Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about Intrinsics now

WhiteyTighties

guess you'll have to play. Easy for me to say with my 10101010 intrinsics and spare 300 sitting around but yeah. 

besides, if you complete the mission you get more intrinsics. even solo,do the galeon with stealth multiplier, kill fighters asap, leave as many cewships alive as possible (3) and then stealth kill everything inside the cs. rinse and repeat. with booster and the right operator skills each captain gives 30k+ affinity

• Like 1

you can still do the stealth kill tactic but you'll have to complete the mission normally. I actually did this before the update dropped and was getting about 30-40 intrinsics per run without a booster. Can't say what you'd get now cuz I'm 10 10 10 10 with 580 to spare.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, I've maxed out my Intrinsics without aborting missions, and it only took me less than 3 days. The only problem of a fast run is dealing with fighters, but there's a good way to speed this process up. Get to Engineering R2, equip Seeker Volley (battle avionics) and max out your Flux Capacity. Go to Earth Proxima (my choice was Bendar Cluster). Start spamming Seeker Volley. You don't even have to fly around.

• Like 3

I think the cost of later levels is too high with what little content Railjack offers. The amount needed for level 10 made me laugh because honestly, it's a number I can't see myself getting just casually playing that mode because grinding it feels like too much and all we have is the same mission over and over, missions that have nothing special about them and are severely lacking compared to the rest of the game.

• Like 3

I honestly don't get why people would work through the game fast like a chore and then complain when the obvious exploits and stuff are fixed. I don't get what people think is going to happen when they complete the current content early, but its just going to result in more people complaining about "lack of content" when they're the ones who rushed through it instead of enjoying it for what it is. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

People acting as if an exploit was intended by design... lol. That just never gets old, no matter the game.

Was it an exploit: yes

Was it bad game design to not require mission completion for an Affinity system without "mission bonus" Affinity: Also yes.

It wasn't intended by any means, but DE should put more thought into their progression before shipping it. You can't really blame players for farming Intrinsics like Focus Adaro and aborting a mission with a chance of crashing/soft-locking/glitching out.

I'm not justifying it, but it wouldn't have been a thing in the first place if there was more polish done.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

Flexa/Ivara best farm. Why abort when you can farm crewships, get avoinics and resources? 

23 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

There are (only counting affinity booster):
60-90 enemies to stealth kill inside the galleon (10k each) 30-45 levels
90 fighters to kill in archwing (1k each) 4.5 levels
20-30 enemies to kill inside the secondary objective (10k each) 10-15 levels
6 crewships to destroy (1k each) 0.6 level
13 crewships farmed with 10-15 enemies each (5-10k each) ~80 levels

For a total of 125-145 intrinsic levels per run (usually takes me about an hour to clear the whole thing), without even factoring in smeeta buffs. So, it still works out pretty comparably to quit farming, you just are in one mission instead of a bunch that you abort. 

2 hours ago, Zoero said:

leave as many cewships alive as possible (3)

You should be able to get 8 (but no more, a 9th captured Crewship will eventually vanish). I have a screenshot of 5/6 killed Crewships and 8 captured ones in the background.

2 hours ago, Kylo. said:

I know it's difficult for you to grasp but you actually have to play the game now.

I know it's difficult for you to grasp, but the old method involved playing the game too, the only difference is that you need to actually win missions now.

Not that I care too much, I got gunnery to 7, went into veil, unlocked the quest, and I'm done with Railjack for the foreseeable future.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nslay said:

You should be able to get 8 (but no more, a 9th captured Crewship will eventually vanish). I have a screenshot of 5/6 killed Crewships and 8 captured ones in the background.

afaik only 3 enemy crewships may be active at any given time.

Just now, Zoero said:

Maybe 3 active enemy crewships. But you have can have 8 total out at once. I've tried to have 9 and the 9th one vanished. Here's the screenshot:

Spoiler

6Sdt4KV.jpg

1 hour ago, Zoero said:

3 enemy, but up to 8 captured. I've done this as well to farm the crew onboard for stealth kills. I captured the first for fighter bait in an asteroid field, blew up the next 5, then captured the next 7 one at a time as they spawned in. Sometimes I have had to enter/exit POI's to "refresh" the game world so it realizes it needs to spawn another enemy crewship for me to destroy so I can reach 6/6.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I know it's difficult for you to grasp, but the old method involved playing the game too, the only difference is that you need to actually win missions now.

Not that I care too much, I got gunnery to 7, went into veil, unlocked the quest, and I'm done with Railjack for the foreseeable future.

Ah yes, going into a ship and killing everything stealth and then aborting, the true Railjack experience.

5 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I honestly don't get why people would work through the game fast like a chore and then complain when the obvious exploits and stuff are fixed.

Because 80% of the game feels like a chore so you want to get it done fast to play the good stuff, and I am talking about the grinding on itself just in case someone comes up with "all missions and stuff are fun!", fun is subjective, games are fun, grinding feels like work.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

Was it an exploit: yes

Was it bad game design to not require mission completion for an Affinity system without "mission bonus" Affinity: Also yes.

It wasn't intended by any means, but DE should put more thought into their progression before shipping it. You can't really blame players for farming Intrinsics like Focus Adaro and aborting a mission with a chance of crashing/soft-locking/glitching out.

I'm not justifying it, but it wouldn't have been a thing in the first place if there was more polish done.

I dont think I ever blamed a player. I simply pointed out it is funny as hell to see people react like as if a nerf occured when an exploit got fixed. Or acting as if they need some form of compensation to make the experience (not as in xp experience, just gameplay experience in general) the same as it would be with an exploit. In this case they come off sounding as if it is hard to grind the xp in the first place.

Personally, I don't care if someone exploits to max their intrinsics fast. Doesn't affect me. The fact that they fixed it without fixing mission bugs first, then I HAVE to abort, and lose all my intrinsics, does affect me. This actually happens more often than not, so I'm stuck doing Gian Exterminate.

• Like 1