Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Ivara Prime 27.0.10

[DE]Megan

10 hours ago, Neuroszima said:

Saying something is dead definietly doesn't help solve issues. And some people just straight hate conclave and everyone that actually likes this gamemode, just because it exist and it, idk, play on their nerves? They feel like playing this mode make people worthless tenno scum? If you like Railjack then ask for its improvements and provide feedback. If you like Kuva Liches or think you would like to say constructive criticism, this is the place. So what I have to do? Shut up? Gently wait for a Good moment to post something about content that I sunk hours in, just because other players say "It is not the right moment"? So when will be the right moment? Nobody asks you to stay 30 hours in multiple different Railjack missions. But you stay, you get experience, you see unfairness of the mode. You construct feedback and post it on forums. So just let me do the same if I have something to say, instead of saying "Bruh we got other things to do", at the same time totaly ignoring what i wanted to say. I never thought i would ever need to say such an elementary thing to anyone on forums. But here we are.

Slow down for just a moment, and remove that chip from your shoulder.

The reason Conclave is dead, and dead on arrival, is that the game mode itself is wrong.  You have Warframe, and it's billed as a PvE looter-shooter.  What you've decided to tack onto that is a PvP mode where the stats and powers of most warframes simply doesn't allow for a 1:1 conversion.  On top of that, mods make and break this game.  You've designed a system where some weapons require 6-8 forma to perform at their best, along with a catalyst.  Any new player is immediately outpaced on damage, and thus you have to remove the ability to mod any of your items.

Do you see why it's dead?  It isn't people trying to raise your heckles, it's people commenting that the mode itself requires such a fundamental retooling of everything that it's functionally not viable.  That's non-viable because DE isn't willing to entirely rework all of their content, and because there are still meta builds demonstrating that present reworks are insufficient to make the mode fair and fun.

If you're down for that, then be my guest.  By that same logic though, let's look at other systems.  Salvage as a game mode is a joke.  Defection is a joke.  The Grendel missions are empty.  Empyrean is often devoid of any random groups in anything above Earth Proxima.  DE has a history of releasing content and letting it die by having finite rewards tied to it, but never going back and giving us a reason to keep returning.

---------------

To those commenting that DE should play their own game, allow me a moment of your time.

Get all of the MK III gear, and have the 4 people playing Railjack together.  Fully equipped, full intrinsics, and communicating with one another in the same room the experience changes a lot.  The weapons are OK, the balance is OK, and the bugs are....oh heck, they're still there.  It's pretty obvious they banged out a fully leveled Railjack and tested the experience like that.

What they always seem to fail to test is the progression.  I harped on that hard via resources because the systems are terrible with regards to progress.  MK I and MK II items are useless because of the cost to work them, even with 80% investment return they return of useless junk (kesslers) is insulting, and the enemy levels and challenge structure shows no care in anything.

So please, DE's response to "play your game" is going to be "we did."  Ask for them to bear the terrible progression out, and show us how they expect anyone to tough it through to MK III equipment when even the best stuff in the game (Vidar reactor) doesn't give us the opportunity to build a full Railjack.

I'm just sad that they've reverted all the way back to the pre-forma days.  When frames literally couldn't equip mods because there wasn't enough capacity.  It's depressing to understand that years of development haven't clued them in to the fact that this isn't a releasable state.  Oh well.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb master_of_destiny:

Get all of the MK III gear, and have the 4 people playing Railjack together.  Fully equipped, full intrinsics, and communicating with one another in the same room the experience changes a lot.  The weapons are OK, the balance is OK, and the bugs are....oh heck, they're still there.  It's pretty obvious they banged out a fully leveled Railjack and tested the experience like that.

I mean sure, at that point it's fun. But what's the point in playing it if you already got everything in RJ?

fix Railjack at anomaly while warping to the area, got stuck in warping. and the anomaly just ended and still at warping for 30 minutes or so if we did not abort and waited. so we lost our loots, and waited for another anomaly and just hoping damn luck to get back those. or grind hard till we bleed.

2 hours ago, VEAST_ARK said:

I mean sure, at that point it's fun. But what's the point in playing it if you already got everything in RJ?

You're missing my point. 

