Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Squad Health Window.

Ganjiblob

Firstly, can we have this not cover the chat window?

Secondly, can we have shield bars (and maybe even energy bars) as well as health? The numbers for shields are not effective at a glance and by the time I see health going down it is usually too late to hit Blessing when I play trinity, especially if I am in the air.

It would also be nice if I did not have to find out about the existence of it by randomly stumbling across someone mentioning it on these forums (ofc this goes back to poor tutorial, another topic).

Yep, you can drag the chat window from where it is when you start a mission but it doesn't stay where you dragged it to for the next mission and the next and the next.  As you can see, it can be a bit frustrating having to do this over and over.

Additional, has anyone noticed that you can't access your Gear window when you have your Squad's health bars displaying? Has it always been like this or since the last update? I'm using Trinity atm but have Health/energy etc drops in my Gear to help out but I'm finding it next to useless having them there because of the time it takes to close the Squad's Health bars then open the Gear window, activate the item and so forth.

Please DE fix this? Many thanks :)

I'm in complete agreement with all the UI problems mentioned.

Team HP bars need to have shield bars added. Most players have high shields and low hp because the shield regenerates but the HP doesn't, so by the time the shields have gone there are only a few seconds of hp before they die..this is a major problem for trinity frames and any frame carrying hp recovery gear. This also make perfect sense concidering that Trinitys Blessing skill replenishes both Shield and HP, we wouldn't need to wait for the hp bars to drop if we could see the shield levels and would save alot more lives purely topping up the shields before getting into the danger levels of HP.

Team HP window covering chat. Yes you can move chat at the start of each mission, but with the increasing number of rushers in this game by the time you've opened chat, moved it and closed it again you are then having to play catch up with the rest of the team. Most game windows can be moved and then locked so they are always where you left them.

Having to close HP window to open Gear window is a major pain in the backside. This is a fast paced game and having to stand still and mess around with the UI while trying to keep your team alive is pure insanity.

My last complaint is with the gear window itself. Once you've closed team hp window and finally opened the gear window, Needing to use your cursor to click what you want to use takes the most time. Firstly I have difficulty finding my cursor onscreen during panic situations (which is normally the reason you're needing the gear screen), then having to move it to click what you need take waaaay to much time and my team mate needing help is often dead by the time I've activated a team heal or similar. Of course during this whole process you're being shot at or beaten on yourself and can't do anything about it until you've finished this absurd task.

My suggestion (and I apologies if I've missed an option to do this) would be to forget the cursor and hotkey the gear slots. Then you could have the gear window open AT THE SAME TIME AS TEAM HP (and shield) WINDOW allowing instant heals at the touch of a button. Team low on HP..hit F1 and job done. I know this is bordering on MMO style action bar territory, but franky it works.

Edited by Bloodlet

This discussion has been going on since they made party health tab toggle-able. And several times we have been promised to get something better ... Slowly, I'm beginning to give up hope.

You can never give up hope, Bib ;) Only a matter of time and ty for explaining it all a bit better than what I put, Bloodlet.  A mini fix would be grand? ;)

I personally think that the default interface as it is would be nice to keep, but if you want to display all the fancy extra bars like squad health and squad shields, I'd like the idea to be optional. Part of why I love WarFrame is because the screen is not obstructed by loads of fancy gadgets and thingamabobs as opposed to some games.

You can move the chat window.

I drag mine to the very bottom left corner at the start of every match.

i actually got into that habit usually also. still annoying players need to do it.

i don't always remember and i miss chat sometimes. i'll go through an entire mission sometimes and not realize people were talking throughout the whole thing >.>

i ALWAYS have the Players Panel open. because i'm a team player. it's a Co-op game, knowing if a friendly is in trouble is very important. every millisecond can make a difference.

anyways, i'm sure we'll get our promised improvements to the UI. note that the Arseanal, Foundry, etc - has been overhauled over time. we can expect all of the UI to be rebuilt eventually. it'll take time though.

Edited by taiiat