me) want's to claw their own eyes out because of the steady influx of "Is anyone dealing with that crewship" coupled by a pilot who diligently keeps the slingshot just outside of lock on range at all times and a game that insta yeets you the second you exit a ship because LOL.... heccin even the Ameshas invulnerability won't save you..... Also usually repair, restock and deal with boarding parties between launches. 
  4. The 4th wheel, who might be doing anything from gunning, repairing, restocking, boarding parties, or running the supplementary mission objectives. 

Everyone is doing something important. 

Occasionally you will have "that tenno" who will not leave the gunner seat for literally any reason and will diligently watch the ship implode rather than take three seconds to repair the critical hull breach. Yeah those people suck but they are the unfortunate trade off to going with randos. That said I have not seen a terrible lot of them. Tho I do tend to play with at least one to two people I know which means the crew is usually at most 50% randos. So at least two people definitely know what they're doing. 

It takes us four minutes to carry out a mission in "gian point" ,and we even need't repair because the enemy has no time to attack.I only had to drive the Railjack, but it was a lot harder than just using the mouse.It's not that the teammates are bad, it's that they just need to do it.I did the same thing with someone else's Railjack.

29分钟前 , (PS4)Ozymandias-13- 说:

I'm gonna have to agree with @Oreades. You have a very narrow view the Railjack gameplay. 

Every one of the crew has very important roles to carry out as it comes up. Honestly, out of everyone on the ship I've found the pilot to be the least engaged in the important stuff overall. I created and upgraded my ship and I typically refuse to pilot my own ship because it's often the least useful I could be on the team. (I actually find it funny that you think you need to be the pilot simply because you built the railjack being used in the mission). Depending on what is needed I'm handling a gunner position, repair, taking down boarding parties and the away crew objectives all in the same mission. If not, then I'm Amesha out in space since space enemies are screwed up (I'm hoping that new update you guys just got fixed that) along with away crew objectives.

Really, having a good pilot is very helpful (especially one that communicates well with his Slingshot and Forward Artillery crew) to support the rest of the crew. You can literally leave the ship far enough back to make everything involving the ship completely obsolete. You're far from carrying the team as the pilot. Probably the furthest, considering nothing the pilot does on its own is primarily needed to complete objectives or prevent mission failure. Railjack is more of a team effort than most of the game, and everyone doing their jobs makes the mission easier for everyone. Sometimes you have it easier than others, sometimes they have it easier than you. If you don't need them...solo it and you'll feel the difference. If my ship isn't immediately bombarded upon loading into the mission I can usually solo railjack missions, but I promise you it's not by using my ship at all.

7分钟前 , (PS4)robotwars7 说:

whoa whoa whoa.. excuse me?! I think you'll find pilots have it pretty damn easy, all they do is keep the railjack moving and shoot whatever is in front of them... that's it. communicating with a Boarder for slingshots/artillery strikes is nice when it happens but it doesn't happen often in pugs. meanwhile gunners and engineers are running around like their a$$es are on fire patching holes, putting out fires and electrical hazards,  dealing with boarders, taking out crewships, collecting loot drops and making sure you don't run out of goop or munitions.

sure there are some lazy gunners out there, but they are the minority; most players I've seen who aren't the Pilot are very active. pilots have it hard... smh. 

It takes us 3.5-4.5 minutes to carry out a mission in "gian point" ,and we even need't repair because the enemy has no time to attack.I use "Munitions Vortex" and "Void Hole" mods to attack them.I only had to drive the Railjack and use skills, but it was a lot harder than just using the mouse.It's not that the teammates are bad, it's that they just need to do it.I did the same thing with someone else's Railjack.

7 minutes ago, FireKeeper02 said:

It takes us 3.5-4.5 minutes to carry out a mission in "gian point" ,and we even need't repair because the enemy has no time to attack.I use "Munitions Vortex" and "Void Hole" mods to attack them.I only had to drive the Railjack and use skills, but it was a lot harder than just using the mouse.It's not that the teammates are bad, it's that they just need to do it.I did the same thing with someone else's Railjack.