To reiterate, they do test the game.  Instead of an in-depth testing of start to finish (because that'd take hundreds of hours with the grind), they test the endgame where they have everything against the highest level enemies present.  If there's a suitable balance at that point they ship the thing, and patch mid-level content in with little to no work on the balance.  I'm not endorsing the mess, or the half-hearted testing.  I in fact have proposed changes to address all of this, focusing on progression as a goal.    

The reason I'm suggesting not to start banging the "test your game" drum is that DE will reflexively view this as an attack.  If you have spent weeks coding new skins and models for a new mode and had such a backlash, pointed by the accusation that you didn't even try it, there's a likelihood that you'd react negatively as well.  Objectively, it should not be our goal to bash them with their failures, but to point out what is broken and why.  It doesn't matter that they released a mess, that is a mistake which cannot be addressed.  What we can address is how to fix it, and minimize how DE can shut-down valid criticism as "haters gonna' hate."

In short, I ask you to concentrate the anger and disappointment into a positive change, rather than what can be interpreted as attacks.  DE has never historically responded to attacks well, even if they come from very valid frustrations.  They have responded to a wave of disappointment and frustration, which is what we need to provide.

It seems that in the rush for pushing out Railjack/Empyrean, the coding has gotten sloppy through the rest of the origin system map.  Following are a few examples of that mess being left as work continues to normalize a rushed out to try to push a "new game mode" for the steam awards at the end of last year...

First off: 

UO7t74S.jpg

Map generation produces all sorts of weirdness like this and the fact that there's huge black areas on some maps that people can happily walk through.  I didn't take a picture of the tileset on the Orokin Lua Tileset, but it was interesting how it was very one-sided giving the impression that the room hadn't been finished rendering only to walk through the blockage only to see it was and was very one-sided.  

Also doors on the Mars Desert Tileset don't seem to be forming correctly as it looks like a hall off mirrors going through them, only to see it's just a graphics artefact being left behind.  Again, no pictures were taken as I saw it most when running in games from hosts over 300 ms ping, but was surprised to see it happening in a solo only map generated from my PC.  

Next: 

cFC5Zzt.jpg

Was the Kuva Brakk supposed to originally be akimbo?  It seems that this is happening any time on either the large maps of Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon.  While it doesn't fire like an AkBrakk while I'm in Archwing mode -- it's certainly surprising to see me flying and having one Kuva Brakk in each hand and secretly wishing there were such a thing just because it would be so power creep -- and I know just how DE is so against power creep (even though they recently added Exilus Mod Slots to all primary and secondary weapons).  

In-game E-Mail isn't refreshing properly while the e-mail window is open reminding me of old Exchange issues that I often had to fix by rebuilding the indices.  As you can see, delete a message and the deleted message header is showing up on the previous e-mail...  I don't know how many times my actions have consequences from everyone that I received an e-mail from.  Here it's from the Corpus Faction for killing a Grineer Boss.  

eD6unJ3.jpg

Any distance transition to a mission to a ship or a satellite looks like a pale stick figure off the ships they used to be....  Three examples, one from Corpus, Grineer, and Void (though I assure you the ships from infested corpus also have this going): 

vWe6L2U.jpg

Mmftzq5.jpg

RmbmIrD.jpg

Admittedly I haven't done any of the Railjack missions because I refuse to be caught with that hot mess since you dropped the kingpin system of Kuva Liches with no method off arborting/opting out nor allowing the player to kill the King Pin through attrition.  3 months off reliving childhood issues I no longer suffer through in my adult life has taught me to never volunteer to beta test anything that might trigger old issues and older memories.  So, I'll wait until I get word from friends when it's looking better than it currently is to give it a go, and let the braver suffer through that frustration.  

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

You're missing my point. 

To reiterate, they do test the game.  Instead of an in-depth testing of start to finish (because that'd take hundreds of hours with the grind), they test the endgame where they have everything against the highest level enemies present.  If there's a suitable balance at that point they ship the thing, and patch mid-level content in with little to no work on the balance.  I'm not endorsing the mess, or the half-hearted testing.  I in fact have proposed changes to address all of this, focusing on progression as a goal.    

The reason I'm suggesting not to start banging the "test your game" drum is that DE will reflexively view this as an attack.  If you have spent weeks coding new skins and models for a new mode and had such a backlash, pointed by the accusation that you didn't even try it, there's a likelihood that you'd react negatively as well.  Objectively, it should not be our goal to bash them with their failures, but to point out what is broken and why.  It doesn't matter that they released a mess, that is a mistake which cannot be addressed.  What we can address is how to fix it, and minimize how DE can shut-down valid criticism as "haters gonna' hate."

In short, I ask you to concentrate the anger and disappointment into a positive change, rather than what can be interpreted as attacks.  DE has never historically responded to attacks well, even if they come from very valid frustrations.  They have responded to a wave of disappointment and frustration, which is what we need to provide.

I think one of the things that frustrates me about the progression part is that even without testing end-to-end (which would have been the best way to do it -- a genuine player-side view of the whole process -- but is also impractical in their development environment), a lot of the progression issues could have been identified through three angles:

1) a spreadsheet of the rates, amounts, and other math involved and a thorough examination of how those factors interact

2) asking "If our math works out that it should take a typical player X hours to max out their Railjack, is X hours of play going to be fun?" 

3) asking "What shenanigans will the maximum efficiency players pull to beat that time, and will that be fun too?"

They know by now that identifying the most efficient path is the name of the game. That should be factored in to their assumption, and it should be fun to do it either way. 

44 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I think one of the things that frustrates me about the progression part is that even without testing end-to-end (which would have been the best way to do it -- a genuine player-side view of the whole process -- but is also impractical in their development environment), a lot of the progression issues could have been identified through three angles:

1) a spreadsheet of the rates, amounts, and other math involved and a thorough examination of how those factors interact

2) asking "If our math works out that it should take a typical player X hours to max out their Railjack, is X hours of play going to be fun?" 

3) asking "What shenanigans will the maximum efficiency players pull to beat that time, and will that be fun too?"

They know by now that identifying the most efficient path is the name of the game. That should be factored in to their assumption, and it should be fun to do it either way. 

I largely agree.  There are a few things that I'd like to add to your list though, because this is a game which is free to play.  It's often that point which inspires the shenanigans.

1a) A breakdown of how play influences this spreadsheet.  Right now I can get about 1000-1500 titanium on Earth Proxima missions simply by power farming a mission after completion.  If I don't power farm I can run about 2 missions in the time it took me to run one.  Best case scenario is that I get an end of mission reward that is 750 units of titanium.  Upon release titanium was half as present, which meant they balanced the titanium rewards to be about 2 missions worth of regular runs or one power farm.

2a) What is the point break where people are willing to spend money to avoid grind.  See the Hema and Vauban Prime for examples.

2b) Exactly how many hours of grind do each of our purchases alleviate?  As a corresponding component, are we charging enough to match the required hours of grind?

3a) What part of our player base is actually going to power the game mode, because this is the first content since Raids that will require teams to run them?

3b) Why are we ejecting the focus style system of points invested into a tree, and replacing it with a more standard affinity like system?  This means that should an exploit exist all of our content can be power grinded.  This seems like Draco all over again...so what's the benefit we're seeking?

3c) If the game mode is being sold to these power grinders as integrating everything (eventually), then what are we offering as a reward to keep them coming back? 

I'm sorry, but I wanted to highlight that there are a lot of considerations that players often do not have.  I won't defend DE, but it's immensely useful in understanding what they as a company are pursuing.

To highlight the important bits, the rush repair drones really make the problems with this game mode obvious.  They were pushing something out the door, and gave people who are willing to grind the ability to purchase almost everything instead of the painful grind meant to extend the content.  Yes, there are people who powered through the game but those people will always complain about a lack of content.  They need the casual players and people willing to pay for power to fork over money to skip the grind.

I personally have the greatest issue with 3c and 2b.  The former because this is another mode whose drops only make grinding that mode easier, the later because 50 platinum covering 3-4 hours of grind means our time is worth less than pocket change.  That's insulting.

I'm experiencing some super weird bug crash on the game when i was on Maroo's Bazaar and opening my own shop there...  until someone drop a comment on the relay chat about some "the end game" ... then the game crashed ... and later on when i rebooted the game enter the Maroo's Bazaar relay, just entering the relay my game + PC crash with blue screen of dead.

