Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your most used melee weapon?

Midas

Shaku is my baby.
The way it stacks up combo is very gratifying, and (ground) attacks feel excellent.
It's a really comfortable weapon.. and you get to beat things up a bit before they die, but not so much it gets dull.
Absolutely always have it on my main.

Spoiler

Warframe0011.jpg

Few things of note though:
It's aerial attack looks superbly derp.. so I consciously don't do it, as It's so goofy that it's embarrassing.
The heavy attack (only) could use an extra 0.5m to 1m on it's range.

As with all Melee in Warframe, the combos are limited.. but that's nothing against the Shaku in particular.

Nikana prime (combo build), Gram prime (heavy attack), Twin Basolk (pure status build) or Redeemer prime (combo) since I put 3-4 forma into each and am too lazy to forma the other weapons. All these work perfectly fine, no need for rivens or any special mods. I have tested about half a dozen melee weapons without any forma investment (only potato) and they all are very decent.

I use melee weapons based on the theme of the frame. Vauban uses Corpus weapons, Nidus uses Infected weapons, Ember uses anything with fire, etc. As such, I already use a wide variety of weapons. Of course, I also try to use the signature weapon of any frame that has one. For those frames that don't have a weapon that fits their theme, or lack a signature, I just attach them to any weapon I think suits them. For instance, one day I played a mission with Nyx and Baza, and that just sort of stuck.