No point in being proud you can excel at the "exterminate" mission, using extremely rare drops.

That's basically the kiddy pool of Railjack that removed the challenge... that's exactly why everyone farms there lol. But if your goal is to specialize in one node, the outlier of this game mode, you do you. I just wouldn't hold my breath on that working out in future railjack content. 

12分钟前 , (PS4)Ozymandias-13- 说:

No point in being proud you can excel at the "exterminate" mission, using extremely rare drops.

That's basically the kiddy pool of Railjack that removed the challenge... that's exactly why everyone farms there lol. But if your goal is to specialize in one node, the outlier of this game mode, you do you. I just wouldn't hold my breath on that working out in future railjack content. 

What is there to be proud of? Everyone around me is at this speed. So you think the whole game would be different with one more ”commander kill“ mission?Come on,you don't really think Railjack is very diverse right now, do you?

Even though I've done hundreds of them and I'm level 10 10 10 10 now, I still don't have a even 70+ V reactor. And don't have enough capacity to install mods.I completed all the node missions. There's no challenge. It's just a waste of player time.

34分钟前 , (PS4)Ozymandias-13- 说:

Teach me what better way to get a good reactor that in other games is just like the ”original backpack“.

1 hour ago, FireKeeper02 said:

What is there to be proud of? Everyone around me is at this speed. So you think the whole game would be different with one more ”commander kill“ mission?Come on,you don't really think Railjack is very diverse right now, do you?

Even though I've done hundreds of them and I'm level 10 10 10 10 now, I still don't have a even 70+ V reactor. And don't have enough capacity to install mods.I completed all the node missions. There's no challenge. It's just a waste of player time.

There's nothing to be proud of, that's the point. You seem to think that you being the pilot in a controlled bubble is what makes the "world go round", so to speak. Sure, for farming with rare and powerful avionics in that specific scenario, the pilot starts to contribute more to the team. It's pretty normal in online games for some classes to get carried the whole way up then finally be able to pay it back to their team once they have good gear. No reason to act like they're slackers now that you finally have a use. lol

1 hour ago, FireKeeper02 said:

Teach me what better way to get a good reactor that in other games is just like the ”original backpack“.

There's no complaint about you farming efficiently. That's how this game goes. It's just that you took one specific situation to use as the example of why pilots are the god of railjack and everyone should worship them.

14小时前 , (PS4)Ozymandias-13- 说:

There's nothing to be proud of, that's the point. You seem to think that you being the pilot in a controlled bubble is what makes the "world go round", so to speak. Sure, for farming with rare and powerful avionics in that specific scenario, the pilot starts to contribute more to the team. It's pretty normal in online games for some classes to get carried the whole way up then finally be able to pay it back to their team once they have good gear. No reason to act like they're slackers now that you finally have a use. lol

There's no complaint about you farming efficiently. That's how this game goes. It's just that you took one specific situation to use as the example of why pilots are the god of railjack and everyone should worship them.

Why do you think I'm superior? I'm just saying that being a pilot is tiring, especially after a few hours of duty, and that's not something that gunners can compare to when they click a mouse while watching a movie. And the root of the problem is the reactor drop rate and numerical range, get to the point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FireKeeper02 said:

Why do you think I'm superior? I'm just saying that being a pilot is tiring, especially after a few hours of duty, and that's not something that gunners can compare to when they click a mouse while watching a movie. And the root of the problem is the reactor drop rate and numerical range, get to the point.

I disagree. All positions are fun as long as you commit to the team properly. I had a random squad join me that was absolutely brilliant at taking roles and working efficiently. I loved every second of Railjack since that point. The fun isn't in the farming but in the teamwork and interactions. 

45分钟前 , (PS4)GEN-Son_17 说:

I disagree. All positions are fun as long as you commit to the team properly. I had a random squad join me that was absolutely brilliant at taking roles and working efficiently. I loved every second of Railjack since that point. The fun isn't in the farming but in the teamwork and interactions. 

The novelty is for everyone, but it wears off quickly.It's easy to disagree, especially if it's subjective. So do you have any good Suggestions for improving Railjack? Or do you think it's perfect?