AND now can't start the game. Also lost all my ticket numbers from the crash report submission.😒🤬

There is a bug for clients when you sometimes do no damage to enemies after entering RJ/crewship/point of interest (i suppose mods on your weapons stop working - I wasn't able to trigger berserker on my melee for example along with dealing miserable amount of damage). Re-entering a point of interest helps, but, as you can guess, it is not very convenient.

2 hours ago, AngryShadowNANO said:

I'm experiencing some super weird bug crash on the game when i was on Maroo's Bazaar and opening my own shop there...  until someone drop a comment on the relay chat about some "the end game" ... then the game crashed ... and later on when i rebooted the game enter the Maroo's Bazaar relay, just entering the relay my game + PC crash with blue screen of dead.

AND now can't start the game. Also lost all my ticket numbers from the crash report submission.😒🤬

sounds like the intro to a really crappy ARG

10 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

There is a bug for clients when you sometimes do no damage to enemies after entering RJ/crewship/point of interest (i suppose mods on your weapons stop working - I wasn't able to trigger berserker on my melee for example along with dealing miserable amount of damage). Re-entering a point of interest helps, but, as you can guess, it is not very convenient.

Yeah this bug is game breaking. You basically can't kill anything with any weapon. Not only do buffs NOT trigger. You also barely proc any status. Not sure how to fix it since re-entering the RJ repeatedly didn't help. 

Also a similar bug to this is where you only attack at half speed. That + this bug = do absolutely jack.

---------

But you know what's worse. The armor nerf but HP buff and changes to archweapons has made enemy fighters much harder to kill by a lot even with the best loadouts. Once again DE pretends to make something easier but in reality makes it much more of a time investment. I guess nobody is talking about it because nobody plays RJ very much anymore.

How about getting a toggle for heavy attacks for the billionith time?

On 2020-01-13 at 3:02 PM, Vejova said:

All you have to do is start the mission, you don't have to complete the RJ.

Yeah, I found that out today. Sorry to have created confusion and been that person who doesn't know what they're talking about, lol! I definitely felt silly when my team discovered it. Thank you for responding to set me straight. Take care and happy hunting!

I have stoped playing RJ. Its not fun, especialy since the patch. The dmg numbers you had with rihno buff were fun. Dam it this game is mostly about feeling like a god reaping the lives of your oponnents.

But RJ, the mobs are ridiculus. Most of my frames get oneshot with the normal builds. You have to make them ultra tanky. Most abilities dont scale so they are pretty much useless. An eidolon Limb is easier to destroy then those mobs....

Intrinsics are still not shared which sucks hard. Piloting is fun but not rewarding: awaycrew can get 12-20 Intriniscs while you get only 6-8.

And RJ feels weak even with the best modding. Forward Artillary is undewelming 4 (5 Bug?) shots and you need 3 to destroy a ship in Void. And with the loading time and speed of RJ you will only hit when the RJ stands still.

And why can't you destroy a crewship with normal weapons? Makes no sense.

The healing bubble is bad idea. It has to much HP to brother with it. So you fly away and destroy the Fighters somewhere else. They are annoying at best but dont make RJ even a little bit harder.

I was only playing Giant Point. Why? Because its the fastest, the other dont feel rewarding enough to spend 3-4 more times in them. If the pub players are not totaly dumb, then i can finish Giant Point in 6 min. Any other mission 20-30? Do i get more Intrinsics? As pilot or Engenieer, no i dont! Better loot, only worthwhile would be the umbra forma but the chance combined with the completion time.....

Many are Complaining about AW beeing weak. But a AW does so much better then the RJ Weapons (if you ignore Munitionvortex and Voidhole). AW weapon beeing better then a f****** fully upgraded BATTLESHIP?!?! Before Voidhole and Munitionvortex, the most effective way was to leave the RJ and destroy everything with AW. 

Balancing if off you have viable AW 2-3 AW weapons and some WF with a handfull of weapons and Abilitys. The rest is so bad that it makes zero sense to play it. Its not about being effective or not its useable or absulut useless!

Hopefully while rolling out these hot fixes, someone on the team is also looking into controller support for RJ.  As it stands right now, aiming, Battle Avionics usage, boosting, Omni tool usage are quite broken/unusable on the 360 controller.

6 hours ago, moone said:

I have stoped playing RJ. Its not fun, especialy since the patch. The dmg numbers you had with rihno buff were fun. Dam it this game is mostly about feeling like a god reaping the lives of your oponnents.

But RJ, the mobs are ridiculus. Most of my frames get oneshot with the normal builds. You have to make them ultra tanky. Most abilities dont scale so they are pretty much useless. An eidolon Limb is easier to destroy then those mobs....

Intrinsics are still not shared which sucks hard. Piloting is fun but not rewarding: awaycrew can get 12-20 Intriniscs while you get only 6-8.

And RJ feels weak even with the best modding. Forward Artillary is undewelming 4 (5 Bug?) shots and you need 3 to destroy a ship in Void. And with the loading time and speed of RJ you will only hit when the RJ stands still.

And why can't you destroy a crewship with normal weapons? Makes no sense.

The healing bubble is bad idea. It has to much HP to brother with it. So you fly away and destroy the Fighters somewhere else. They are annoying at best but dont make RJ even a little bit harder.

I was only playing Giant Point. Why? Because its the fastest, the other dont feel rewarding enough to spend 3-4 more times in them. If the pub players are not totaly dumb, then i can finish Giant Point in 6 min. Any other mission 20-30? Do i get more Intrinsics? As pilot or Engenieer, no i dont! Better loot, only worthwhile would be the umbra forma but the chance combined with the completion time.....

Many are Complaining about AW beeing weak. But a AW does so much better then the RJ Weapons (if you ignore Munitionvortex and Voidhole). AW weapon beeing better then a f****** fully upgraded BATTLESHIP?!?! Before Voidhole and Munitionvortex, the most effective way was to leave the RJ and destroy everything with AW. 

Balancing if off you have viable AW 2-3 AW weapons and some WF with a handfull of weapons and Abilitys. The rest is so bad that it makes zero sense to play it. Its not about being effective or not its useable or absulut useless!

I'd like to offer a few points of agreement, and a few counter points.  

The issue with the update and archwings is apparent mathematically.  They have highlighted the fact that armor values have been halved, but the problem is the slash status effects which have been nerfed and the fire status effects which have been slightly enhanced.  If you previously went out with an archwing weapon focused on crit or fire volume (Phaedra and Imperator) you'd quickly burn through entire magazines of ammo to kill one enemy.  The result was that only two weapons were viable because they could apply status effects which could effectively ignore the insane armor.

So you've halved the armor...That means you have made all the other weapons viable, right?  Well, no.  The fact is that the weapons are all still worse than some of our standard heavies from the primary weapon category.  The high armor and effective nerf guns are then further damaged by having the primary health damaging status being nerfed to oblivion.  

I want to be clear here, they've taken standard IPS, implemented it as less effective, and applied no logic to why slash statuses are functionally what was making certain archguns absolutely vital.  They then followed this up by saying "we are doing this so that no one damage type is favored."  I don't know about everyone here, but I remember years ago when they toyed with this idea on our base weapons near the start of the melee 3.0 discussions, and the reaction was...apocalyptic.  Lessons apparently not learned, or they were attempting to slide this change in without our noticing.  Either way, shame.

Regarding good random groups....sigh.  I've managed to grind out almost everything at MK III.  Despite this, I am still missing a significant portion of the avionics.  At 6-6-7-6 intrinsics (I never power farmed with Ivara), I don't have either of the two cited abilities.  Heck, I only recently got seeking volley and don't have particle ram.  A good group means very little when you are lucky, and as long as you've got one decent ability you can effectively cheese the entire mission.  I've only gotten that lucky twice, and it was pretty depressing to be on the crew and just watch a mission play out.  Yep, peppering Proxima Veil enemies with an apoc turret (no MK) is effectively sneezing at them.  That's not a "good team" or "bad team," that's relying on a less than 1 in 100 drop which once boosted effectively breaks the entire game mode.

