Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your most used melee weapon?

Midas

Venka Prime. My favorite before melee 3.0 and also my favorite after melee 3.0.

I still have some gripes with the new combo system (as of the order of the moves, not the key inputs), but I still love my slashy slashy claws.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I am curios why? I have a riven for Cassowar, but with 10% critic chance the weapons does not seem functional for me. 

Cause it melts everything thanks to its ridiculous status chance and attack speed. Plus, it's a polearm, so it has great range too. Maybe crit weapons are better for longer runs, but since I don't enjoy endless modes, Cassowar wipes the floor with enemies much faster than something that relies on the Blood Rush build-up. Boarding parties in Veil included.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I am curios why? I have a riven for Cassowar, but with 10% critic chance the weapons does not seem functional for me. 

Status and the debuffs it provide along with the old multiplicative condition overload stacking scale better than crit at high levels. Now the weapon is bad tho because of the CO nerf.

Post-changes for "dedicated melee" runs: Galatine Prime, War, and Sigma&Octanis (Tempo and Harbinger)

for "quick attacks": Shaku (Ninkondi Prime, eventually, I'm betting), Reaper Prime, and Nikana Prime (Reaping Spiral and Decisive Judgement)

...which is also exactly what I ran before. Though Prisma Skana or Dakra Prime might get used for quick melee at some point.

I tend to try and have one melee weapon per loadout slot!

Some of my favorites now are dual ichor, dark split sword, ether sword (that thing's rad proc on slam got me Grendel!), glaive prime, prisma skana and sarpa (can't wait for prime). (don't tell anyone, but heat dagger is pretty nice too)

Before the new melee, shaku (condition overload and the quick melee made it insane as you just stood still waving them as the enemy gets pulped) , plague kripath. And probably most of the above. 

Almost all my weapons have rivens in them, just lucky finds, I'm not on the market. Even got one for paracesis, which took it from groan worthy to acceptable. I REALLY don't like heavy weapons, unless they're staffs. 

My favorite weapon of all time is the kestrel. More for sentimental value. As it was my first melee that really killed stuff. I killed my first sentients with it too! This was back when raids were still a thing, so no rivens, we couldn't even spoiler the sentients to make them squishy again. 

@Gabbynaruand @Wyrmius_Prime just for my understanding (cuz I have a riven for cassowar so I would consider using it), why would you use it over orthos prime? They are both polearms with identical attack speed. But Orthos prime have much higher damage (234 vs 188 base). Much higher critic (CH 24% vs 6%, CD 2.2x vs 1.4x). Even stats chance, it is 36% vs 28%. Cassowar does have higher riven disposition (1 vs 0.5).

Shimmering light is my favorite stance and I have rivens for both orthos prime and cassowar. I am trying to figure out if cassowar has any advantage over orthos prime. 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada