The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loot Idea To Make The Game More Enjoyable

Unrelenting

First of all i have 2 ideas, one for void and one for defense/survival. I have noticed how uncommon mods are more rare than rare mods, how those bp's never drops, damnable formas in void!!! and how much people are suffering from the current RNG.

RNG is good don't ever think it's not needed but it should be RNG only to a certain degree.

1. My first idea is to make 2 loot tables for void, primary and secondary, or to just remove formas all together for higher tiers.

Primary: could/should include Prime drops and whatnot.

Secondary: Formas, Team restore etc bp's, Seasonal stuff(christmas etc.)

2. Make the rarity mean something in terms of how hard they should be to obtain. Make a fixed loottable for different difficulties. for example:

Defense:

Wave 1-10 Reward's random Common mod

Wave 11-20 Reward's random Uncommon mod

Wave 25+ Reward's random Rare mod

Sorry for my bad english im sure someone could summarize and evolve the idea further. Feel free to discuss.

1. I am impartial to this idea, could work, might not.

2. I am highly against this idea. There are people out there who can't get those kinds of waves, whether it be time restraints, simply being casual or just not being all that good. How would they get the rare mods then?

RNG is good don't ever think it's not needed but it should be RNG only to a certain degree.

Let me stop you right there, because in this instance I do think it's not needed.

Many people have suggested and championed the idea of a token system to replace RNG in the void and elsewhere. Because this system would allow some degree of certainty and progress and eliminate the statistical outliers at each end of the bell curve generated by RNG, it would drastically decrease player frustration.

And here's the beauty of it. You can take the probabilistic expectation of time spent to acquire a certain item under the current system, and increase it under the token system (within reason), and still see that same decrease in player frustration, because every mission they run they are now making tangible progress towards their goal.

2. I am highly against this idea. There are people out there who can't get those kinds of waves, whether it be time restraints, simply being casual or just not being all that good. How would they get the rare mods then?

2. rare mods would still drop from enemies, i just want the reward at end of every 5 waves to change. kinda $&*&*#(%& to get a common mod as end reward at wave 15