Regarding the inclusion of specific powers which are required...I think this is a matter of opinion in other modes.  What is not is that the current balance doesn't suggest optimized builds, it effectively prevents the usage of anything but specific builds.  Allow me to explain.  Itzal has an invisibility mode, and projectiles shot from half way across the map ignore this.  These projectiles will rip through a full health and shields Itzal in 2-3 impacts, and they shoot in volleys of 4-6.  Instant death.  The initial builds of Railjack weapon favored the Cryophon.  It was low range and high heat, but it'd often slow enemies and kill in 2-3 shots.  The down-sides were countered by the swarming tactics of the enemy AI, and the only enemy using a ranged attack pattern was effectively the crewships.  Likewise, Zekti Cryophon delivered about 2x damage at 4x heat.  The Zekti weapons were nerfed to 1.5x damage at 2x heat.  Despite this, the high fire rate weapons still feel bad unless enemies are slowed enough to actually hit,  At range this is not a possibility.  You therefore still have to fly into an enemy swarm and either use an AOE or short range-high damage weapon.

None of the above paragraph is a requisite.  The catch is that you'd need to rebalance enemies, have them actually work with an AI rather than a suicide rush, and add enough content in as far as weapons diversity.  I'd be happy to give DE an opportunity to make this happen, but 5+ years in and the enemy AI is still dumber that toast.  DE decided instead of a shooting gallery in space they should speed up the AI to cover its inadequacy.  Once it's slowed down, the failings are obvious. 

I guess the standard response is that all good frames have a niche.  Ivara steals and is invisible, Hydroid can pilfer, Volt has a speed boost, Zephyr is the butt of jokes (nobody need take offense here, I main Zephyr so it's said out of love), etc...  All good weapons have their niche.  The problem is that the archgun weapons list is a black hole of good, largely as a function of being a response years ago to power creep making their mods weak and base damages functionally a joke because they had their own separate game mode.  Likewise, 4 archwings (default-bombardment-stealth-defense) are effectively not a choice when mobility does not allow for projectile avoidance.  So if archwings and archguns only allow for one choice to work period, there's no optimized builds.  All you can decide is whether to be murdered outright or fail.  If the rambling took too long, I agree that certain builds are required for success and that's pretty backwards.

DE shouldn't have released the update as is, because everything I've said is basic common sense.  If I can understand and express the failings, then they should be able to, right?  Well, I'm going to point the blame here at Railjack being rushed out the door with the Lich system carved out of it.  They demonstrated that the galleons were places for the Liches, but it's just a commander unit.  This screams that both systems were pushed as minimal viable product, likely due to wanting the PR from releases at specified times.  That's pretty depressing after about 2 years of hype (based upon the very earliest leaks), or 18+ months of official demonstration. 

The problem is that this is what DE is now.  They've copied Ubisoft for open worlds.  They copied Fortnite for Nightwave.  I guess the joke would be that they're now copying Bethesda for releasing something hyped to the moon as a mess and managed to actually take a hit on the player base.  I'd laugh if that was funny, rather than depressing.   Sigh.  

On 2020-01-10 at 4:04 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Additions, Changes, and Fixes:

• Players will now have ~3 seconds of invulnerability when exiting the Railjack or a Point of Interest! 

A welcome addition but it doesn't fix dying before getting control of your frame after slingshot-ting into a crewship because eviscerators have broken damage scaling. They can kill every frame in .1s except if you're like, Inaros with a full umbral build (70-80k? EHP). Even a Rhino with 8k ferrite armor dies faster than his stomp animation goes off.

8 hours ago, Tempvirage said:

A welcome addition but it doesn't fix dying before getting control of your frame after slingshot-ting into a crewship because eviscerators have broken damage scaling. They can kill every frame in .1s except if you're like, Inaros with a full umbral build (70-80k? EHP). Even a Rhino with 8k ferrite armor dies faster than his stomp animation goes off.

Never been killed slingshotting into a crew ship I use Atlas (CC is great ore gaze bonus codex scans)  it's not lag and you just haven't caught up yet, I sort of know the animation is slow to let you go but never been killed while in it, same with when entering a crew ship without slingshot you can see your warframe rolling around in the air while you spam your keys trying to break free.  😛

Archived